Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oklahoma QB Dillon Gabriel enters the portal

Comments

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2023

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Honestly I don’t see a lot of 5’10 qb’s in the Big 10. There’s probably a reason for it. Could be another Vernon Adams

I can name McCord, McCarthy and Aller. I know McNamara played for Iowa too but went down. Should Oregon get a qb with a “Mc” in their name because everyone is doing it?

Big 10 qb play was awful. This bored talked about poaching Fifita the entire 2nd half of the season for next year.

Gabriel isn’t Prukop nor Vernon Adams whom was actually good. He’s not an FCS transfer where projection is required. He played at Oklahoma and he beat Texas. FFS just admit it was a good pickup and move on.

I am sure Will Rogers will do great in KDB’s scheme. See…it’s not that hard.
    I’m not positive he’s going to be good at Oregon. Not every qb is good in that system. Either way enjoy
    That’s called denial. He’s a good fit. The only question is keeping him healthy and a lot of that is luck.

Oregon brings back too much for Gabriel to not be successful.
    Greatest team ever?
    Very balanced and complete
    Hopefully more balanced and complete than this year. I would hate to see it 4 straight with the next Heisman candidate at qb while I’m in denial watching the CFP
    I am not saying DG gets Oregon in the top 4 seeds. He solves a hole in the roster very well. Whether Lanning can beat KDB next year is a different story.
    What I’m saying is you’re going into the Big 10 not the Big 12. You are the University of Nike make it count. Bo Nix was fucking good. Ward I would have been afraid of. DG not so much
    Oregon’s staff is really high on DG. Apparently there was one qb higher on the board and it wasn’t Ward but someone going pro.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Honestly I don’t see a lot of 5’10 qb’s in the Big 10. There’s probably a reason for it. Could be another Vernon Adams

I can name McCord, McCarthy and Aller. I know McNamara played for Iowa too but went down. Should Oregon get a qb with a “Mc” in their name because everyone is doing it?

Big 10 qb play was awful. This bored talked about poaching Fifita the entire 2nd half of the season for next year.

Gabriel isn’t Prukop nor Vernon Adams whom was actually good. He’s not an FCS transfer where projection is required. He played at Oklahoma and he beat Texas. FFS just admit it was a good pickup and move on.

I’m not positive he’s going to be good at Oregon. Not every qb is good in that system. Either way enjoy
    That’s called denial. He’s a good fit. The only question is keeping him healthy and a lot of that is luck.

Greatest team ever?
    Hopefully more balanced and complete than this year. I would hate to see it 4 straight with the next Heisman candidate at qb while I’m in denial watching the CFP
    ‘24 Oregon doesn’t need to be better than ‘23 Oregon to beat ‘24 UW. The kick in the nuts this bored is going to experience next year is going to be lol.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Greatest team ever?
    ‘24 Oregon doesn’t need to be better than ‘23 Oregon to beat ‘24 UW. The kick in the nuts this bored is going to experience next year is going to be lol.
    Lost 5/7 and 3 straight
    and still on a Husky Forum talking shit.
    I’ve been more optimistic than the doogiest doog about the dwags this year going back to September. It’s a sick team that is going to make the final and have a 50/50 shot in that game. Race bannon this is a nice moment I’m going to let you have it.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Greatest team ever?
    Lost 5/7 and 3 straight
    No one here is talking shit but you. DG was a good pickup. Your bragging rights aren’t mutually exclusive to that fact.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Greatest team ever?
    Lost 5/7 and 3 straight
    No one here is talking shit but you. DG was a good pickup. Your bragging rights aren’t mutually exclusive to that fact.
    After loosing 3 straight maybe you should just shut the fuck up
  • Options

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Greatest team ever?
    Lost 5/7 and 3 straight
    This is literally a thread about a recruit that committed to Oregon. No one is saying that DG makes Oregon better than UW next year. You’re acting insecure. I am sure Will Rogers is better.
  • Options
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Greatest team ever?
    Lost 5/7 and 3 straight
    This is literally a thread about a recruit that committed to Oregon. No one is saying that DG makes Oregon better than UW next year. You’re acting insecure. I am sure Will Rogers is better.
    Insecure and not watching my team face the might Liberty Flames ….
  • Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Serious question. This dork has played four full seasons of college football and a fifth season getting a few games. Why does he need another?

He’ll still be younger than penix is now this time next year
    Penix never played one full season of college football but congratulations on coming out of hiding and dropping this zinger again. If Penix was on Oregon you losers would be begging and offering 10 million to get him to come back for another season, which he could get and still be more reasonable than Nix or Gabriel starting five full years.
    Of course I would. I like penix a lot. Great teammate, generational qb, perfect person to be the face of the program. Just a weird insult to make fun of a guy’s age when your qb is even older.

Coming out of hiding? I didn’t go anywhere?
    Never said anything about age. Talking about four full seasons starting every single game and one injury season compared to a guy who played four seasons but only played in 3-7 those years. Big difference.

I’m glad we’ve moved the revenge goal posts to 2024 while UW is fighting to win a national championship this year. The offseason natty is gonna be sweet this year.

If Oregon or UW gets a QB that’s what Vernon Adams it would be a huge win for them in 2024. Can’t project too much until you know who is and isn’t leaving early for the draft and transfers.
    I think we can project Oregon easier than UW at the moment. Oregon has both offensive tackles returning and has an answer at QB. The biggest question now is having an answer for Franklin leaving.

To your point, it’s hard to say how talented UW will be without seeing the cycle through.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Greatest team ever?
    Lost 5/7 and 3 straight
    And yet you still seem upset.

WDWHA is one of the founding pillars of HCH. If you can’t have the self awareness to laugh at how this thread went you’re in the wrong place.

Or actually probably not, anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Greatest team ever?
    Lost 5/7 and 3 straight

WDWHA is one of the founding pillars of HCH. If you can’t have the self awareness to laugh at how this thread went you’re in the wrong place.

When I’m on a Duck sight looking like a total idiot then. You can say I’m upset. In the meantime enjoy your bowl game against the might flames
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Greatest team ever?
    Lost 5/7 and 3 straight

When I’m on a Duck sight looking like a total idiot then. You can say I’m upset. In the meantime enjoy your bowl game against the might flames
    This particular Husky site invited like minded Ducks in. I’m sorry that bothers you so much.

Imagine caring where a bunch of retards shoot their pixels.
  • Options

AIDS

Dillon Gabriel is #TooShort.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,995
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

UW has to replace its QB, best WR, best DT, two ILB, two OLB, two TE, and AA caliber tackle at a minimum.

In addition to that, we're probably losing 1-2 of the other starting WR, starting RB, underrated but also AA caliber right tackle, and best corner.

That's a lot of key contributors to replace and I don't think UW has the quality of depth that most top 5-10 teams have due to piss poor recruiting in the 21-22 high school classes. It's not inflammatory to say that UW is probably going to take a step back. It's going to take a portal miracle to be a top 10 team again in 2024. Even if it happens the lack of depth is going to be a little scary.

Going on record as saying DSD called this months ago BUT considering we’re in the midst of a national title run this nega dawg is going to hold comment until after Jan 8th.

You’re both right though.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Russel Wilson did ok
    Russell Wilson has insane arm talent. DG does not.