Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Arizona Postgame Airing of Grievances

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,609 Founders Club
edited October 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
The boys talked immediately after the UW-Arizona game and discussed the numerous issues that plagued this contest. They also cited a handful of silver linings. The show opens with AI Pup attacking former Hardcore Husky poster tierbsHsotBoobs, aka "Sven".

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hardcorehusky/episodes/Arizona-Postgame-Airing-of-Grievances-e2a0mp3

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,616 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hang the banner
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,035 Founders Club
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited October 2023
    Disagree with Arizona is not a team that can throw deep. McMillan is a stud, will be playing on Sunday
    6’5” 215lbs
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,609 Founders Club

Disagree with Arizona is not a team that can throw deep. McMillan is a stud, will be playing on Sunday
    6’5” 215lbs

But you have to have a QB who can get it to him
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Do you think this coaching staff was holding stuff back, over looking Arizona?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,609 Founders Club

Not at all. I don't speak for Joey and Woolley, but as for me, not at all.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,425 Swaye's Wigwam
    Do we have enough players to field a team against Oregon?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,545 Swaye's Wigwam

Who all got hurt?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,826 Swaye's Wigwam
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    Thanks for the pod, pods
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

Who all got hurt?
    Tuli didn't finish the game
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,923 Swaye's Wigwam

Who all got hurt?
    Ale, Tuli, Rome, Westy off the top of my head. Westy and Ale came back in tho
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,083 Founders Club
    Ashley Adamson is only 5’11” . But still.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,847 Swaye's Wigwam

Ashley Adamson is only 5’11” . But still.

I feel like she’d slow ride to a multiple orgasim event.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,338 Swaye's Wigwam

Not at all. I don't speak for Joey and Woolley, but as for me, not at all.
    I was actually excited the first couple drives that I think they were putting stuff on tape for teams like Oregon showing they can also dink and dunk a bit and still be effective. Problem is Arizona's game plan made it so UW had little room for error to get a blowout. Also, made it really hard for Arizona to win the game without getting a bunch of breaks.

Fuck Arizona for playing that way. Their players played hard but their staff was clearly trying to just minimize shit and pray they could keep it close and get breaks. Problem is it sucks to risk injury and shit against a team playing like it's their Super Bowl but also playing to not lose.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    UA used same mo as Beav/Cal/Texas did last year with great success in shortening game and limiting possessions.

Joe made great point on POD and I was surprised when Wilcox fell behind 14-0 last week he/his OC said screw it we have to score fast and were snapping ball with 20 on play clock.

UA fell behind by 14 and still stuck to their plan and it worked in terms of being within striking distance all game.

We will see this again vs. Beav/Ute and Coug.

Ducks will do it diff. way by running it until we show we can stop it or choke on it.

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,923 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

UA used same mo as Beav/Cal/Texas did last year with great success in shortening game and limiting possessions.

Joe made great point on POD and I was surprised when Wilcox fell behind 14-0 last week he/his OC said screw it we have to score fast and were snapping ball with 20 on play clock.

UA fell behind by 14 and still stuck to their plan and it worked in terms of being within striking distance all game.

Ducks will do it diff. way by running it until we show we can stop it or choke on it.

I’m sure we’ll see it again, but that strategy is now 0-4 against us.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club
    godawgst said:

It works if your defense is built to do it and it is your general scheme. It’s not Oregons scheme. Believe it or not the Ducks are likely a better matchup for the Huskies than Arizona was
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,847 Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

I’m sure we’ll see it again, but that strategy is now 0-4 against us.
    Yes though we also haven’t played anyone good using this strategy. Mistakes and 100+ yards of penalties against someone worth a damn who’s utilizing this strategy and we might be fucked.
    Whoregon will play their style and not let our style dictate them. U$c will want to get into a shootout. Beav/Ute, Coug… we’ll see.