Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#MyPenix still underexposed

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

Forget about Haener and Morris what would DeBoer have done with Eason?

I don't think Skinny would be hated like he is here

Skinny was right to LEAVE!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

He might have been 1st or 2nd rounder. Anyway Pete was lil bitch that did not allow for true competition. Glad he gone
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

If Deboer and Grubb were coaching the '16 team I might take that roster over '23, but probably would just rather have Penix. With the Petersen offense, not a chance I would take '16.

*sigh put Penix on the 2016 team throwing to Ross and Pettis...
    These guys are better. Pettis is the most overrated WR in Washton history. Elite punt returner though.
    edited September 2023
    dnc said:

If Deboer and Grubb were coaching the '16 team I might take that roster over '23, but probably would just rather have Penix. With the Petersen offense, not a chance I would take '16.

I honestly don’t think I would take Ross and Pettis over Rome, Polk, and Jalen.
    Nope, Ross is the best individually but 2023 is better at WR2, WR3, WR4, WR5, etc. Ross and Pettis were both small and got bullied by Bama, this receiving core would not get pushed around by that secondary.

Penix throwing bombs to Ross would have been unfair though.
    I love JR3 but I'll take Rome's size/speed/physicality/RR/high point combo over JR3 anyday. More complete player and will have great longevity in the NFL.

He would be starting somewhere in the NFL too right now.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Nope, Ross is the best individually but 2023 is better at WR2, WR3, WR4, WR5, etc. Ross and Pettis were both small and got bullied by Bama, this receiving core would not get pushed around by that secondary.

I love JR3 but I'll take Rome's size/speed/physicality/RR/high point combo over JR3 anyday. More complete player and will have great longevity in the NFL.
    W/respect
    dnc said:

dnc said:

W/respect
    Of course
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

These guys are better. Pettis is the most overrated WR in Washton history. Elite punt returner though.
    Quit plagiarism my shit.

Quit plagiarism my shit.
    I don't really like Dante Pettis. I thought he was soft outside the punt returns of course.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think Skinny would be forgotten like he is here

Crisped.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    whlinder said:

I don't deal in hypotheticals.

just kidding. My view is Skinny had the arm but doesn't have the brain. The NFL is about making the right throw first and having the ability to make all the throws second. If Skinny could make the right throw he'd be starting by now or would be more than a hopping around the league third-stringer or practice squad player.

I believe DeBoner's offense has the same philosophy where you need a real coach on the field that you'd want your daughter to date. Eason never was that and so now we have to assume DeBoner would have coached him up to that level, which 5 NFL teams have failed to do.

I do believe DeBoner is a bit of a QB whisperer and NFL teams are quite dumb, but this is not a sure thing.
    THIS
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I don't deal in hypotheticals.

just kidding. My view is Skinny had the arm but doesn't have the brain. The NFL is about making the right throw first and having the ability to make all the throws second. If Skinny could make the right throw he'd be starting by now or would be more than a hopping around the league third-stringer or practice squad player.

I believe DeBoner's offense has the same philosophy where you need a real coach on the field that you'd want your daughter to date. Eason never was that and so now we have to assume DeBoner would have coached him up to that level, which 5 NFL teams have failed to do.

I do believe DeBoner is a bit of a QB whisperer and NFL teams are quite dumb, but this is not a sure thing.
    *We? don't deal in sure things around here. All about the speculation and hypotheticals.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah there are a lot of dumb QBs who did OK in college but unraveled at the next level.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited September 2023
    Haven’t read EVERYTHING here on this thread, however I’ve read enough to know this is this “are WE? Good enough?…type deal, with Penis, et al…been a lot of talk about the POS, my bad, PAC 12 Championship…and even pushing soooooooo far as a CFP appearance…way the Fuk out there…this thread. Here it is..awesome…

I’ll be honest, this year is a good year for WA to take advantage and win this shit. WA last two years would not beat GA. Too much D(y’all file that where you want to)…

This is a great year to take advantage of not so
    Many teams, esp from my guysms in the SEC to beat a good team. Now, don’t twist, beat…not dominate. PAC seems skrong this year and I’m
    Touting them and my DAWGS(from WA…i know, I know, you CAN NOT pull for multiple teams…BS. WA is my WEST DAWGs and I wil pull for them all day, everyday…don’t tell
    Me I can’t pull for USM Golden Eagles caus they suck but beat a team last year(Tulane) that beat USC in a Rose Bowel Game…from where? Good ol Hattiesburg, MS..

Ehhh, y’all get the drift.. DAWG fan. MS ST DAWG, GA DAWG, WA DAWG…I’m pulling for my WA Dawg this weekend. And through the season…that mean I can’t pull for MS ST DAWG or GA DAWG? Absolutely not. I’d hope. I pull for y’all. I do. My WA DAWG. No diff than my Ga DAwg. Now quit hating, hammerheads…

I’m gone be huge on the webs when y’all play USC. GottA win that game. I’m counting on y’all. I’m also counting on MIsS to beat Bama this weekend and caus a huge debacle I’m the west.

However, this is the year for WA. They are really good (and I’ve said and supported this) and there ain’t. Dominant team. It’s not like GA won’t let them score more than 10 points in the NC game.

It’s wide open. Counting on WA or GA to win it all. Y’all just beat USC and we go from there. ..

Absolutely DO NOT let OU beat y’all…
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

Haven’t read EVERYTHING here on this thread, however I’ve read enough to know this is this “are WE? Good enough?…type deal, with Penis, et al…been a lot of talk about the POS, my bad, PAC 12 Championship…and even pushing soooooooo far as a CFP appearance…way the Fuk out there…this thread. Here it is..awesome…

I’ll be honest, this year is a good year for WA to take advantage and win this shit. WA last two years would not beat GA. Too much D(y’all file that where you want to)…

Many teams, esp from my guysms in the SEC to beat a good team. Now, don’t twist, beat…not dominate. PAC seems skrong this year and I’m
    Touting them and my DAWGS(from WA…i know, I know, you CAN NOT pull for multiple teams…BS. WA is my WEST DAWGs and I wil pull for them all day, everyday…don’t tell
    Me I can’t pull for USM Golden Eagles caus they suck but beat a team last year(Tulane) that beat USC in a Rose Bowel Game…from where? Good ol Hattiesburg, MS..

Ehhh, y’all get the drift.. DAWG fan. MS ST DAWG, GA DAWG, WA DAWG…I’m pulling for my WA Dawg this weekend. And through the season…that mean I can’t pull for MS ST DAWG or GA DAWG? Absolutely not. I’d hope. I pull for y’all. I do. My WA DAWG. No diff than my Ga DAwg. Now quit hating, hammerheads…

I’m gone be huge on the webs when y’all play USC. GottA win that game. I’m counting on y’all. I’m also counting on MIsS to beat Bama this weekend and caus a huge debacle I’m the west.

However, this is the year for WA. They are really good (and I’ve said and supported this) and there ain’t. Dominant team. It’s not like GA won’t let them score more than 10 points in the NC game.

It’s wide open. Counting on WA or GA to win it all. Y’all just beat USC and we go from there. ..

El oh el
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

SECDAWG said:

El oh el
    Glad you at least read…

Have a Critique? A bitch?