Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sunday Article: Would 8-5 record be cause for concern?

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2014

TheGlove said:

Can't believe these demanding, uneducated and clueless fans of the new college football "win now" generation. Watch a decade or so of college football, understand the game then come pop off about realistic expectation.

We frequently refer to these people as "Doogs."

HTH
    The irony is that the delusional Duck fans that expect 12-1 every season call those who wouldn't freak out over an 8-5 season "Quooks." It's the Dawgman verson of a 'doog,' and I find it hilarious when these same clowns call the more realistic Duck fans "Quooks." It's idiotic.

With new digs, Nike backing, a Heisman contender at QB and the press sucking green and yellow schlong every year, you're a fucking Quook if you wouldn't freak out over an 8-5 season. That would be the end of Oregon football in this era. And ample reason to fire Helfrich. HTH.
    Who would you hire?

The top coaches already have great gigs. There is no sure fire home run like Meyer to OSU, Saban to Alabama or Petersen to UW. Plus it would be the first time Oregon went outside the program in decades. Top schools make shitty hires all the time. Look at USC, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, UW, Miami, UCLA, Texas.

You guys are fucked, you just haven't realized it yet. Justin Wilcox or Tim DeRuyter will be your coach in 3-4 years.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2014

TheGlove said:

Can't believe these demanding, uneducated and clueless fans of the new college football "win now" generation. Watch a decade or so of college football, understand the game then come pop off about realistic expectation.

HTH
    The irony is that the delusional Duck fans that expect 12-1 every season call those who wouldn't freak out over an 8-5 season "Quooks." It's the Dawgman verson of a 'doog,' and I find it hilarious when these same clowns call the more realistic Duck fans "Quooks." It's idiotic.

With new digs, Nike backing, a Heisman contender at QB and the press sucking green and yellow schlong every year, you're a fucking Quook if you wouldn't freak out over an 8-5 season. That would be the end of Oregon football in this era. And ample reason to fire Helfrich. HTH.
    Who would you hire?

The top coaches already have great gigs. There is no sure fire home run like Meyer to OSU, Saban to Alabama or Petersen to UW. Plus it would be the first time Oregon went outside the program in decades. Top schools make shitty hires all the time. Look at USC, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, UW, Miami, UCLA, Texas.

You guys are fucked, you just haven't realized it yet. Justin Wilcox or Tim DeRuyter will be your coach in 3-4 years.
    Dantonio would be great if he were available. I would have supported hiring Petersen too. But you can't compare him to Meyer and Saban, calling him a sure fire home run. That remains to be seen.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    it is the big time for Petersen. No one knows how he will do. We'll have to wait. Also he will have to undo the Sarkisian influence on this team. Ugh.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

TheGlove said:

HTH

Who would you hire?

Dantonio would be great if he were available. I would have supported hiring Petersen too. But you can't compare him to Meyer and Saban, calling him a sure fire home run. That remains to be seen.
    Too bad he wasn't interested. Wanted to go somewhere with tradition, he's now at the right place at the right time, the stars are aligned. Things will be back to where they were...sooner than later my quook friend
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Been saying fans should prepare for 8-5 from the beginning, and everyone gets pms pain and says "no way". Guys from dawgman saying 10-11 wins. Sure could happen and likely will imho. But if it doesn't people better not blame Pete. He can't polish the turd Sark left him.

I've been bitching consistently over Sark's handling of the backup QB situation for 3 years (got me banned over there). Well, look at the qb situation now. Petersen ccan't wave his magic cockwand and create a 2 deep Oline. Sark was here 5 years and has one boner-fide LT on the roster, again not Pete's fault. Not Pete's fault we won't be able to stop the run when Shelton gets a breather or god forbid hurt. Not Pete's fault we have a walk on TE starting at DT (with no backup).

Pete gets 3-5 years to build a winner, Just like every head coach not in the SEC. I guarantee Pete will be in a rose bowl by or up to and through year 5. Cook that shit bitches. Oh, Sark would never have got us to a rose bowl.

fucking idiot
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2014

TheGlove said:

HTH

Who would you hire?

Too bad he wasn't interested. Wanted to go somewhere with tradition, he's now at the right place at the right time, the stars are aligned. Things will be back to where they were...sooner than later my quook friend
    That's a questionable reading of events. Oregon did not look outside the box of its own program when looking for coaches, so I doubt he was even approached, my doog friend. As far as tradition is concerned....blah blah blah.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Fenwick said:

it is the big time for Petersen. No one knows how he will do. We'll have to wait. Also he will have to undo the Sarkisian influence on this team. Ugh.

It was a 9-4 team last year and top 13 in Sagarin & SRS. Nothing has to be un-done, it's more about getting them to compete at the next level. The Sarkisian "influence" = the holes at punter and safety and then OL next year.

Sure fire home run...overzealous for sure. Sure winner is probably more apt. No way will UW be anything worse than top 20 under Petersen.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

TheGlove said:

HTH

Who would you hire?

Doog post o' the week!
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    Good to see the excuses taking place with Peterson in place. If he doesnt win this year blame it on Sark hell he has a pass for 4 years till he gets all the OKG low three stars in he wants!
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Been saying fans should prepare for 8-5 from the beginning, and everyone gets pms pain and says "no way". Guys from dawgman saying 10-11 wins. Sure could happen and likely will imho. But if it doesn't people better not blame Pete. He can't polish the turd Sark left him.

I've been bitching consistently over Sark's handling of the backup QB situation for 3 years (got me banned over there). Well, look at the qb situation now. Petersen ccan't wave his magic cockwand and create a 2 deep Oline. Sark was here 5 years and has one boner-fide LT on the roster, again not Pete's fault. Not Pete's fault we won't be able to stop the run when Shelton gets a breather or god forbid hurt. Not Pete's fault we have a walk on TE starting at DT (with no backup).

Pete gets 3-5 years to build a winner, Just like every head coach not in the SEC. I guarantee Pete will be in a rose bowl by or up to and through year 5. Cook that shit bitches. Oh, Sark would never have got us to a rose bowl.

fucking idiot
    Truth hurts don't it bitch
  • Options

dhdawg said:

8-5 would be 4-5 in conference. fuck that.
    I don't give a shit who we're starting at qb either. 10 wins overall should be the minimum expectation, especially with the experience we have on both lines

10-win "Minimum expectation"? Let me guess you are under 25 years old? You realize we are talking football not Romarball? Since when has a new coach had a 10-win "minimum expectation"? Maybe Saban at Bammer when he 1st took over? That'd be about it dumbster, and he would have even gotten a pass.

You know who the qb is (with numbers to back it up)? The running back (with #'s to back it up)? Who is going to pick up #8 8 ' s production, most important in the redzone? What happens if Shelton goes down? Peters? Who's going to play safety? Who's going to clean up all of Nez Johnny ' s missed tackles, Feeney's boneheaded plays, Shaq ' s overpursuits? Think about shit before you spew expectations
    PLSS in 2013: Sark will win the North.

PLSS in 2014: Pete will be lucky to be 8-5.

Both examples: PLSSFS not taking his meds or just shoving his meds up his discipline hole. Either way, it's interesting.
    Hey dumbass, I said we shouldn't expect more than 8-5 and that I thought we'd win 10. Don't let facts hit you in the giner. Fucking toyd!
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

Fucking boof puppy

Ok how's this u sappy beaatch. We're going to go 13-0 then win the national title with a new head coach, no real experience @ QB, no proven running back, no proven TE, no depth on the dline and a new secondary. Make you feel better homer? Fuck o dear!
    Miles played a lot last year for a backup. He played the entire game at OSU, half at UCLA, 1 quarter + against BYU plus garbage time in earlier games. He's ready. The DL will have good depth thanks to Hudson, Qualls, Mathis, Farria who will spell Shelton, Kikaha, Hudson and Littleton.
  • Options
    You fuckstinks are bigger doogs than the doogs at doogman. Makes sense, most of you are f o r mer doogs from doogman. Sign out, watch a little college football , then sign back in when u r prepared to question thee Lord himself (PLSS)
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

You fuckstinks are bigger doogs than the doogs at doogman. Makes sense, most of you are f o r mer doogs from doogman. Sign out, watch a little college football , then sign back in when u r prepared to question thee Lord himself (PLSS)

Judges?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Fucking boof puppy

Ok how's this u sappy beaatch. We're going to go 15-0 then win the national title over the overrated Crimson Tide who don't really play anyone and had all their titles handed to them in the past with a new head coach, no real experience @ QB, no proven running back, no proven TE, no depth on the dline and a new secondary. Make you feel better homer? Fuck o dear!
    Fixed that for you
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

8-5 would be 4-5 in conference. fuck that.
    I don't give a shit who we're starting at qb either. 10 wins overall should be the minimum expectation, especially with the experience we have on both lines

10-win "Minimum expectation"? Let me guess you are under 25 years old? You realize we are talking football not Romarball? Since when has a new coach had a 10-win "minimum expectation"? Maybe Saban at Bammer when he 1st took over? That'd be about it dumbster, and he would have even gotten a pass.

You know who the qb is (with numbers to back it up)? The running back (with #'s to back it up)? Who is going to pick up #8 8 ' s production, most important in the redzone? What happens if Shelton goes down? Peters? Who's going to play safety? Who's going to clean up all of Nez Johnny ' s missed tackles, Feeney's boneheaded plays, Shaq ' s overpursuits? Think about shit before you spew expectations
    PLSS in 2013: Sark will win the North.

PLSS in 2014: Pete will be lucky to be 8-5.

Both examples: PLSSFS not taking his meds or just shoving his meds up his discipline hole. Either way, it's interesting.
    Hey dumbass, I said we shouldn't expect more than 8-5 and that I thought we'd win 10. Don't let facts hit you in the giner. Fucking toyd!
    So how exactly shouldn't we expect more than 8-5 yet you think we'll get 10? 'Splain that one to me after you pull your head out your discipline hole and you those facts out your sandy giner.

Fucking boof timer.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Doog of the day.