Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sunday Article: Would 8-5 record be cause for concern?

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited July 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Fair question but this team is not going 8-5. If Miles is better than Price and the play at safety is above average they will be 11-2.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    " Holy s#*@ are you freaking kidding me. You are sounding like the out of touch duck fanbase. With the parity in recruiting and the rise in level of competition Anything can happen. 12-1 is as possible as 7-6. Please stop trying to get interest in your website by making crap like this up. After 3 yrs then sure but he hasn't coached a game for UW yet so give it a freaking rest."

Doogs are still alive and kicking.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fair question but this team is not going 8-5. If Miles is better than Price and the play at safety is above average they will be 11-2.

Agree. If Miles takes time to learn the system or whatever, 10-3, and if a whole series of bullshit (injuries, blah blah blah) happens 9-4. 8-5 with this schedule would be what Sark would do. Fuck that.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    10-3

... Or what Boobs said.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,008
    Founders Club
    edited July 2014
    TTJ said:

The fuck is "understandable" about losing in Tucson? If we don't blow Vanilla Vick and co. utterly off the field, I will be there to personally punt Pete in the discipline hole.

Then I guess we'll see you on the front page of the next day's Seattle Times in handcuffs.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    More likely, you'll see me with a PBR and a sunburn celebrating another Husky win.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Aug 30 at Hawai'i (Understandable)

Sep 06 Eastern Washington (Understandable)

Sep 13 Illinois (Understandable)

Sep 20 Georgia State (Understandable)

Sep 27 Stanford (Understandable)

Oct 11 at California (Understandable)

Oct 18 at Oregon <<--- (N O T U n d e r s t a n d a b l e )</B>

Oct 25 Arizona State (Understandable)

Nov 01 at Colorado (Understandable)

Nov 08 UCLA (Understandable)

Nov 15 at Arizona (Understandable)

Nov 22 Oregon State (Understandable)

Nov 29 at Washington State (Understandable)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Sark showed the path to 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4

My minimum expectation is 6 ... as in 6 conference wins.

So yes, 10+ is the minimum expectation for the season.

I have the o/u at 10.5. I love that Vegas has the line currently at 9.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    TTJ said:

The fuck is "understandable" about losing in Tucson? If we don't blow Vanilla Vick and co. utterly off the field, I will be there to personally punt Pete in the discipline hole.

Arizona was 26 and 22 the last two seasons according to SRS. Rich Rod didn't exactly inherit a lot (he didn't have nothing) but he's done a solid job so far. They lose 4 starters on offense and 5 on defense. They have some good incoming talent and guys who were injured or had to sit out last year. They do need to find a QB and someone to replace Carey. It may be a year before Rich Rod has a real breakout campaign. With a new QB and no Carey, our D should be able to control the game. But Rich Rod is a very good coach and Arizona will be tough at home.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

TTJ said:

Then I guess we'll see you on the front page of the next day's Seattle Times in handcuffs.
    The Times better snap the photo quick, when people like TTJ get arrested they get sent straight to Guantanimo.

And then traded back to Al Qaida for deserters. 'Mericuh!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

TTJ said:

Arizona was 26 and 22 the last two seasons according to SRS. Rich Rod didn't exactly inherit a lot (he didn't have nothing) but he's done a solid job so far. They lose 4 starters on offense and 5 on defense. They have some good incoming talent and guys who were injured or had to sit out last year. They do need to find a QB and someone to replace Carey. It may be a year before Rich Rod has a real breakout campaign. With a new QB and no Carey, our D should be able to control the game. But Rich Rod is a very good coach and Arizona will be tough at home.
    I know what I saw last year. Fuck your metrics.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

Arizona beat Oregon last year. Nothing else matters.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

Arizona beat Oregon last year. Nothing else matters.
    They also lost at home to Wazzu.