Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PFF is a joke

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
Except when it occasionally confirms my priors it's brilliant.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited September 2023
    PFF and Joel klat need to get off our? Nuts
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

PFF is one of the ultimate things in which fans call it legit if they like the results and it's dumb if they don't. I feel like their offensive line ratings are the most fucked out.

Their grading system for OL could never account for the Leach offense, other than that it's ok.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam

Astrology for dudes -- @PostGameOrangeSlices

All signs pointing to hanging the banner
  • TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 545
    Prove it. 10/14/23 Home and 11/4/23 Away.

I keep my Dooging deep down inside to the lowest I can.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,236 Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't have a screenshot but saw a PFF rating the KamFab is the highest-rated safety in the Pac.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club

Don't have a screenshot but saw a PFF rating the @PurpleBaze is the highest-rated Malarkey in the Pac.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam

Don't have a screenshot but saw a PFF rating the KamFab is the highest-rated safety in the Pac.

Flawed.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Guys get better the longer they're in the program? Nice to have an adult in charge.

The entire defense looks fundamentally better than last year.

People are in position, know their assignments, and take better angles, etc.

An extra year in a new scheme can make a big difference to things like coverage handoffs.
    Having a legit CB1 makes everyone else better too.

Jabbar still doesn't get enough love for what he brings to the table IMO.
    They rarely throw his way so he doesn't show up on the TV very often.

All of the DBs are two steps quicker this year for whatever reason. Last season they were too slow to make a hard or even solid hit or get a hand on the ball and they're doing both of those things regularly.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Guys get better the longer they're in the program? Nice to have an adult in charge.

An extra year in a new scheme can make a big difference to things like coverage handoffs.

All of the DBs are two steps quicker this year for whatever reason. Last season they were too slow to make a hard or even solid hit or get a hand on the ball and they're doing both of those things regularly.
    Knowing your position assignments will do that.

Also @dnc agree, you can pretty much apply that to everyone on D as well, each groups success contributes to the success of the others and makes them look better.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,236 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023

chuck said:

dnc said:

Knowing your position assignments will do that.

Also @dnc agree, you can pretty much apply that to everyone on D as well, each groups success contributes to the success of the others and makes them look better.
    Love what I've seen from Jabbar so far. I'm still only cautiously optimistic though. Still need to see him against better passing attacks.

Cal got me worried too. If they letter better QBs with better WRs get out of the pocket that much and throw downfield it's going to be a problem. They got bailed out by Cal's young and not that good QB throwing bad picks. The rapist, Nix, Williams, Ward and even Cam Rising are gonna eat against that if they can't either get home for a sack or contain.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,335 Swaye's Wigwam
    Think about where the defence was this time last year. Then it continued to get better through the season. If that happens this year it could be quite stout (ILTSS) going into the tough stretch at the end of the regular season.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said: