Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Does any Pac-12 team make the playoff???

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's what Jonethan Stuwart and Dennise Dicksin thought in 2006 too. HTH
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    They should try running the ball more than 5 times per game. They are completely predictable.
  • Options
    Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

wazzu is taking Oregon out of the playoffs this year. Before all the duck fans put their lattes down and bike over to try and fight me on this, just let me remind you of this game from 2006:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwQfiYlD8-U

Sorry I can't find a highlight video. I'm sure the ducks wanted that game struck from recorded history.

Perfect trap game just like 2006 though

The coogs are hot garbage. HTH.
    its this attitude that lost you that game.
  • Options

They should try running the ball more than 5 times per game. They are completely predictable.

I didn't know you had to run the ball as a rule of football. Are you mixing up soccer/football rules or something?
  • Options
    The cougars are on the lower end of standout threats this season.
  • Options
    haie said:

Doogs like you would've swallowed a whole turd to get a player like "Jonathon Stewart" btw
  • Options

I didn't know you had to run the ball as a rule of football. Are you mixing up soccer/football rules or something?
    Your coach doesn't seem to value running backs very much. The all out air raid attack is silly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Doogs like you would've swallowed a whole turd to get a player like "Jonathon Stewart" btw
    Yeah I know if only Stewart could have flipped to us at the last second...
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

wazzu is taking Oregon out of the playoffs this year. Before all the duck fans put their lattes down and bike over to try and fight me on this, just let me remind you of this game from 2006:

Sorry I can't find a highlight video. I'm sure the ducks wanted that game struck from recorded history.

Was thinking about it a few weeks ago. WSU has played Oregon okay in recent years. If WSU is a little better and Oregon a little worse and the crowd plays a role, then you very well can have a close game. Also, Oregon lost 6 starters on defense. Early in the season so weather should favor WSU. If WSU's OL can hold up then they could put pressure on the ducks D.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Was thinking about it a few weeks ago. WSU has played Oregon okay in recent years. If WSU is a little better and Oregon a little worse and the crowd plays a role, then you very well can have a close game. Also, Oregon lost 6 starters on defense. Early in the season so weather should favor WSU. If WSU's OL can hold up then they could put pressure on the ducks D.
    Let's not ignore the fact that the "Air Raid" offfense will be throwing against arguably one the best secondaries in the country.
  • Options

I am half serious about that. Back in 2006 some ducks came up to party with us before that game, and it was the usual tune-up attitude while still being nice to us. Even after that game one of the guys "thanked" me and said, "The Ducks really needed to have their egos checked."

They wear pink against us. It's perfectly fine with me if they don't respect the coogs or this game in the slightest. That combined with as you said O-Line, some turnovers (not from Halladay) sets up for nice trap game imo.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Let's not ignore the fact that the "Air Raid" offfense will be throwing against arguably one the best secondaries in the country.
    Its called an upset because its not supposed to happen. Oregon should run all over them and their DL should destroy WSU's OL. But there are numerous small things which could favor WSU and make it a trap game. FWIW I'm also worried about the WSU game for UW. Not that I think WSU will be much better, just that they could be in good position for both games.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lol Oregon will parking lot rape WSU.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm not saying UO won't most likely dominate the coogs but that balding snatch they have coaching doesn't seem to be able to have them mentally prepared for their dreckiest of road games. If Halladay throws even 1 or 2 picks it is already over. If he plays well, and wazzu's receivers can wear down the Duck d a little bit, they have a small chance. That 2006 Duck team was pretty damn good going up against a less than mediocre Brink squad.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

IThey wear pink against us. It's perfectly fine with me if they don't respect the coogs or this game in the slightest.
    The pink was funny but I don't think it had anything to do with disrespecting the coogs. They would have worn it against Stanford or any other team if the game happened to fall in that area of the calendar.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The pink was funny but I don't think it had anything to do with disrespecting the coogs. They would have worn it against Stanford or any other team if the game happened to fall in that area of the calendar.

OBK. S. ET.
  • Options
    dnc said:

OBK. S. ET.
    You need to write a guidebook on how to interpret your abbreviated posts.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OBK Oregon Fans. Stanford. Every Thread.
  • Options
    haie said:

OBK Oregon Fans. Stanford. Every Thread.

Stanford is the poltergeist that haunts our dreams.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

I'm not saying UO won't most likely dominate the coogs but that balding snatch they have coaching doesn't seem to be able to have them mentally prepared for their dreckiest of road games. If Halladay throws even 1 or 2 picks it is already over. If he plays well, and wazzu's receivers can wear down the Duck d a little bit, they have a small chance. That 2006 Duck team was pretty damn good going up against a less than mediocre Brink squad.

There are two Duck teams since the creation of football (1994) that Duck fans all consider pure dreck: 2004 & 2006.

Those years were such dreck they made HoF Mike change his entire program. 04 brought on the release of Ludwig and the change to the spread. 06 brought on the release of Crowton and the hiring of the fucking Messiah which would shove HoF Mike aside after only two seasons.

A team that was given a win for losing to Oklahoma, completely quit by mid season, and got plunger raped by Mormons in a bowl is not "pretty damn good."

Your shitty team beat a shitty team at home. That's not impressive in any way. Spare me the fucking "well Oregon was ranked" bullshit. ASU is fucking ranked in the top 20 every year at some point and have only actually been that good one time in Snyder's lifetime goal to lose a Rose Bowl.