Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Joey Says "Forget Stanford! Let's go in dry vs USC!"

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,560 Founders Club

Weird: as soon as I posted the comment above, the episode reappeared. Who knows--all good now.

Sounds like you’re a fucking retard and need to go take a bath while super high on opiates and listen to this amazing pod. Or DIAFF. Whatever.
    This response is generally ok but not in this case
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,526 Swaye's Wigwam

My massive dong is well worth 30 seconds of your life, if not more.

Takes 30 seconds just to push it all the way in!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,424 Founders Club

Weird: as soon as I posted the comment above, the episode reappeared. Who knows--all good now.

We've had weird stuff going on, including with the site
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,424 Founders Club

Next Tim Stalin comes down to a White Wakanda for a golf vacation I’m gonna get a pic of him standing next to Mrs Snow who’s at least 2 inches taller than Pac 12 networks Ashley Adomson.

I don't think you're getting the point. Me at 5'9" standing next to your 6'2" wife is so what? It's not about a woman being taller than a man per se. I'm talking about the optics of a football broadcast where you have a 6'0" lead commentator woman standing next to two 5'6" guys as part of the broadcast, it was intentionally done that way. It would be like having Hulk Hogan and Randy The Macho Man Savage being the analysts for women's ice skating. You would assume rightly that it was being done on purpose to further some weird agenda or to troll, instead of giving the ice skating viewers what they want.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,767 Swaye's Wigwam

Sounds like you’re a fucking retard and need to go take a bath while super high on opiates and listen to this amazing pod. Or DIAFF. Whatever.
    This response is generally ok but not in this case
    Apologies. Do we have a rule book for when it is and isn’t acceptable?

Eerily similar situation to a bad decision made by a young DSD. End result was a little different. Rolled it around in my head a little and decided that the comment qualified as a gray area. Based on the other fucked up shit in there, and your response, I can see how that was misguided.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

Next Tim Stalin comes down to a White Wakanda for a golf vacation I’m gonna get a pic of him standing next to Mrs Snow who’s at least 2 inches taller than Pac 12 networks Ashley Adomson.

I don't think you're getting the point. Me at 5'9" standing next to your 6'2" wife is so what? It's not about a woman being taller than a man per se. I'm talking about the optics of a football broadcast where you have a 6'0" lead commentator woman standing next to two 5'6" guys as part of the broadcast, it was intentionally done that way. It would be like having Hulk Hogan and Randy The Macho Man Savage being the analysts for women's ice skating. You would assume rightly that it was being done on purpose to further some weird agenda or to troll, instead of giving the ice skating viewers what they want.
    I just chortle every time you say "That 6' woman" on the Pod, pod-nah.

I don't know what the agenda is, but it's not Ashley's fault. Get those other 2 Grinolds height fucking dweebs off the show.

I don't know what the agenda is, but it's not Ashley's fault. Get those other 2 Grinolds height fucking dweebs off the show.
    I never blamed Ashley
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,819 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not buying into the conspiracy theories that Grubb and/or DeBoer have one leg out the door or that Penix is going to Eugene to get a second opinion on his upcoming amputation. I do think Penix might be dealing with some kind of rib issue on top of his flu issue, and that would explain his reluctance to run for first downs. This coaching staff doesn't seem like the kind that would roll out an amputee at QB, especially if they are going to be moving to Ann Arbor in January.

I haven't checked in with Hugh Millen, but it seems like the offense is doing a lot less motion over the past two weeks, and I wonder if that's because without McMillan and Bernard being 100%, they're a bit limited there. Seems like it shouldn't be an issue, but who knows. The first month of the season, this team was motioning all over the place and that seemed to result in receivers being open all over the place.

My doog hope is that this is a trap for the last four opponents and that the real Warshington will come to play at trooj.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter

Haven’t listened to the episode yet, but if it’s full of blatant heightism, I’m not sure I want to.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,819 Swaye's Wigwam
    On the announcer complaints, when I saw Tim Brando was on the call, I knew we were in for a long night. A few years ago, he was one of the big anti-Washington voices when the "cupcake" scheduling was making the rounds. He wouldn't listen to any reason. The guy is an ass.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

I never blamed Ashley
    I know you're not blaming Ashley. But still, I want Ashley to stay on TV.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,276 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

On the announcer complaints, when I saw Tim Brando was on the call, I knew we were in for a long night. A few years ago, he was one of the big anti-Washington voices when the "cupcake" scheduling was making the rounds. He wouldn't listen to any reason. The guy is an ass.

I've actually enjoyed his general announcing before. Reminds me of watching big SEC games. Oddly seems like their might be some axe to grind with UW. Who the fuck knows anymore?
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 801

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam
    My GF's question sometime early in the third quarter..."do these announcers work for the black and red team? They've been stroking them all game, even when the Huskies do something good."

For me that was the worst announcing I've ever sat through for a UW game, or at least worst I can remember. It was worse than the officiating.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,365 Swaye's Wigwam
    In regards Penix ailments is it possible he found his way into one of the illustrious threads on this site and contracted AIDS?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,933 Founders Club

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter
    Finally listened.

Completely forgot about Ivan Lewis…brought back memories of him participating in that hot dog eating contest at that Spring Game. One of my biggest “WTF are they doing?” moments as a fan - and that’s a lot when you consider I’ve watched Browning scramble into the backfield for a 30 yard loss on first down.