Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fighting the Good Fight, even when it seems the Fight is Lost

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Great read as always (it was a great read, actually).

One quibble though:
    Like myself, KobeStopper had been deeply wounded that dreadful day back in December 2007, when Emmert brought back Willingham instead of hiring Mora. And like myself, Kobe couldn’t stand to see what happened to Dawgman, morphing from a magnificent website into Stalag 13.

Doogman had morphed LONG before December 2007.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,357 Founders Club
    actually, the sentence doesn't say it occurred in 2007
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Awesome stuff... really appreciate the background piece. One editorial note though; Petersen was hired early Friday morning (6am) although he was likely hired on Thursday night. So it wasn't 10 days after Sark left, it was more like 4!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,357 Founders Club

After reading this column, I feel even more humbled and honored to be not only a member of the BOI, a moderator and Supreme Allied Commander, but a fellow fucktard.

Bravo Derek, bravo.

Crisped that for you.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Awesome stuff... really appreciate the background piece. One editorial note though; Petersen was hired early Friday morning (6am) although he was likely hired on Thursday night. So it wasn't 10 days after Sark left, it was more like 4!

But it felt like fucking 10! I was on suicide watch the whole time, gasoline already doused, waiting to light the match as soon as we hired Nussmeier. So no, I would not have been around to Cuss for Nuss.
  • Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    Great article dude!
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,090 Swaye's Wigwam
    Just pulled out my Bow Down to Willingham DJ signed copy. (I really didn't, but it sounded good)

Nice read for those of us who just finally stumbled upon this bored after wandering in the desert for the last few years.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I'm proud to say I'm a minority investor
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

After the Mora ship sailed on Wednesday, I admit, I lost my shit a little bit and was CONVINCED Nuss was going to be the guy. And then the news broke Thursday around 4 that Woody was flying to Boise (I tracked down his private plane and watched it on the internets). Shortly after the meeting ended (around 10pm) a BSU booster who was at the airport, said he was hearing that Petersen turned Woodward and Cohen down. I went to bed that night thinking all was lost and Nuss would be announced on Friday. @MrsPetersen woke me up at 6am and said to me, "It's Petersen!". Ever since then I have been doogin' it up, with a major boner in my sweat pants.

I remember reading that thread on BroncoNation and how everyone there was so happy and relieved Pete was staying.

Then after he announced he left, they were in full WDWHA mode.

Good times.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

After the Mora ship sailed on Wednesday, I admit, I lost my shit a little bit and was CONVINCED Nuss was going to be the guy. And then the news broke Thursday around 4 that Woody was flying to Boise (I tracked down his private plane and watched it on the internets). Shortly after the meeting ended (around 10pm) a BSU booster who was at the airport, said he was hearing that Petersen turned Woodward and Cohen down. I went to bed that night thinking all was lost and Nuss would be announced on Friday. @MrsPetersen woke me up at 6am and said to me, "It's Petersen!". Ever since then I have been doogin' it up, with a major boner in my sweat pants.

I remember reading that thread on BroncoNation and how everyone there was so happy and relieved Pete was staying.

Then after he announced he left, they were in full WDWHA mode.

Good times.
    Absolutely. I was so ready to throw it in my Boise friends' faces but was met with the typical "Harsin is the real reason for the success" bullshit.

And this whole OKG thing is way overblown. When I lived in Boise (08-13) I was good friends with 2 players who played for Pete and I'd go golfing or to the bar with guys on the team every once in a while. Like most college kids, they were about slaying tail and getting hammered. And I'm sure quite a few dabbled in some drugs. People take that shit way too seriously. You work your ass off every day, in your down time you're going to boink sorority skanks and get wasted. Who fucking cares. As long as you do your shit and don't make the school look bad, Pete doesn't really care. From what was relayed to me, he's actually a pretty hands-off guy and DGAF as long as you get your shit done. Players respected him, but they weren't meeting him for shots at the Bistro or China Blue on Friday nights.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,083
    The Indian (Sioux actually) quote is "Hoka Hey" if you're interested in specifics there Derek. Indian quote superiority guy, I know. YBE.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

If you ever feel like shutting this place down again, don't. We have no place else to go.

Neck fat Roof. Nope.
    Lemon Party Trio. Nope.
    Jude. He's asleep again. Nope.

This is the only game in town.

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    Thanks for creating the best UW Huskies site out there and fighting the good fight, Derek. Cheers.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,906 Founders Club
    Meek said:

I'm proud to say I'm a minority investor

Always about the minorities?
    AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

If you ever feel like shutting this place down again, don't. We have no place else to go.

Neck fat Roof. Nope.
    Lemon Party Trio. Nope.
    Jude. He's asleep again. Nope.

This is the only game in town.

This is also why I want the Duck Half Brains bored to stay alive. I have a feeling I'm going to need it soon.
    I foresee it becoming very popular someday. It ain't going anywhere.