Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#MyPenix still underexposed

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,335 Swaye's Wigwam

Deshaun Watson beat 2016 Bama

What good was the Huskies defense holding Bama to 17 when Browning gave them 7 more and only scored 7?

Pete then thought he had a great defense for three more years and lost every big game he played

Sounds like you're saying Bama's defense won the day
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,236

The Pac 12 is as good as it's been in 15 or 20 years. I'd calm down on the playoff talk until November.

yeah it's a fucking death gauntlet this year. not too many gimme games besides the Arizona schools and the Tree.

will be surprised if anyone can get through it undefeated.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Deshaun Watson beat 2016 Bama

What good was the Huskies defense holding Bama to 17 when Browning gave them 7 more and only scored 7?

Pete then thought he had a great defense for three more years and lost every big game he played

Sounds like you're saying Bama's defense won the day
    No they lost to Clemson

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

A lot of dooging going on……can’t wait for this board drop an egg

Or you could enjoy our most talented and best coached team since the early 90s.

Your call.
    Abundance
    The schadenfreude of watching this place burn itself to the ground after a loss is the only thing that helps me manage my own desire to drink bleach when it inevitably happens.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Doogles said:

Defense is nowhere near 2016 levels.

I think the talent across the board is greater on 2016.

Can Penix and the motivated fat Boner make up the difference?

Stay tuned.

QB and WR's are better this year. WR is much deeper beyond the top-2 guys. IMO, all three starters this year are better than Pettis. QB is light years better.
    OL is better too. Penix got hit a little bit last week but he has all day to throw very often.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,334 Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

A lot of dooging going on……can’t wait for this board drop an egg

Or you could enjoy our most talented and best coached team since the early 90s.

Your call.
    Hang the banner!
    Wildly enough our? next opponent was Cal who we? beat by 7.
    Walter Bailey isn't leaping through that door anytime soon
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    whlinder said:

Considering no injuries for each team, I think 2016 was more talented top to bottom (2023 slightly better WRs, slightly better Oline, and, well, QB) but the level of difference in QB play gives 2023 the edge.

I'll take 2023 at EDGE also even with a healthy Mathis but I agree here. I might take 2023's TE's too though that's a really strong group on both teams.

2016's big advantage besides defense was in the return game.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

If Deboer and Grubb were coaching the '16 team I might take that roster over '23, but probably would just rather have Penix. With the Petersen offense, not a chance I would take '16.

*sigh put Penix on the 2016 team throwing to Ross and Pettis...
    I honestly don’t think I would take Ross and Pettis over Rome, Polk, and Jalen.
    Nope, Ross is the best individually but 2023 is better at WR2, WR3, WR4, WR5, etc. Ross and Pettis were both small and got bullied by Bama, this receiving core would not get pushed around by that secondary.

Penix throwing bombs to Ross would have been unfair though.
    Listen, you are all getting hung up on 2016 wr vs. 2023 wr.

I just want to see the 2016 team without a noodle armed giraffe losing 20yds on a scramble play.

Plus Penix throwing 60yd dimes to Ross would have been NFL level vs. College DB's. Would have been Culpepper to Moss levels of unfair.

https://youtu.be/FTuNjsvPe4c?si=55mFZUdA2XCWNTos