Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oklahoma QB Dillon Gabriel enters the portal

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    bisonduck said:

Honestly I don’t see a lot of 5’10 qb’s in the Big 10. There’s probably a reason for it. Could be another Vernon Adams

I can name McCord, McCarthy and Aller. I know McNamara played for Iowa too but went down. Should Oregon get a qb with a “Mc” in their name because everyone is doing it?

Big 10 qb play was awful. This bored talked about poaching Fifita the entire 2nd half of the season for next year.

Gabriel isn’t Prukop nor Vernon Adams whom was actually good. He’s not an FCS transfer where projection is required. He played at Oklahoma and he beat Texas. FFS just admit it was a good pickup and move on.

I am sure Will Rogers will do great in KDB’s scheme. See…it’s not that hard.
    They have Ward coming in for a visit this week per Pete Thamel. Pretty sure it's why Rogers hasn't committed yet.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

UW will be fine especially if they close Ward. Deboer is a winner and always has great QB play.

People forget Jake Haener went from Back up to Heisman hopeful before Penix was on the map at UW. Deboer and Grubb have proved they are a winning team at developing OB talent. If I’m Ward I’m looking at the offense, the weapons and the system and a bag from Addidas and making an in state commitment.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

McSorley is athletic, decisive and has a quick release. His size isn't ideal at 6-1 when it comes your "typical" FCS quarterback, but he owns plenty of those intangibles you look for in a field general.

A two-way standout at Briar Woods HS in Ashburn, Va., Penn State has made it clear to McSorley they want him to compete at the quarterback position.

Between Ward and Gabriel, I’m taking Ward all day long if I’m Oregon
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t see why Dillion has a higher value. Twice as much… I don’t think that’s the case.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I don’t see why Dillion has a higher value. Twice as much… I don’t think that’s the case.

Because racism. They’re saying Ward will get a downtrodden NIL deal
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NIL evaluations are no different than paid for recruiting rankings.

Run by fat neckbeards that never played and designed so that quooks like @46XiJCAB can get their limp pencil dicks up about 5 degrees once a week.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

NIL evaluations are no different than paid for recruiting rankings.

Run by fat neckbeards that never played and designed so that quooks like @46XiJCAB can get their limp pencil dicks up about 5 degrees once a week.

They’re complete guesses at best. Usually very wrong
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

Honestly I don’t see a lot of 5’10 qb’s in the Big 10. There’s probably a reason for it. Could be another Vernon Adams

I can name McCord, McCarthy and Aller. I know McNamara played for Iowa too but went down. Should Oregon get a qb with a “Mc” in their name because everyone is doing it?

Big 10 qb play was awful. This bored talked about poaching Fifita the entire 2nd half of the season for next year.

Gabriel isn’t Prukop nor Vernon Adams whom was actually good. He’s not an FCS transfer where projection is required. He played at Oklahoma and he beat Texas. FFS just admit it was a good pickup and move on.

They have Ward coming in for a visit this week per Pete Thamel. Pretty sure it's why Rogers hasn't committed yet.
    I am sure they will shoot their shot on Ward. It seems Ohio St. is all in on him. There’s a lot of smoke there.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

I am sure they will shoot their shot on Ward. It seems Ohio St. is all in on him. There’s a lot of smoke there.

According to multiple reports he doesn’t even have a visit there. One coming from a Duck pod but yes odds are he’s in Columbus next year . However they sound like a shit show with 15-16 players likely to transfer. Something is going on there and I’m not sure why he would risk that
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

According to multiple reports he doesn’t even have a visit there. One coming from a Duck pod but yes odds are he’s in Columbus next year . However they sound like a shit show with 15-16 players likely to transfer. Something is going on there and I’m not sure why he would risk that
    Development.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

I’m not positive he’s going to be good at Oregon. Not every qb is good in that system. Either way enjoy
    That’s called denial. He’s a good fit. The only question is keeping him healthy and a lot of that is luck.

Oregon brings back too much for Gabriel to not be successful.
    Greatest team ever?
    Very balanced and complete
    Hopefully more balanced and complete than this year. I would hate to see it 4 straight with the next Heisman candidate at qb while I’m in denial watching the CFP
    ‘24 Oregon doesn’t need to be better than ‘23 Oregon to beat ‘24 UW. The kick in the nuts this bored is going to experience next year is going to be lol.
    Fan Duel?

Next year's team?

Eye test?
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Oregon has to push out 17 players just to get to 85. I see it as aggressive roster management.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Oregon has to push out 17 players just to get to 85. I see it as aggressive roster management.
    Well since Lanning has such a superior culture I’m sure he won’t have a lot of guys transferring out. Going to be tough getting those numbers down.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

That’s why I think you are an idiot. “Aggressive roster management” from a team that’s went 33-5 over the last 3 seasons is a sub par intellectual comment at best. Not everything on this board is about Duck Football