Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oklahoma QB Dillon Gabriel enters the portal

Comments

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Two posts that summarize why three separate award-winning OCs have spent time with Ty and concluded that he’s not the guy
    Apparently he’s been bad in practice. I looked really good in limited time this year though.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2023
    bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

Two posts that summarize why three separate award-winning OCs have spent time with Ty and concluded that he’s not the guy
    Apparently he’s been bad in practice. I looked really good in limited time this year though.
    Incredible arm talent. Not there mentally or as a leader. And at this stage of his career, increasingly unlikely that ever changes.

Picture penix or nix making pouty posts on twitter and ig for clout. You can’t.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Ty was a retard to stick around at Oregon after Nix came back.

Also it will be interesting to see where we are in a couple years with NIL and the transfer portal. It sounds like you have a starter (Gabriel) who had a good season being forced out at Oklahoma because the freshman qb they paid a bunch of money to get threatened to portal if he's not starting next year.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,580
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Serious question. This dork has played four full seasons of college football and a fifth season getting a few games. Why does he need another?

He’ll still be younger than penix is now this time next year
    Penix never played one full season of college football but congratulations on coming out of hiding and dropping this zinger again. If Penix was on Oregon you losers would be begging and offering 10 million to get him to come back for another season, which he could get and still be more reasonable than Nix or Gabriel starting five full years.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    It seems more and more likely Oregon replaces Thompson with Dante Moore. Hopefully Oregon can coach him up between the years.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,962
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

bisonduck said:

It seems more and more likely Oregon replaces Thompson with Dante Moore. Hopefully Oregon can coach him up between the years.

If Moore transfers there to ride the bench for a year, he's a loser and will likely share the same fate as Ty Thompson
    Agreed. Don’t see that happening.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

I can’t imagine Gabriel would take kindly to Oregon bringing in a guy like Moore to be a back up. Gabriel tends to get banged up and if their’s even a small chance he gets Wally Pipped in his last year by a talent like Moore I think he’d bail on that deal.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

bisonduck said:

I can’t imagine Gabriel would take kindly to Oregon bringing in a guy like Moore to be a back up. Gabriel tends to get banged up and if their’s even a small chance he gets Wally Pipped in his last year by a talent like Moore I think he’d bail on that deal.
    Apparently he’s cool with it. People are way over estimating Dante Moore’s current readiness, too. He couldn’t Wally pipp Dylan Morris much less Dillon Gabriel. He legit needs a full year to just practice and learn.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

Apparently he’s cool with it. People are way over estimating Dante Moore’s current readiness, too. He couldn’t Wally pipp Dylan Morris much less Dillon Gabriel. He legit needs a full year to just practice and learn.
    This. Dude got all the playing time he wanted and after a while it was detrimental to his development. He would be smart to sit and learn for a year. He couldn't process what he was seeing fast enough. Throws a great ball.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023
    Honestly I don’t see a lot of 5’10 qb’s in the Big 10. There’s probably a reason for it. Could be another Vernon Adams
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 184
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Moar “Mariota Magic”
    Rank em #1 now, how will Uncle Phil sway Fox?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023
    ntxduck said:

Honestly I don’t see a lot of 5’10 qb’s in the Big 10. There’s probably a reason for it. Could be another Vernon Adams

Russel Wilson did ok
    Russell Wilson is near the top of the NFL with a measurement of 10 and 1/4 inches. Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen each measured 10 and 1/8 inches. Two-time Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes measures at 9 and 1/4 inches.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,543
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Russel Wilson did ok
    Sounds like Gabriel is Russell Wilson 2.0.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Honestly I don’t see a lot of qb’s in the Big 10. There’s probably a reason for it. Could be another Vernon Adams

Fixed