Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How fucking blind are you?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

How fucking blind are you? 21 votes

Mild Myopia (-.25 to -2.0)
28%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverPurpleBazeMad_SonLebamDawgDoog_de_JourFishpo31 6 votes
Pretty Blind Myopia (-2.25 to - 5.0
14%
RoadDawg55alumni94YellowSnow 3 votes
Really Fucking Myopia ( -5.0 and worse)
4%
GrandpaSankey 1 vote
I've got Swaye 20/20 Fighter Pilot Eyes
42%
whlinderbiak1huskyhooliganFenderbender123Williams3BleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerously1to392831weretakendirtysouwfdawg 9 votes
I'm a freak with hyperopia
9%
PurpleJSources 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2023
    Until recently I had pretty decent vision and had a weak prescription, but for whatever reason in the past two years my eyesight has gone downhill, especially at night. Debating about getting the LASIK surgery.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Until recently I had pretty decent vision and had a weak prescription, but for whatever reason in the past two years my eyesight has gone downhill, especially at night. Debating about getting the LASIK surgery.

I think I'm a LASIK candidate but many folks I know that have done LASIK end up having to go back to corrective lenses down the road.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I think I'm a LASIK candidate but many folks I know that have done LASIK end up having to go back to corrective lenses down the road.
    That’s what I’ve heard as well, but hopefully when that day comes I’ll have entered my Golden Girl era anyway…I’m gonna rock those sweet bifocals with the chain!

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2023
    FireCohen said:

@GrandpaSankey silence speaks volume

Was @GrandpaSankey at 20/400. Then did the Lasik about 18 years ago.

Now 20/20 at distance but have to wear cheaters for reading and wear midrange correction for computer work but that was a known trade-off. Worth it.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I was like 40/400 or some legally blind shit almost. Had LASIK about 8 years ago. Best money I’ve ever spent although my eyes are much more sensitive to light than they used to be but I just wear shades everywhere
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    I wear reading glasses like a grandpa, perched on the end of the nose.

Have no idea if that myopic or the other.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Right eye was 20/20 & left eye was 20/15 until about a year ago. I recently bought a pair of cheaters and have been using them on occasion.

It took until age 52 for my eyes to go downhill. Not bad.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was like 40/400 or some legally blind shit almost. Had LASIK about 8 years ago. Best money I’ve ever spent although my eyes are much more sensitive to light than they used to be but I just wear shades everywhere

Do you wear your sun glasses at night?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One eye is a little worse than the other - I was amazed after having that eye surgery I thought I would be blind. Doc said nope. I do need to get them checked soon...
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    Founders Club

Do you wear your sun glasses at night?
    Yes. So I can…
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    Founders Club
    I’m not actually sure if it’s mild or one above that. My eyes started getting fuzzy around 15 years ago. Tried contacts and hated them so I’m a regular 4 eyes kinda guy.

I can sit 10 feet away from someone, see them but their face will be all kinds of blurry. I don’t need reader thankfully. The good news is my eyes have been pretty steady over the last 6-7 years.

My eyes are also sensitive to sunlight. The worst for me being out if it’s just rained and sunny. It’ll give me a goddamn migraine. I basically don’t leave the house without sunglasses on even if it’s overcast. I have a pair of Wiley X’s with lens that look like something Bono wears.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I got LASIK in early 2000s. It lasted for 15-18 years. I wear glass again, mostly for driving. What LASIK doesn’t help and the area that has gone to crap is reading. I wear reading glass more than anything now.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just started using readers two years ago and I am 54. I have them all over the house so I don’t have to go upstairs to get them. I have a fancy set for the computer that have close range. Mid range and far range.

Other than that the eyes are decent.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

I got LASIK in early 2000s. It lasted for 15-18 years. I wear glass again, mostly for driving. What LASIK doesn’t help and the area that has gone to crap is reading. I wear reading glass more than anything now.
    This is my concern- i.e., might not be a long term fix for me (wasn't for my brother) and I'm gonna need readers soon anyhow.

I'm so used to wearing contacts for 30 + years, I don't think about the hassle anymore.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

alumni94 said:

This is my concern- i.e., might not be a long term fix for me (wasn't for my brother) and I'm gonna need readers soon anyhow.

I'm so used to wearing contacts for 30 + years, I don't think about the hassle anymore.
    I mean, few of us in this thread are spring chickens anymore, and at some point we all need to get some kind of glasses.

I bet you could pull off readers, Yella.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

alumni94 said:

I mean, few of us in this thread are spring chickens anymore, and at some point we all need to get some kind of glasses.

I bet you could pull off readers, Yella.
    I have readers in my fishing vest. Can't tie knots w/o 'em anymore @chuck @dflea
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got glasses in third grade. Eye doctor had to pay for that country club membership

Got a mouth full of fillings too.

And was THANKFUL for it
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Wife says I will eventually need readers. I would rather be 60 years old and holding a menu three feet from my face to read it than have to tote glasses around with me.