Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Arizona Postgame Airing of Grievances

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Does John Madden post here?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

godawgst said:

UA used same mo as Beav/Cal/Texas did last year with great success in shortening game and limiting possessions.

Joe made great point on POD and I was surprised when Wilcox fell behind 14-0 last week he/his OC said screw it we have to score fast and were snapping ball with 20 on play clock.

UA fell behind by 14 and still stuck to their plan and it worked in terms of being within striking distance all game.

We will see this again vs. Beav/Ute and Coug.

Ducks will do it diff. way by running it until we show we can stop it or choke on it.

I’m sure we’ll see it again, but that strategy is now 0-4 against us.
    Yes though we also haven’t played anyone good using this strategy. Mistakes and 100+ yards of penalties against someone worth a damn who’s utilizing this strategy and we might be fucked.
    Whoregon will play their style and not let our style dictate them. U$c will want to get into a shootout. Beav/Ute, Coug… we’ll see.
    Getting in track meet w/ Grubb/Deboer and Penix means you believe your offense can get in 40's to beat us

Using the make UW go check down charlie/run for med. yardage route and limit UW possessions puts them in the low 30's which if I am Beavs/Ducks/WSU/Utah (if Cam is back) I feel good we can get on UW defense.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,338 Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

UA used same mo as Beav/Cal/Texas did last year with great success in shortening game and limiting possessions.

Joe made great point on POD and I was surprised when Wilcox fell behind 14-0 last week he/his OC said screw it we have to score fast and were snapping ball with 20 on play clock.

UA fell behind by 14 and still stuck to their plan and it worked in terms of being within striking distance all game.

Ducks will do it diff. way by running it until we show we can stop it or choke on it.

Yes though we also haven’t played anyone good using this strategy. Mistakes and 100+ yards of penalties against someone worth a damn who’s utilizing this strategy and we might be fucked.
    Whoregon will play their style and not let our style dictate them. U$c will want to get into a shootout. Beav/Ute, Coug… we’ll see.
    Texas was the best team to do it against them and it was a somewhat similar game to the Arizona game we just saw. UW caught some breaks with dropped passes/bad throws in both games. Both games UW also had chances to just make a play or two and break the game open and couldn't. That's been my disappointment against those schemes.
    godawgst said:

Credit to Wilcox and company for trying to just play the fucking game. Was surprised Arizona stuck to that scheme even when they fell behind 14-0.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,826 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW gave Arizona plenty of breaks too
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,923 Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

So you wouldn’t consider Beav or Bevo last year to be good teams? OK!
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,338 Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

Agree yeah those were good (not great) teams that did it and it still didn't work. I don't think any great team is going to go with that strategy - they're gonna try to go big or go home.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,847 Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

I’m just speaking to this year. Same school(s) but not the same team(s) as last year. Graduation, portal, NFL; roster turnover and such.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,923 Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

Agree yeah those were good (not great) teams that did it and it still didn't work. I don't think any great team is going to go with that strategy - they're gonna try to go big or go home.
    I agree to an extent. A team with a great DL could employ that strategy and give us problems, but I’m not sure there’s a great DL in college football this year. There definitely isn’t in the Pac12.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    It was just a stupid fucking game all around and I knew it would be. Playing in the desert always sucks and feels like there it some weird football black magic happening every time UW plays there.

I’m not super concerned as all long as we can clean up penalties and get healthy.
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    edited October 2023
    Did I hear that correctly? Oregon is just three players. It's interesting to hear other perspectives but didn't expect that one.

bisonduck said:

Did I hear that correctly? Oregon is just three players. It's interesting to hear other perspectives but didn't expect that one.

My bad I should have said 2 3/4 since Bo only has one leg
    Were the 2.75 Irving, Franklin and gimpy Nix? I was working and listening.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Yes. I take it you secretly agree with me
    edited October 2023

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

I guess it’s relative. Those are your elite skill players on offense. The defense has dudes and the offense has elite players on the OL and plenty of options that are more than JAGs. Oregon can make a defense pay for keying Irving and Franklin.
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

I guess it’s relative. Those are your elite skill players on offense. The defense has dudes and the offense has elite players on the OL and plenty of options that are more than JAGs. Oregon can make a defense pay for keying Irving and Franklin.
    Portland state should have known better
    edited October 2023

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Don’t know what to say to that. What does it take around here to change the shitty avatar? I just donated.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,773 Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Don’t know what to say to that. What does it take around here to change the shitty avatar? I just donated.
    It's hard.
    It takes a minute.
    It's a process.
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Thanks for hopping on pal!

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

It's hard.
    It takes a minute.
    It's a process.
    I went into edit profile and don’t see it. I have half a brain apparently.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,773 Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

It's hard.
    It takes a minute.
    It's a process.
    I went into edit profile and don’t see it. I have half a brain apparently.
    Switch to "Full Site", then go to Edit Profile.