Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

sitting penix

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Swaye said:

Sit the best QB any of us has ever seen in our lifetims at UW in the middle of an undefeated season with him the leading the candidate for the Heisman while ranked 5th in the cuntry? I just want to make sure I am understanding the dumb shit some of you are saying correctly.

Yeah I'm not buying in. This isn't a fantasy team. You don't sit your Heisman candidate qb on a whim or a feeling. He had guys in his face all game, threw one lame duck pick, and missed one out pattern (then proceeded to throw darts on several more)

He was still zipping the ball like always from what I could see. He is the team. If Penix and the med staff and coaches think he can play then he should sure as fuck play.
    He did have a chance to run a few times including one for a touchdown. Didn't even cross his mind to scramble. He is definitely playing hurt.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Swaye said:

Sit the best QB any of us has ever seen in our lifetims at UW in the middle of an undefeated season with him the leading the candidate for the Heisman while ranked 5th in the cuntry? I just want to make sure I am understanding the dumb shit some of you are saying correctly.

Yeah I'm not buying in. This isn't a fantasy team. You don't sit your Heisman candidate qb on a whim or a feeling. He had guys in his face all game, threw one lame duck pick, and missed one out pattern (then proceeded to throw darts on several more)

He was still zipping the ball like always from what I could see. He is the team. If Penix and the med staff and coaches think he can play then he should sure as fuck play.
    He did have a chance to run a few times including one for a touchdown. Didn't even cross his mind to scramble. He is definitely playing hurt.
    How often has he ever run? It's a rarity. There have been many times over the past two seasons I've silently screamed for him to JUST FUCKING RUN.

That said, it's understandable why he shies away from it. There's a little bit of history there.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    TheHB said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

How often has he ever run? It's a rarity. There have been many times over the past two seasons I've silently screamed for him to JUST FUCKING RUN.

That said, it's understandable why he shies away from it. There's a little bit of history there.
    I agree with you in general. But when the offense is playing like shit and you have a chance to run it in for a TD on 3rd down and you basically throw it away, that is more telling to me. It's not like we were in any control of the game. He is not a dumb player. This had to be pre determined that he was not running hell or high water.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

I agree with you in general. But when the offense is playing like shit and you have a chance to run it in for a TD on 3rd down and you basically throw it away, that is more telling to me. It's not like we were in any control of the game. He is not a dumb player. This had to be pre determined that he was not running hell or high water.
    Yeah, I just didn't see anything in his game that would have kept him from running if he wanted to. I watch a lot of football, and there are multiple times in every game where QBs could easily pick up a first down, gain big yards or even score a TD if they would just pull down the ball and run. Unless you're a running QB -- which Penix is as far from as they come -- you are so focused on getting the ball downfield that the thought of running just doesn't reach the top of the brain in time.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,264
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It is pretty common when guys are hurt/dinged up and the instructions are “take a little off, no risks, 80% is fine” that the performance suffers. Some can pull it off, but most can’t…

WTBS, 15-18 with 3 TDS to start, and he can light up the cohiba post-halftime and let DMo finish it off…
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Swaye said:

He was not zipping the ball like always

He was off and his ribs were bruised

Get him some more vicodin from here on out
    Paging @DrFeelgoodDwag
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

You saying that with such authority means fuck all. Show me the "off" passes and see if it amounts to more than those I mentioned. He was off because he was under pressure on every drop back. He's not used to it and it wasn't until late that they started calling reasonable pass plays against that defense. He could have hit 5-7 yard out patterns all day.

Edit...Penix with sore ribs is light years better than the panic stricken, scatter armed midget you guys are trying to risk a game by starting. Man I can't believe we're still discussing this. We've seen him play.
    Listen pal, if you're a 6'5", pussy slaying, airforce pararescue bad ass like PGOS you can diagnose a bruised rib from the section 35 nose bleeds
    I'm not your pal, guy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Swaye said:

I'm pretty sure he ran and dove for yardage on one play though. Was I imagining that?
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

I'm pretty sure he ran and dove for yardage on one play though. Was I imagining that?
    I can't remember. The 3rd and goal in a close game with the season on the line to fucking asu though, I think any healthy qb does that.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

You saying that with such authority means fuck all. Show me the "off" passes and see if it amounts to more than those I mentioned. He was off because he was under pressure on every drop back. He's not used to it and it wasn't until late that they started calling reasonable pass plays against that defense. He could have hit 5-7 yard out patterns all day.

Edit...Penix with sore ribs is light years better than the panic stricken, scatter armed midget you guys are trying to risk a game by starting. Man I can't believe we're still discussing this. We've seen him play.
    Listen pal, if you're a 6'5", pussy slaying, airforce pararescue bad ass like PGOS you can diagnose a bruised rib from the section 35 nose bleeds
    I'm not your pal, guy
    I'm not your guy, pod
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

I can't remember. The 3rd and goal in a close game with the season on the line to fucking asu though, I think any healthy qb does that.
    I don't doubt he has some bruised ribs or something. I think it's a different play than the one you mentioned. There was a blown up run play where he had the option to keep and had a lane to the left, away from the blitzer. He would've taken a hit but I thought there was enough of a gap to run it in

All I'm saying is that he still had his arm in my judgement. I think it was the pressure that had him off his throwing game for most of the night. He threw a fair number of typical Penix throws too though.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The spread against Stanford is 26 so that may mean the sharps aren't convinced Penix is too hurt.

Was UW missing Brailsford at C and Buelow at OG? Also missing starting WR McMillan and top back-up Bernard didn't help either.

I don't get why we haven't seen any slip screens, bubble screens, jail-break screens, and TE screens. If Defense is throwing tons of A gap and B gap blitzes at a not-100%, a well-executed screen will tighten the DC's sphincter very quickly.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Let Dylan coook!!!

Top Ramen noodles
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

This thread starting with long COVID, developed AIDS halfway through, and is now battling pancreatic cancer.

Which is a death sentence.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Play Penix at QB and Morris at OC

Morris at random sideline signal caller. A step up from water boy. Not sure he's better than Linfield's D3 QB.