Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#MyPenix still underexposed

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam
    Whos printing the UW - Game 4 National Champs shirts?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam
    Im loving this season, but this team has a ways to go to surpass 2016.

They have the pieces to do so but lets not crown their ass yet.

That said, this is YEAR TWO of Deboner and we need to lock this guy up
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    penix is a riser
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,514 Founders Club

dnc said:

Where does this team rank in Defensive stats

Better than you'd think and maybe not for the reasons you'd think.

From Fornelli's article.

Defensively, this team has yet to allow an opponent to score 20. It doesn't have the elite talent of a team like Georgia, nor has it been spectacular statistically, but it's been plenty good enough, and the best weapon it might have is Penix.

Teams are so terrified of what Penix and the Huskies' offense can do against them that it feels as if their only goal on offense is to keep the Washington offense off the field as long as possible, whether it means scoring points or not. And they should be terrified.
    According to this site, we're in the mid 30s on most defensive measures compared to mid 110s last year: https://gameonpaper.com/cfb/year/2023/team/264
    Mid 30s can get us near, or possibly in the playoff

I saw too many faults to consider us a legitimate n.c. contender, but DeBoer actually improves the team throughout the year so who knows

Penix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Browning

2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2016

This is getting awfully Eason beating EWU for me...

Funny, Cal is coming up too

LIPO and Ill crown their ass if we win the conference

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    EwaDawg said:

deBoner >>>>> Peterman

We all know the real season starts after the BYU week. Thats when we start to figure out what we have.

Yes, I know. We always lose to Cal and it 'zona in the desert, but still. . . . . .
    Pete took UW to the Final 4 with a dominant defense and offense that put up 70 on the Ducks. LIPO
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the best UW team of my kindergartners lifetim
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    vadawg said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

A lot of dooging going on……can’t wait for this board drop an egg

Or you could enjoy our most talented and best coached team since the early 90s.

Your call.
    This team is not at that level. Fun to watch but not even close. No way this team goes undefeated….unfortunately. Take screen shots mother fuckers.
    Probably won’t go undefeated. The schedule is much thicker than 1991. But if Penix can stay healthy the NC is in play.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,107
    edited September 2023
    dnc said:

vadawg said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

A lot of dooging going on……can’t wait for this board drop an egg

Or you could enjoy our most talented and best coached team since the early 90s.

Your call.
    This team is not at that level. Fun to watch but not even close. No way this team goes undefeated….unfortunately. Take screen shots mother fuckers.
    Probably won’t go undefeated. The schedule is much thicker than 1991. But if Penix can stay healthy the NC is in play.
    We have a thick Penix
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s all about girth.

This is getting awfully Eason beating EWU for me...

Funny, Cal is coming up too

LIPO and Ill crown their ass if we win the conference

Penix is in his second year and has 5 of the top 10 all time passing games in school history

Some of you people are fucking retarded

The Huskies shriveled up against USC and Bama like little bitches on offense

Fuck defense. Didn't help Bama beat Clemson that year did it

This qb and team are far better
    The DAWGS need to win the conference and win a meaningful bowl game to surpass a #4 finish

It is what it is.

Cant crown them...yet. Take care of business
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,731
    i still havent recovered from whatever year of pete it was that i watched the most boring offensive football product ive ever seen.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,544 Founders Club
    Defense is nowhere near 2016 levels.

I think the talent across the board is greater on 2016.

Can Penix and the motivated fat Boner make up the difference?

Stay tuned.