Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inflation down again

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,141
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Lowest Business Conditions Index since May 2020 when Blue State Governors and Mayors were intentionally shutting down almost all small private sector businesses. The Make Inflation Greater Act and two trillion dollar annual deficit are great for the long-term economy.

https://ace.mu.nu/

Oh Boy: Key Index Predicting Economic Output "Plummets" to Lowest Level Since Pandemic
    —Disinformation Expert Ace
    Bidenomics, baby!

What hobbies and interests you didn't previously have the time for will you pursue when you're unemployed? Because that is how our treasonous, foreign-actor media will play this.

Get ready for a Funcession!

From Hot Air:

Trouble for the U.S. economy? Empire State gauge sinks to lowest level since pandemic.
    New York Fed's business-conditions index tumbles to negative 43.7, lowest since May 2020
    The numbers: A survey of business conditions in the New York region sank in January to the lowest level since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, perhaps a sign of trouble brewing for the U.S. economy.

The New York Federal Reserve's Empire State business-conditions index, a gauge of manufacturing activity, plunged 29.2 points to negative 43.7, the regional Fed bank said Tuesday.

It's the second-lowest reading ever. The biggest drop took place in the depths of the pandemic, in May 2020.

Economists had expected a negative-4 reading, according to a survey by the Wall Street Journal. Any number below zero indicates deteriorating conditions.

Over the past two months, the index has plummeted 58.2 points, largely because of a decline in new orders. Orders provide an indication of future business activity.

JP Morgan's Jamie Dimon -- a longtime Democrat and close ally of the Clinton Corporate Wing of the Democrat Party -- warned investors a week ago that America was going to be enjoying 70s style stagflation, and won't be enjoying it that much.

JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon tells Americans it's back to the 1970s! Wall Street Doomsayer warns high inflation reminds him of dire economy five decades ago
    Jamie Dimon warned interest rate cuts were not guaranteed this year

He dismissed predictions of a 'goldilocks economy' in 2024 which is neither too hot nor too cold

Several firms are still predicting a recession, despite being wrong in 2023

By Helena Kelly

JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon has warned Americans to prepare for a return to the 1970s - an era marked by rampant inflation, high unemployment and a series of energy crises in the US.

Dimon said rising prices, stagnant growth and huge government spending were among the factors linking the 2020s to the 1970s as he echoed comments made by other economists.

When asked by Fox Business Network's Maria Bartiromo whether households could expect interest rates to decrease three times this year, he said: 'I'm a skeptic. I think because of fiscal spending and other factors.

'I look at a lot of things - forget about economic models - $2 trillion of fiscal deficit, the infrastructure and IRA act, the green economy, the remilitarization of the world, the restructuring of trade, are all inflationary.

'That looks a little more like the 1970s to me.'

His comments are in-line with predictions made by Deutsche Bank. Back in October, the German firm said rising geopolitical tensions and soaring energy prices had created a 'striking number of parallels' between the 1970s and 2020s.

Related: Jamie Dimon just told Democrats to cool it on constantly attacking MAGA. His point is that MAGA make some correct and necessary critiques, and when Democrats attack and smear anyone they brand as "MAGA," they're announcing to voters that "we don't care about these obvious problems that are destroying this country and will keep pretending they're not problems until we hit rock bottom, like Hunter Biden coming off a three year crack power-nap."
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,212
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Can he monetize being pour?
    Biden should run on that.
    Good news, ladies.

Retail sales data shows winners are still buying stuff. You'll be able to run on the "hyperinflation" (3%!!!) issue.
    Sugar Bow tickets wouldn't show up under Retail Sales though would they?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,337
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Retail sales data shows winners are still buying stuff. You'll be able to run on the "hyperinflation" (3%!!!) issue.
    Lol even Biden gave up on campaigning on the economic record but here you are still putting your tongue as deep as possible.

I encourage people like you and Buck to keep reminding everyone you can this is Joe's great economy.
    I'm not running for office.

If you're losing in this economy, there's no economy you can win in.

Harsh, I know.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Lol even Biden gave up on campaigning on the economic record but here you are still putting your tongue as deep as possible.

I encourage people like you and Buck to keep reminding everyone you can this is Joe's great economy.

Harsh, I know.
    So it's not the economy that has Biden's approval at 33%. What is it then?
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.
    Biden isn't popular and losers look for someone to blame for their circumstances.

Inflation is over and winners are winning.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.
    Biden isn't popular and losers look for someone to blame for their circumstances.

Why isn't he popular though?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.
    But please, keep attributing it to Joe. Tell everyone you can. Especially young relatives.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.

Not left or right enough for the nuts. Plus, he's really old.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.

LOL, sure.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If yoi don't think Joe is doing great on the economy you're a fucking loser

Let me focus group this and get back to you

Gonna be speshul as a talking point moving into 2024 no less.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.
    But please, keep attributing it to Joe. Tell everyone you can. Especially young relatives.
    I attribute very little of it to Joe. But you girls keep saying the electorate credits or blames the President for the economy; that's one of the very few things you're right about. Of course, you gals actually do credit or blame the President for the state of the economy as well, which is one of many examples of your ignorance.

• Options
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.
    I attribute very little of it to Joe. But you girls keep saying the electorate credits or blames the President for the economy; that's one of the very few things you're right about. Of course, you gals actually do credit or blame the President for the state of the economy as well, which is one of many examples of your ignorance.

Again, run on that.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_121823/
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.

Again, run on that.

If you're consoling yourself with being no stupider than John Q. Public, you've set a very low bar for yourself. Are you running for office?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.

Again, run on that.

If you're consoling yourself with being no stupider than John Q. Public, you've set a very low bar for yourself. Are you running for office?

Something must have happened for the people claiming that they are struggling to double, no?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.

Schrodinger's President, both responsible for economic success and not responsible for its failure.

Vote for a move to a centrally planned economy then deny any responsibility for its failures.

Extreme leftists indeed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll wait for @HuskyBuck intelligent analysis before jumping to any conclusions.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

It's already baked-in to consumer prices you fucking moron.

Have your food & labor prices retreated back to 2019 yet?

Fuck Off, Dipshit.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.

Schrodinger's President, both responsible for economic success and not responsible for its failure.

Vote for a move to a centrally planned economy then deny any responsibility for its failures.

Extreme leftists indeed.
    “Centrally planned economy”

Someone has to be the most retarded retard. You’ve got a shot.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:
    Good news, ladies.

Harsh, I know.

Is there any part of MSNBC or CNN that you don't blow for your shitty information?