Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lanning to aTm

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

So have we decided that Lanning is good now?

To me, he looks and acts coked out every time I see him, but it's hard to argue with results. A couple of losses to Warshington aside, his defense plays impressively well in spite of having Tosh as a DC, and the offense is very well designed and balanced.

Lanning is a good coach with a rivalry game problem.

Maybe he gets it together against UW and Beav, maybe he doesn't.

But he is a southern boy from Tejas, and Oregon having to plug in yet another coach is better for UW than the alternative
    This board has developed brain rot this season.
    Why?
    Ask your southern boy from tejas.

There used to be some smart people on here. Now it’s basically the Oregonlive comments section circa 2003
    Youve been exceptionally asshurt for months now.

Cant imagine why
    Lol. Totally. If I’m “asshurt” about anything it’s that this place used to be my go-to spot to discuss football because all the Oregon boards are full of pweston and duckzone503 types. And now it’s like trying to talk to 500 different ballz alts here.

Let me know where in Texas Lanning is from. I think you’re onto something there.
    Ah, I see he is from Missouri.

Still southern cuntry.

Why so upset? His wife has a Texas tattoo in his tattoo.

Kick rocks
    He’s midwestern Kansas City but keep trying. His dream job is the Chiefs.
    He’s from Missouri. Missouri is in the SEC. Ergo, Lanning is a southern man.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

To me, he looks and acts coked out every time I see him, but it's hard to argue with results. A couple of losses to Warshington aside, his defense plays impressively well in spite of having Tosh as a DC, and the offense is very well designed and balanced.

But he is a southern boy from Tejas, and Oregon having to plug in yet another coach is better for UW than the alternative
    Why?

There used to be some smart people on here. Now it’s basically the Oregonlive comments section circa 2003

Cant imagine why
    Lol. Totally. If I’m “asshurt” about anything it’s that this place used to be my go-to spot to discuss football because all the Oregon boards are full of pweston and duckzone503 types. And now it’s like trying to talk to 500 different ballz alts here.

Let me know where in Texas Lanning is from. I think you’re onto something there.

Still southern cuntry.

Kick rocks
    He grew up with Missouri in Big 12 country. Ergo, he’s a midwestern guy through and through.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SEC west whenever Saban retires will be the place to be, it’s a smart move

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Why?

Cant imagine why

Still southern cuntry.

Kick rocks
    He grew up with Missouri in Big 12 country. Ergo, he’s a midwestern guy through and through.
    So you’re saying when Oklahoma or Texas fire their retards … bad tattoo guy is first in line?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don't think Lanning would take that jerb BUT I also don't know how any Duck fan could ever be confident that an HC would stay.

Guessing this is Lanning's Auburn that gets him a big raise and he's gonezo next year or the year after.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    bisonduck said:

flatus said:

Baseman said:
    So many chins for this post.

I'd think you all would want Lannbo to STAY forever. 0-2 vs UW and guaranteed to blow 1-2 games per year with asinine playcalls.
    Isn’t this handle a bunch of bullshit anyway?
    Yes, the dude is a nobody fishing for clicks. Hence it going viral on this bored. #notrootedinsubstance
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    The whole Lanning -> atm thing is just for laughs. Oregon will get some other young keg boy because the main needed attributes are 'Are you in your mid thirties and will you dance around on the streets of Yelm with pom poms for high school kids'. The rest will take care of itself and they will still roughly be what they are now.

Helfrich failed trying to do it the REAL Oregon way, which is why he was fired.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

The whole Lanning -> atm thing is just for laughs. Oregon will get some other young keg boy because the main needed attributes are 'Are you in your mid thirties and will you dance around on the streets of Yelm with pom poms for high school kids'. The rest will take care of itself and they will still roughly be what they are now.

Helfrich was fired because he was a fucking loser who made terrible coordinator hires
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Helfrich was fired because he was a fucking loser who made terrible coordinator hires
    I miss him
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If they don’t hire Meyer then this ain’t my Texas A&M.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jedd Fisch. Cook it.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I don't think Lanning would take that jerb BUT I also don't know how any Duck fan could ever be confident that an HC would stay.

Guessing this is Lanning's Auburn that gets him a big raise and he's gonezo next year or the year after.

It’s a sample size of two. The move to the Big 10 should help retain the HC save a coach that has a “dream job” or they’re so good that Bama or Ohio St come calling.
  • Options
    Alexis said:

Jedd Fisch. Cook it.

Elko seems to be the common denominator.