Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fighting the Good Fight, even when it seems the Fight is Lost

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Meek said:

I'm proud to say I'm a minority investor

Canadians are minorities now?
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,083
    I will gladly waste Sven's 20 on this site. And mine, too.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    God bless APAG

"lol"
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    Slingblade ensures it will see heavy traffic in the coming years.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Vegasdawg said:

I hope this post doesn't offend anybody, but I have thought about what it would take to move this board to the next level. And i know what it's like spending money for a cause, I self promote a site out of my own pocket, not sports related, because I'm passionate about the cause.

I don't know anything about growing a sports information-fan site. What I suspect is that this board would need to hire some insiders who can or already have respect within the Husky football inner circle. There would need to be an official board presence at the team functions. Probably similar in nature as what the other fan sites have in structure. And there would need to be advertising and fan support.

I like the open format, I like most of the content here, but i do believe it needs to step up and fill the void. If you want this to happen on a large scale, then a budget and plan needs formulated, and the fans that care will have to step up to the plate. I could see the advantage in coughing up more than twenty five bucks to a well planned and executing cause such as this.

If I'm full of shit, just say so, and I will deal with what we have.

I'm in.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,357 Founders Club

God bless APAG

"lol"

I see what you did there. Well played, sir.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,357 Founders Club
    Vegasdawg said:

I hope this post doesn't offend anybody, but I have thought about what it would take to move this board to the next level. And i know what it's like spending money for a cause, I self promote a site out of my own pocket, not sports related, because I'm passionate about the cause.

I don't know anything about growing a sports information-fan site. What I suspect is that this board would need to hire some insiders who can or already have respect within the Husky football inner circle. There would need to be an official board presence at the team functions. Probably similar in nature as what the other fan sites have in structure. And there would need to be advertising and fan support.

I like the open format, I like most of the content here, but i do believe it needs to step up and fill the void. If you want this to happen on a large scale, then a budget and plan needs formulated, and the fans that care will have to step up to the plate. I could see the advantage in coughing up more than twenty five bucks to a well planned and executing cause such as this.

I've been mapping out a plan through the end of 2015 that covers some of what you mentioned.
  • Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    The fight is lost.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club

The fight is lost.

Reaper, is that you?
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

Meek said:

I'm proud to say I'm a minority investor

Canadians are minorities now?
    America's Top Hat
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    Vegasdawg said:

What do we look like? Bidness men?
    You made a bored for your pretend rivals instead of your real rivals. Mistake #1

@Cuogar_Gold‌

You should lurk around a bit and get a feel for the boards. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM because I have this place dialed in.

When I want to see pictures of women I wouldn't touch with a 100 ft pole, I'll PM you.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

You made a bored for your pretend rivals instead of your real rivals. Mistake #1

USC?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

The fight is lost.

El. Oh. El.

BoH
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club

When I want to see pictures of women I wouldn't touch with a 100 ft pole, I'll PM you.

You'd rather "touch" the pygmy hippo?