Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs. Texas Sugar Bowl Game Thread

1444546474850»

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I've seen a lot of role modeling in my day and that's it right there.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2
    HHusky said:

The real clock mismanagement was on the second to last possession when we kicked the field goal to go up 9. Texas takes its first timeout on second down. Instead of running the ball on third down we throw an incomplete pass. So instead of forcing them to call their 2nd TO or let 35 seconds run off the clock before the kick, we stop the clock for them.

This was the moment of my first or second stroke, I can't remember. But yes, terrible Pete Carroll time/game management down the stretch. The fact that we won is the only thing that's keeping me alive.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, btw. At least in this moment. Just thought I'd share my appreciation.
  • Options
    Founders Club

UW cheerleader should be fatter.
    Her shin guards should be knee pads.
    Don't know what this means but sounds good.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    SkipBoyd said:

It’s nice we got that TD, but in order to really establish our game plan I think we ought to go back to the draw into the 11 man front. That’ll show ‘em!!!!

I was screaming "I-FORMATION!!" all night, but who the fuck am I?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Katie George could get it too
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

The real clock mismanagement was on the second to last possession when we kicked the field goal to go up 9. Texas takes its first timeout on second down. Instead of running the ball on third down we throw an incomplete pass. So instead of forcing them to call their 2nd TO or let 35 seconds run off the clock before the kick, we stop the clock for them.

Here's the real crime. If you do that, AND recover the onside kick. They only have one left and you can take three knees = ballgame.

As it goes, we lose DJ and Muhammed, and take it all the way to 59:59 seconds to make one more play.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, btw. At least in this moment. Just thought I'd share my appreciation.
    I had a typo, Plagerism away!

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

HHusky said:

Here's the real crime. If you do that, AND recover the onside kick. They only have one left and you can take three knees = ballgame.

As it goes, we lose DJ and Muhammed, and take it all the way to 59:59 seconds to make one more play.
    I'm just glad we're onto a Natty with Idaho State transfers.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,964
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9/9 @CallMeBigErn. Nice job.

In the pic it looks like she’s wearing shin guards but I’d rather her have knee pads… for when she’s on her knees looking up at me.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,298
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Fun? Read this morning.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I feel like I should pen a farewell letter in case we? lose…

** Apologies to @RaceBannon for plagiarizing his shit **

https://youtu.be/uZmxZThb084?si=OONsZ1iBSjsSIX-3

December 29, 2023
    Camp Bellevue, Washington Territory

Dear Hardcore Husky:

The indications are very strong that we shall meet the forces of the Republic of Texas in a few days. And lest I should not be able to write you again I feel impelled to write a few lines that may fall under your eye when I am no more.

I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in General DeBoer or Captain Penix. My love for the Huskies does not halt or falter. I know how Doogs now lean upon the triumph of the team and how great a debt we owe to those who went before us through the blood and suffering of Owen. And I am willing – perfectly willing – to lay down all my joys in this life, to help maintain this undefeated season, and to pay that debt with my beleaguered nerves and liver if need be.

Forgive my many faults, and the many pains I have caused you. How thoughtless, how foolish I have sometimes been!…

If I should never log onto the site again, do not mourn me dead…but probably keep @trublue away just in case.

Tell my two fathers, I call God's blessing upon them.

Later guys…

-DDJ

I’m still processing the fact that we? won. That team just keeps doing heroic Joshua Chamberlain at the Little Round Top level shit.

The Union is preserved.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I feel like I should pen a farewell letter in case we? lose…

** Apologies to @RaceBannon for plagiarizing his shit **

https://youtu.be/uZmxZThb084?si=OONsZ1iBSjsSIX-3

December 29, 2023
    Camp Bellevue, Washington Territory

Dear Hardcore Husky:

The indications are very strong that we shall meet the forces of the Republic of Texas in a few days. And lest I should not be able to write you again I feel impelled to write a few lines that may fall under your eye when I am no more.

I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in General DeBoer or Captain Penix. My love for the Huskies does not halt or falter. I know how Doogs now lean upon the triumph of the team and how great a debt we owe to those who went before us through the blood and suffering of Owen. And I am willing – perfectly willing – to lay down all my joys in this life, to help maintain this undefeated season, and to pay that debt with my beleaguered nerves and liver if need be.

Forgive my many faults, and the many pains I have caused you. How thoughtless, how foolish I have sometimes been!…

If I should never log onto the site again, do not mourn me dead…but probably keep @trublue away just in case.

Tell my two fathers, I call God's blessing upon them.

Later guys…

-DDJ

I’m still processing the fact that we? won. That team just keeps doing heroic Joshua Chamberlain at the Little Round Top level shit.

I don’t think it’s sunk in for me yet either. I didn’t even cry last night, and I cried like a fuckin baby after the CCG. My wife agreed that it hasn’t sunk in for me yet