Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you support Coach Helfrich?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

OBK has stepped up his game lately, and he never bitched out and ran like certain poasters....

Fair poont
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Our OBK is learning, true, which is more than can be said for PDXDickFan.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    No
    PurpleJ said:

Answer the fucking question

In year one he's the funny cool guy with the players making comments oh how good of a coach Chip Kelly was and how funny Slingblade is. Now in year two he's the fucking Gestapo.

He's just not the guy and his assistants aren't going to bail him out.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

In year one he's the funny cool guy with the players making comments oh how good of a coach Chip Kelly was and how funny Slingblade is. Now in year two he's the fucking Gestapo.

For now we're stuck with him. And if we're stuck with him I'd like to see him get more gestapo on their asses. More gestapo, less funny guy. At least it's a start.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    No

Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

For now we're stuck with him. And if we're stuck with him I'd like to see him get more gestapo on their asses. More gestapo, less funny guy. At least it's a start.
    Great leaders act like who they are. Chip Kelly in a film room is the same guy drinking a beer. Don James would skull fuck you for cutting his grass too short. Bob Stoops will give you his famous "are you that fucking stupid?" look if you forget his French Fries. That's why his brother didn't cut it. Mike was NOTHING like the flailing retard he was on the sidelines outside of work. If you have to "put on your mean face" for work it's only a matter of time before they catch onto your act.

I'd rather Helf be the lovable jokester he is and if it works fantastic, if it doesn't Oregon moves on.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Mark should be Mark, but I'm hoping (HOPING) that he grows into the position he holds. So, I'm in LIFPO for the time being
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,495
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes
    If Mark being the lovable jokester is who your coach is then you need to cinderblock his ass to the Mckenzie before the season starts. The "Gee golly shucks"-faggot-Salem-barista routine will sink Oregon faster Pellum or any other coattail-clinging fucktard down there.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,525
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes
    AZDuck said:

Mark should be Mark, but I'm hoping (HOPING) that he grows into the position he holds. So, I'm in LIFPO for the time being

I thought the same thing about Sark at one point...
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

AZDuck said:

I don't like where this is headed...
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    No
    You ask Chip a question, he gives you a 3-4 word answer, if he had to explain it, he may have gone to 10. When your coach answers media questions with a paragraph or paragraphs, it tells me he doesn't have any confidence in what he's saying. That's why I don't like Helfrich.
  • Options
    The people running the Oregon program need to be fired (or put in line before a firing squad) for not anteing up and paying Kelly more to stay. But hey why do that? They needed to save money after splurging on those posh Brazilian hardwood floors and all those big screen TVs. You need to cut costs somewhere. Why not start with the coach? Helfrich is a bargain. I'm sure it made them happy to snag such a qualified coach with all that experience under his belt, and save the Oregon program some money in the process.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

AZDuck said:

Doogs gonna Doog.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No

The people running the Oregon program need to be fired (or put in line before a firing squad) for not anteing up and paying Kelly more to stay. But hey why do that? They needed to save money after splurging on those posh Brazilian hardwood floors and all those big screen TVs. You need to cut costs somewhere. Why not start with the coach? Helfrich is a bargain. I'm sure it made them happy to snag such a qualified coach with all that experience under his belt, and save the Oregon program some money in the process.

I understand the sarcasm but Oregon wasn't going to be able to keep Kelly. They could have offered him Saban money, and Philadelphia would have countered with close to a matching offer or even more control. Chip has always wanted the NFL, and Philly is a perfect fit for him. In Philly, the fans love his sarcastic answers and treatment of the media. While the sandy plague of a city Eugene was getting tired of his attitude. They felt he was rude and not respectful towards the season ticket holders and the low level donors. To me winning is the ultimate form of respect but not to Eugenians. They would rather suffer through multiple 6-6 seasons but be in the inner circle.

Chip also hated recruiting. Nothing bothered Chip more than having to go to some kids parents home and sell them on why he needed to go there. Basically Chip figured, his team was better than most every other team and so was he. What did he have to proof to this kid and his family?

Let's get back to the city again. Do you think Chip really wanted to live in this city long-term? Lets compare the average Eugenian and then Chip..............enough said.

My problem is with the administration's joke of a coaching search. Yeah I know Chip sold Helfrich to them, but Chip did what any other former boss would do for his underling once he moved on to greener pastures. Helfrich was loyal and so Chip reciprocated. The administration should have still done their due diligence and ran a serious search for a coach that molded closest to Chips ideas and personality.

Helfrich may have Chips ideas, but he isn't detailed enough to execute these ideas. He also lacks the severe "A" type personality needed to be highly successful in this line of work. He can be Belotti "ok", but he isn't the one to continue us to dominance going forward.
  • Options
    Philadelphia is a crime ridden scum hole. Eugene isn't so bad in comparison. Since he comes from the East Coast I'm sure he's glad to be closer to his home. But your statement of lets compare the average Eugenian to Chip was fucktarded, elitist, unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Yes

Philadelphia is a crime ridden scum hole. Eugene isn't so bad in comparison. Since he comes from the East Coast I'm sure he's glad to be closer to his home. But your statement of lets compare the average Eugenian to Chip was fucktarded, elitist, unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic.

Hi there. Chip isn't living in the slum sections of Philly on his salary.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No

The average upper campus Eugenian: Overly sensitive, pc, hates other rich people and feels guilty of themselves for also being rich, loves ties, and doesn't feel the need to keep score.

Chip: doesn't give a shit about feelings just results, isn't pc, looks at many rich people as hard workers, hates ties, and wants to win at everything he does.