Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How fucking blind are you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,626
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

alumni94 said:

Until recently I had pretty decent vision and had a weak prescription, but for whatever reason in the past two years my eyesight has gone downhill, especially at night. Debating about getting the LASIK surgery.

I think I'm a LASIK candidate but many folks I know that have done LASIK end up having to go back to corrective lenses down the road.
    I got LASIK in early 2000s. It lasted for 15-18 years. I wear glass again, mostly for driving. What LASIK doesn’t help and the area that has gone to crap is reading. I wear reading glass more than anything now.
    This is my concern- i.e., might not be a long term fix for me (wasn't for my brother) and I'm gonna need readers soon anyhow.

I'm so used to wearing contacts for 30 + years, I don't think about the hassle anymore.
    I mean, few of us in this thread are spring chickens anymore, and at some point we all need to get some kind of glasses.

I bet you could pull off readers, Yella.
    I have readers in my fishing vest. Can't tie knots w/o 'em anymore @chuck @dflea
    That's a good idea. I see pretty well still in good light. Plus I don't fly fish for trout so the lightest line I ever use is 6lb for high lakes. I mostly using high vis braid main line and fluorocarbon leaders no lighter than 10lb. I can see that fine as long as the light is good. I'm not sure if I should carry readers for gloomy days or a headlamp.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mild Myopia (-.25 to -2.0)

Wife says I will eventually need readers. I would rather be 60 years old and holding a menu three feet from my face to read it than have to tote glasses around with me.

I hear ya. I was once where you are, solidly, until I began having to ask to borrow my wife’s feminine (or faggy) stylishly adorned readers to read the menu…hope your arms are longer than mine…
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,527
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm a freak with hyperopia
    @PolPotDawg
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I’m disappointed Pac12 Ref Blind wasn’t an option.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,548
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One other thing - I have had my eyes scratched twice - once by metal flakes where I wore an eye patch for a week or so, then as I walked up to no. 2 (wife not a dump) she is talking like an Italian, hands moving everywhere, and as I come up from behind, she flings her hand over her shoulder and got both eyes with her fingernails. I think she did it on purpose. The next morning I could not open either eye, trip to the emergency room, ended up wearing another patch for a week. With all that said, I can't even put eye drops in my eye, I am like a spastic, takes an entire bottle to get two drops in. btw - I can't wear contacts.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

One other thing - I have had my eyes scratched twice - once by metal flakes where I wore an eye patch for a week or so, then as I walked up to no. 2 (wife not a dump) she is talking like an Italian, hands moving everywhere, and I as I come up from behind, she flings her hand over her shoulder and got both eyes with her fingernails. I think she did it on purpose. The next morning I could not open either eye, trip to the emergency room, ended up wearing another patch for a week. With all that said, I can't even put eye drops in my eye, I am like a spastic, takes an entire bottle to get two drops in. btw - I can't wear contacts.

Love it when they bare their claws. Tell the Mrs. to call me. 🤙 ☎️😘
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've got Swaye 20/20 Fighter Pilot Eyes
    Can't hear shit, perfect vision. The wife and I are polar opposites.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    Pretty Blind Myopia (-2.25 to - 5.0
    Which sense are not not willing to lose; sight, hearing, taste, smell?

I love music, so it’s a no go on losing hearing. Taste a close second.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    alumni94 said:

Which sense are not not willing to lose; sight, hearing, taste, smell?

I love music, so it’s a no go on losing hearing. Taste a close second.

Touch.

brb, jo

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

One other thing - I have had my eyes scratched twice - once by metal flakes where I wore an eye patch for a week or so, then as I walked up to no. 2 (wife not a dump) she is talking like an Italian, hands moving everywhere, and as I come up from behind, she flings her hand over her shoulder and got both eyes with her fingernails. I think she did it on purpose. The next morning I could not open either eye, trip to the emergency room, ended up wearing another patch for a week. With all that said, I can't even put eye drops in my eye, I am like a spastic, takes an entire bottle to get two drops in. btw - I can't wear contacts.

Sooo do you drive? And if so where exactly do you live?

T’s & P’s to your vision though.
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you are fortunate enough to live a long time you will probably need cataract surgery at some point. That surgery is going to require significant extra due diligence if there is LASIK in your medical history. Worth it for me, but there is no such thing as risk-free surgery.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Exactly ZZ ~ so i go to the optometrist to get my glasses adjusted because after years of the same prescription my eyesight is changing... after testing the optometrist is all happy and starts telling me what a lucky guy I am... he says, great news, you immediately qualify to have cataract surgery in both eyes! says that I have a sort of rare version of cataract growth of silver crystal [the silver gorilla version] and books me for an appointment with the ophthalmologist.

So i call my sister and she says the exact same thing ~ what a lucky guy I am! I'm thinking that man, these people have a weird sense of good luck.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,548
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After having eye surgery in 2020 one of the side effects was cataracts. I had the surgery to replace the lens. Piece of cake. I have decent vision now. I was lucky I caught everything early enuff. Still will not try dong contact lens.
    Hearing is the one sense I could handle losing - I am married after all.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

After having eye surgery in 2020 one of the side effects was cataracts. I had the surgery to replace the lens. Piece of cake. I have decent vision now. I was lucky I caught everything early enuff. Still will not try dong contact lens.

Sounds like you and @TheRoarOfTheCrowd are both lucky guys.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

I won’t try dong contact lens either. Sounds painful for my dong.
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Really Fucking Myopia ( -5.0 and worse)
    Your eyes are as good as mine