Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PFF is a joke

2»

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

Guys get better the longer they're in the program? Nice to have an adult in charge.

The entire defense looks fundamentally better than last year.

People are in position, know their assignments, and take better angles, etc.

An extra year in a new scheme can make a big difference to things like coverage handoffs.
    Having a legit CB1 makes everyone else better too.

Jabbar still doesn't get enough love for what he brings to the table IMO.
    They rarely throw his way so he doesn't show up on the TV very often.

All of the DBs are two steps quicker this year for whatever reason. Last season they were too slow to make a hard or even solid hit or get a hand on the ball and they're doing both of those things regularly.
    Knowing your position assignments will do that.

Also @dnc agree, you can pretty much apply that to everyone on D as well, each groups success contributes to the success of the others and makes them look better.
    Love what I've seen from Jabbar so far. I'm still only cautiously optimistic though. Still need to see him against better passing attacks.

Cal got me worried too. If they letter better QBs with better WRs get out of the pocket that much and throw downfield it's going to be a problem. They got bailed out by Cal's young and not that good QB throwing bad picks. The rapist, Nix, Williams, Ward and even Cam Rising are gonna eat against that if they can't either get home for a sack or contain.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=cFdS7SaaYu4
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,543 Founders Club

Guys get better the longer they're in the program? Nice to have an adult in charge.

TITTT