Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fake Narratives Open Thread

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I can’t believe nobody mentions our clearly superior culture.

How do you measure culture? Well, one indicator is when absolutely nobody fucking leaves. HTH.
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

There are many fine people on both sides of the rivalry

FAKE NEWS

There are no good people on either side.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,998
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Nobody. Thanks for confirming.
    Wait...do...do you actually think that people think you are somebody?
    On HCH? What little fucking person gives a flying fuck? Welcome to the internet, junior.
    No fucking shit retard. I'm not the dipshit here asking who people are, or saying they are nobody
    You seem a little on edge, pal. Can I send you a xanax?

I understand though, handling the ups and downs of a #6 vs #7 match up can be tough.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Media and social media dorks love Oregon. You have to remember that going into last year's game the narrative was if Oregon could beat Georgia if they played again based on Oregon beating UCLA at home as part of UCLA's yearly second half collapse and beating up crap teams. Then UW won in Eugene but about 8 days later it was like it never happened again.

Just gotta win and advance.

Literally no one with any type of audience said this was a narrative. You guys love to make things up to be mad about
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Media and social media dorks love Oregon. You have to remember that going into last year's game the narrative was if Oregon could beat Georgia if they played again based on Oregon beating UCLA at home as part of UCLA's yearly second half collapse and beating up crap teams. Then UW won in Eugene but about 8 days later it was like it never happened again.

I know of no one claiming that Oregon would beat UGA in a rematch. Maybe we’re reading different media.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

“We have a different team this year on defense. We got rid of the four and five star guys we didn’t want anymore and replaced them with everyone else’s four and five star guys they didn’t want anymore.” Big difference.

So MSU didn’t want Bernard? Miss. St. didn’t want Johnson? OSU didn’t want Muhammad?

Oregon portal additions have improved their D and that’s not even debatable if you have eyes.

I’ve read no outrageous claims that they’re the 85’ Bears.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    HuskyJW said:

Monday mornings i’m gonna start a new thread of bookmarked Twitter posts from the previous week

That’s gonna be wild, man.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

I know of no one claiming that Oregon would beat UGA in a rematch. Maybe we’re reading different media.
    I remember this from last year. ESPN, etc. was assuming juggernaut Oregon would win out and possibly earn a spot in the CFP.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

I remember this from last year. ESPN, etc. was assuming juggernaut Oregon would win out and possibly earn a spot in the CFP.
    Did you start crying?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

46XiJCAB said:

• Options

46XiJCAB said:

Did you start crying?
    When Bo got hurt? Nah. I was okay with it.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,638
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

At the very least this was all over Twitter. I could dredge shit up but I don't have time. I'll maybe give you that people weren't saying beat but would be a more competitive game.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

Did you start crying?
    When Bo got hurt? Nah. I was okay with it.
    The perfect response for Twitter. You should go back there. You’ll be a star.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

“We have a different team this year on defense. We got rid of the four and five star guys we didn’t want anymore and replaced them with everyone else’s four and five star guys they didn’t want anymore.” Big difference.

So MSU didn’t want Bernard? Miss. St. didn’t want Johnson? OSU didn’t want Muhammad?

Oregon portal additions have improved their D and that’s not even debatable if you have eyes.

I’ve read no outrageous claims that they’re the 85’ Bears.
    Jesus don’t you get it? EVERY fanbase does this. There’s one that is excessive about it. Own it. Quooks are obnoxious. Twitter is the worst. The 5-6 of you here are fine. It’s fun back and forth. The media hype train is nauseating.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Oregon is more balanced. Even more than the 2020 elect… TITTT. Leads to a victory 100% of the time.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

I want Oregon to win just to read and listen to WoollyDoog's apoplectic ranting following the game.

Secretly, @DerekJohnson does, too.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    flatus said:

I want Oregon to win just to read and listen to WoollyDoog's apoplectic ranting following the game.

Secretly, @DerekJohnson does, too.
    No denying it will be a good win for Oregon if it happens