Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sunday Article: Would 8-5 record be cause for concern?

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,994
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

The fuck is "understandable" about losing in Tucson? If we don't blow Vanilla Vick and co. utterly off the field, I will be there to personally punt Pete in the discipline hole.

Arizona was 26 and 22 the last two seasons according to SRS. Rich Rod didn't exactly inherit a lot (he didn't have nothing) but he's done a solid job so far. They lose 4 starters on offense and 5 on defense. They have some good incoming talent and guys who were injured or had to sit out last year. They do need to find a QB and someone to replace Carey. It may be a year before Rich Rod has a real breakout campaign. With a new QB and no Carey, our D should be able to control the game. But Rich Rod is a very good coach and Arizona will be tough at home.
    I know what I saw last year. Fuck your metrics.
    Arizona beat Oregon last year. Nothing else matters.
    They also lost at home to Wazzu.
    So did USC.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

The fuck is "understandable" about losing in Tucson? If we don't blow Vanilla Vick and co. utterly off the field, I will be there to personally punt Pete in the discipline hole.

Arizona was 26 and 22 the last two seasons according to SRS. Rich Rod didn't exactly inherit a lot (he didn't have nothing) but he's done a solid job so far. They lose 4 starters on offense and 5 on defense. They have some good incoming talent and guys who were injured or had to sit out last year. They do need to find a QB and someone to replace Carey. It may be a year before Rich Rod has a real breakout campaign. With a new QB and no Carey, our D should be able to control the game. But Rich Rod is a very good coach and Arizona will be tough at home.
    What part of nothing else matters did you fail to understand?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing he needs to get his own guys in there.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

We weren't that far from losing to WSU at home.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

In hindsight. Two stupid posts in a row from me in this thread.

In summary, I still don't think Arizona or Rich Rod are anything special. I guess I should have just said that instead.

P.S. I hate how much more muscular you are than me.
  • Options
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

The post-game relieved look on Sark's face said it all... I'm going to fucking USC!!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    8-5 would likely mean a 4-5 Pac-12 record which would put us back at 2009. Horrible but I really don't see that happening and especially with Peterson having 4 lay-ups to work on things before starting Pac-12 play.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Not enough free pub.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TTJ said:

I lol'd
  • Options
    Founders Club

Not enough free pub.

Patience my friend, I went another path in the 11th hour.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

" Holy s#*@ are you freaking kidding me. You are sounding like the out of touch duck fanbase. With the parity in recruiting and the rise in level of competition Anything can happen. 12-1 is as possible as 7-6. Please stop trying to get interest in your website by making crap like this up. After 3 yrs then sure but he hasn't coached a game for UW yet so give it a freaking rest."

Doogs are still alive and kicking.

And poasting on Facebook.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2014
    Been saying fans should prepare for 8-5 from the beginning, and everyone gets pms pain and says "no way". Guys from dawgman saying 10-11 wins. Sure could happen and likely will imho. But if it doesn't people better not blame Pete. He can't polish the turd Sark left him.

I've been bitching consistently over Sark's handling of the backup QB situation for 3 years (got me banned over there). Well, look at the qb situation now. Petersen ccan't wave his magic cockwand and create a 2 deep Oline. Sark was here 5 years and has one boner-fide LT on the roster, again not Pete's fault. Not Pete's fault we won't be able to stop the run when Shelton gets a breather or god forbid hurt. Not Pete's fault we have a walk on TE starting at DT (with no backup).

Pete gets 3-5 years to build a winner, Just like every head coach not in the SEC. I guarantee Pete will be in a rose bowl by or up to and through year 5. Cook that shit bitches. Oh, Sark would never have got us to a rose bowl.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    8-5 would be 4-5 in conference. fuck that.
    I don't give a shit who we're starting at qb either. 10 wins overall should be the minimum expectation, especially with the experience we have on both lines
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

8-5 would be 4-5 in conference. fuck that.
    I don't give a shit who we're starting at qb either. 10 wins overall should be the minimum expectation, especially with the experience we have on both lines

10-win "Minimum expectation"? Let me guess you are under 25 years old? You realize we are talking football not Romarball? Since when has a new coach had a 10-win "minimum expectation"? Maybe Saban at Bammer when he 1st took over? That'd be about it dumbster, and he would have even gotten a pass.

Can't believe these demanding, uneducated and clueless fans of the new college football "win now" generation. Watch a decade or so of college football, understand the game then come pop off about realistic expectation.

You know who the qb is (with numbers to back it up)? The running back (with #'s to back it up)? Who is going to pick up #8 8 ' s production, most important in the redzone? What happens if Shelton goes down? Peters? Who's going to play safety? Who's going to clean up all of Nez Johnny ' s missed tackles, Feeney's boneheaded plays, Shaq ' s overpursuits? Think about shit before you spew expectations
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking boof puppy
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Can't believe these demanding, uneducated and clueless fans of the new college football "win now" generation. Watch a decade or so of college football, understand the game then come pop off about realistic expectation.

We frequently refer to these people as "Doogs."

HTH
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

The post-game relieved look on Sark's face said it all... I'm going to fucking USC!!
    Its too bad we didn't know that the last two wins secured Sark's future and our significant upgrade at head coach. We would have been woofing it up big time.
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    TheGlove said:

HTH
    The irony is that the delusional Duck fans that expect 12-1 every season call those who wouldn't freak out over an 8-5 season "Quooks." It's the Dawgman verson of a 'doog,' and I find it hilarious when these same clowns call the more realistic Duck fans "Quooks." It's idiotic.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2014

TheGlove said:

HTH
    The irony is that the delusional Duck fans that expect 12-1 every season call those who wouldn't freak out over an 8-5 season "Quooks." It's the Dawgman verson of a 'doog,' and I find it hilarious when these same clowns call the more realistic Duck fans "Quooks." It's idiotic.

With new digs, Nike backing, a Heisman contender at QB and the press sucking green and yellow schlong every year, you're a fucking Quook if you wouldn't freak out over an 8-5 season. That would be the end of Oregon football in this era. And ample reason to fire Helfrich. HTH.