Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DMo couch sale

1235»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Perhaps a real football coach at UW will inspire dad's across the state to strap their kids into pads

I mean this is actually another thing though, people and families move around a lot more now. Doubly so for a lot of the football family and prep dudes who shop which high-school to play at.

The number of born-and-bred Huskies fans who shit purple and piss gold while growing up in Washington their whole life is also way down.

Reclaiming our "national brand" is more important than ever in this era.
    Migration within the US has been and is in decline.

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2022/03/united-states-migration-continued-decline-from-2020-to-2021.html
    From one of the all time highs.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,146
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Maybe in a couple years things will turn around. But student populations in general aren’t growing. K-12 are expected to decline by more than 5% by 2030.

Good, fuck the kids. Too many stupid people making babies.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

It would be great if UW football along with the Seahawks pushed and helped youth football. I recall George Karl did this while at the Sonics and that is one of the major reasons there was a spike in great basketball players coming out of Seattle area. Invent in the youth, and it will pay off.

I went to a basketball camp at Sehome High school hosted by the Sonics circa 90 or 91. I think it was Eddie Johnson and Avery Johnson. Avery had already been traded I want to say but committed to the camp and honored it which was pretty cool.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,526
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023

alumni94 said:

It would be great if UW football along with the Seahawks pushed and helped youth football. I recall George Karl did this while at the Sonics and that is one of the major reasons there was a spike in great basketball players coming out of Seattle area. Invent in the youth, and it will pay off.

I went to a basketball camp at Sehome High school hosted by the Sonics circa 90 or 91. I think it was Eddie Johnson and Avery Johnson. Avery had already been traded I want to say but committed to the camp and honored it which was pretty cool.

alumni94 said:

Yep, I went to the Seafirst Jammin Hoops Camp at Nathan Hale HS sometime in the early-mid 90's. There were several Sonics that made cameo appearances. It was great. Also went to the Mariners camp at the KingDome in the early 90's hosted by Jay Buhner, Omar Visquel and Jeff Nelson.
    Yesss. I went to the Jammin hoops camp at Centralia in the early 90s. I think Benoit Benjamin, Eddie Johnson, and Nate McMillan were there