Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Grinolds letting Peterman have it re: TBS

Apparently Peterman's recruitment of local players is a major reason for alarm.

In the (paraphrased) words of Kimmy:

What happened?

Joyner? Throckmorton? Eason? All these guys were heavy UW leans and if you told me a year ago that Petersen would lose all 3 I would not have believed you. You have to ask why is he losing these local players that wanted to come to UW?

At this point, the previous staff's local recruiting woes are brought up, and of course, according to Kim, it's apples and oranges:

First of all, recruiting locally now is way different than it was 3 years ago. Sark came into a much different situation than Petersen.
Banner - Sark wanted him but there were some major red flags there
Garnett - Wanted Stanford's academics, no loss by Sark
Williams - Wasn't good enough. The staff would not take his commitment
Jack - academic issues. loved Mora. not Sark's fault. In fact, heard rumors that Jack really loved the UW staff under Sark but just felt more comfortable with Mora because he knew him longer

As you can see, there were perfectly goo explanations of why these kids went elsewhere. But with Joyner, Throckmorton, and Eason, some serious questions need to be asked, according to Kim

Seriously Woodward, get this fucking clown away from the program

-bananaboat

Comments

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I though no more than half the team is from this state anyway?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    My quick check shows only 30% of the team from this state.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jack is on roids and had academic problems? Not an OKG
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam
    Ucla is harder to get into than UW Kim you fucking moron. That dude tells the doogs what they want to hear, and nothing else
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Damoan ... You misspelled DisheveledDepressedAlcoholic.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like Kim could use a few of these:

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Whatever happened to the go-to excuse that because of the interwebz, skype and twatter, it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep the local kids home. We're living in a different era.

Apparently this doesn't apply anymore.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Apparently Peterman's recruitment of local players is a major reason for alarm.
    Jack - academic issues. loved Mora. not Sark's fault. In fact, heard rumors that Jack really loved the UW staff under Sark but just felt more comfortable with Mora because he knew him longer
    -bananaboat

He loved him so much that when he got the chance to play against him, he taunted him every opportunity he got. The lemon trio has recruiting dialed in.