Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you support Coach Helfrich?

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2014
    No
    My comment is also relevant to the topic, because it explains another reason why Chip would want to leave this town. Sven also makes a very good point. Urban Philadelphia is crime ridden for sure, but Chips living in the Burbs. The high price suburbs in Philadelphia >>> The high price suburbs of Eugene.

Lets also not be ignorant towards the extreme rise in crime Eugene has seen the last few years, in large part due to the greater influx of meth in the community.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

My comment is also relevant to the topic, because it explains another reason why Chip would want to leave this town. Sven also makes a very good point. Urban Philadelphia is crime ridden for sure, but Chips living in the Burbs. The high price suburbs in Philadelphia >>> The high price suburbs of Eugene.

Lets also not be ignorant towards the extreme rise in crime Eugene has seen the last few years, in large part due to the greater influx of meth in the community.

Maybe, but the weather in the Midwest and the East is inferior. Who the fuck wants to live in a state where it remains > 80 degrees at night and doesn't cool down.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Philadelphia is a crime ridden scum hole. Eugene isn't so bad in comparison. Since he comes from the East Coast I'm sure he's glad to be closer to his home. But your statement of lets compare the average Eugenian to Chip was fucktarded, elitist, unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic.

The average upper campus Eugenian: Overly sensitive, pc, hates other rich people and feels guilty of themselves for also being rich, loves ties, and doesn't feel the need to keep score.

Chip: doesn't give a shit about feelings just results, isn't pc, looks at many rich people as hard workers, hates ties, and wants to win at everything he does
    That's a rank, ignorant overgeneralization. Just because your friends or associates and the Eugene City Council are that way doesn't mean everyone else is. There are plenty of people who don't give a shit about feelings just results, aren't pc, look at many rich people as hard workers, hate ties, and wants to win at everything they do.
  • Options
    No

Philadelphia is a crime ridden scum hole. Eugene isn't so bad in comparison. Since he comes from the East Coast I'm sure he's glad to be closer to his home. But your statement of lets compare the average Eugenian to Chip was fucktarded, elitist, unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic.

I'll speak in Eugenian terms for you. Eugene is more liken to the Belotti, Helfrich, and Riley type, while excellence demanding cities are more liken to the Kelly, Meyer, and Saban type. One type can be good coaches not great, while the other can be sport altering.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Yes

The average upper campus Eugenian: Overly sensitive, pc, hates other rich people and feels guilty of themselves for also being rich, loves ties, and doesn't feel the need to keep score.

Chip: doesn't give a shit about feelings just results, isn't pc, looks at many rich people as hard workers, hates ties, and wants to win at everything he does.
    Chip was really rubbing people the wrong way and was about to implode.
  • Options

I'll speak in Eugenian terms for you. Eugene is more liken to the Belotti, Helfrich, and Riley type, while excellence demanding cities are more liken to the Kelly, Meyer, and Saban type. One type can be good coaches not great, while the other can be sport altering.
    Fuck off. If you think Philly is so great and Oregon sucks, you're welcome to LEAVE.
  • Options
    No

Maybe, but the weather in the Midwest and the East is inferior. Who the fuck wants to live in a state where it remains > 80 degrees at night and doesn't cool down.
    Chip works too hard to worry about the weather. HTH
  • Options
    No

Chip: doesn't give a shit about feelings just results, isn't pc, looks at many rich people as hard workers, hates ties, and wants to win at everything he does
    That's a rank, ignorant overgeneralization. Just because your friends or associates and the Eugene City Council are that way doesn't mean everyone else is. There are plenty of people who don't give a shit about feelings just results, aren't pc, look at many rich people as hard workers, hate ties, and wants to win at everything they do.
    Of course everybody in Eugene isn't like that, but a lot of the decision makers and smaller donors of the program are. Which are the types he has to have daily associations with.
  • Options
    No

Fuck off. If you think Philly is so great and Oregon Eugene sucks, you're welcome to LEAVE.
    I already did, but thanks for the advice.
  • Options

Of course everybody in Eugene isn't like that, but a lot of the decision makers and smaller donors of the program are. Which are the types he has to have daily associations with.
    Yeah fine. Say that, instead of pulling out your largest brush and painting everyone the same color.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No

Yeah fine. Say that, instead of pulling out your largest brush and painting everyone the same color.
    This got old a while ago. But here's a life lesson.

Get used to people outside Eugene calling you overly sensitive, pc, hates other rich people and feels guilty of themselves for also being rich, loves ties, and doesn't feel the need to keep score. The faces of Eugene feel that way, and unfortunately everyone else in the town falls under that stereotype. Fair? absolutely not, but life is never fair. Just like how people down south, up in the northeast, etc. have to live with their stereotypes. It is what it is. If you don't like it, get different representation. That's why we vote.
  • Options

Get used to people outside Eugene calling you overly sensitive, pc, hates other rich people and feels guilty of themselves for also being rich, loves ties, and doesn't feel the need to keep score. The faces of Eugene feel that way, and unfortunately everyone else in the town falls under that stereotype. Fair? absolutely not, but life is never fair. Just like how people down south, up in the northeast, etc. have to live with their stereotypes. It is what it is. If you don't like it, get different representation. That's why we vote.
    You should tone the arrogance down a bit. It makes you sound like an asshole. Everyone lives with stereotypes. Apparently you've spent some time in Eugene. Good for you. But someone who has spent time there and then engages in propagating the stereotypes just comes across as ridiculous/ignorant. HTH.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No

You should tone the arrogance down a bit. It makes you sound like an asshole. Everyone lives with stereotypes. Apparently you've spent some time in Eugene. Good for you. But someone who has spent time there and then engages in propagating the stereotypes just comes across as ridiculous/ignorant. HTH.
    The last person who said something similar also told me to "shit on my hat" I believe was the term. He also mentioned all the time his buddies in Portland had a good time reading this board. Great times........
  • Options

The last person who said something similar also told me to "shit on my hat" I believe was the term.
    Not bad advice if you continue in this vein.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

The people running the Oregon program need to be fired (or put in line before a firing squad) for not anteing up and paying Kelly more to stay. But hey why do that? They needed to save money after splurging on those posh Brazilian hardwood floors and all those big screen TVs. You need to cut costs somewhere. Why not start with the coach? Helfrich is a bargain. I'm sure it made them happy to snag such a qualified coach with all that experience under his belt, and save the Oregon program some money in the process.

The dumbest and most delusional post I've read on this board.

Congrats ... you're a dumbshit.
  • Options

The people running the Oregon program need to be fired (or put in line before a firing squad) for not anteing up and paying Kelly more to stay. But hey why do that? They needed to save money after splurging on those posh Brazilian hardwood floors and all those big screen TVs. You need to cut costs somewhere. Why not start with the coach? Helfrich is a bargain. I'm sure it made them happy to snag such a qualified coach with all that experience under his belt, and save the Oregon program some money in the process.

Are you still here? Shouldn't you be quooking it up on educk and impressing your leader Stalin?
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited July 2014

Are you still here? Shouldn't you be quooking it up on educk and impressing your leader Stalin?

This place is far more hilarious than educk. The idiocy here is astounding, and you're comedic gold. Plus, I've been suspended from eDuck more times than I can count, including the past week.

Derps gotta derp though, ammiright?

• Options
    edited July 2014

This place is far more hilarious than educk. The idiocy here is astounding, and you're comedic gold. Plus, I've been suspended from eDuck more times than I can count, including the past week.

Derps gotta derp though, ammiright?

If you've been suspended from educk more times than you can count and still continue frequenting that shithole, you are operating at a very high level of idiocy. The horsepower in your brain appears to be low, unless you're using retarded horses to measure it. The fact that you're going through the trouble of changing your ip address numerous times just to poast there speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    No

After some of your rants on eDuck I'd keep that word in the golf bag for awhile.