Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I’m just pissed

StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 491
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
Founders Club
So not to be a homer or anything, but seriously, how the fuck did the PAC 12 implode? I always took great pride that my institution, one of the true drivers of innovation and change in the world, was banded together with other like minded institutions. Stanford and Berkeley, UCLA and Washington were the heart of the Pacific Conference and world leaders in every sense of the word. USC and Oregon (as much as we malign them) had national relevance to the culture and knowledge. Giants walking the earth. Zeitgeist personified.

Arizona was not far behind. Wazzu, in its areas, is relevant worldwide. Oregon state was admittedly a laggard and ASU generally only good for beautiful coeds (we all need wives). even the addition of Colorado (a very fine place of higher learning) and Utah (less so but the Mormons are hard workers) did not diminish the light of the PAC.

It was, by any measure, at least as impactful globally as the Ivy League. International measures had Stanford, Cal and UW as top 10 institutions, with UCLA and USC top 50.

So now we get down to brass tacks. Who is to blame for this abomination. Kliavkoff was too new to have real blame. And a large portion of blame much be meted out to Larry Scott, who mismanaged the intellectual property of the PAC it was criminal.

But my friends, my loyal purple and gold friends, the true culprit in this is the University of Southern California. Those Trojan rat bastards sold their pacific souls and forced the rest to pick up the pieces. I place little blame on UCLA, they merely followed.

So fuck the Trojans. Fuck them for not enjoying paradise. Fuck them for being afraid of the rest of the west coast. Fuck them for being the fake ass Hollywood bitches they are.

It’s time to declare war. Who’s with me?

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

UW’s endowment is larger than Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and LSU’s combined.

@SECDAWG dont give a fuck about research and neither does BIG TV.

@creepycoug ?

It's not like our football team is changing the world with their thesis or some research initiative. It's about time we act like it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW’s endowment is larger than Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and LSU’s combined.

@SECDAWG dont give a fuck about research and neither does BIG TV.

@creepycoug ?

UW is the only school in the same tier as Michigan in terms of research dollars. That matters more than any other academies metric.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    USC is stupid for leaving but they at least wanted to be at the leading edge of CFB, not getting dicked around by Stanford and Cal and having to pretend they don't care about shitty football and shitty league presidents.

The thing is the transfer portal would have saved the Pac. The Pac was losing a lot of west coast talent but the portal has brought a lot of great players back to the league and would have saved it.

Look at this year. Great talent and strong teams again.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

So not to be a homer or anything, but seriously, how the fuck did the PAC 12 implode? I always took great pride that my institution, one of the true drivers of innovation and change in the world, was banded together with other like minded institutions. Stanford and Berkeley, UCLA and Washington were the heart of the Pacific Conference and world leaders in every sense of the word. USC and Oregon (as much as we malign them) had national relevance to the culture and knowledge. Giants walking the earth. Zeitgeist personified.

Arizona was not far behind. Wazzu, in its areas, is relevant worldwide. Oregon state was admittedly a laggard and ASU generally only good for beautiful coeds (we all need wives). even the addition of Colorado (a very fine place of higher learning) and Utah (less so but the Mormons are hard workers) did not diminish the light of the PAC.

It was, by any measure, at least as impactful globally as the Ivy League. International measures had Stanford, Cal and UW as top 10 institutions, with UCLA and USC top 50.

So now we get down to brass tacks. Who is to blame for this abomination. Kliavkoff was too new to have real blame. And a large portion of blame much be meted out to Larry Scott, who mismanaged the intellectual property of the PAC it was criminal.

But my friends, my loyal purple and gold friends, the true culprit in this is the University of Southern California. Those Trojan rat bastards sold their pacific souls and forced the rest to pick up the pieces. I place little blame on UCLA, they merely followed.

So fuck the Trojans. Fuck them for not enjoying paradise. Fuck them for being afraid of the rest of the west coast. Fuck them for being the fake ass Hollywood bitches they are.

Well, fuck. Let's bring back the Kingdome and @BundyDawg 's VW
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

USC is stupid for leaving but they at least wanted to be at the leading edge of CFB, not getting dicked around by Stanford and Cal and having to pretend they don't care about shitty football and shitty league presidents.

The thing is the transfer portal would have saved the Pac. The Pac was losing a lot of west coast talent but the portal has brought a lot of great players back to the league and would have saved it.

And giving an equal share to fucking Wazzu and OSU.

Conference would have been saved by giving SC a higher share.

Oh but Texas or some stupid bullshit. Texas was in a true truck stop league and it was a completely different situation.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

FUCKING A!!!!

Wait, What are we talking about now??
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

when the pac-12 powers decided to hire larry scott and then give him an extension...in a way it gave him enough rope to hang the whole conference. It was all self-inflicted

This. Administration of the schools 100% where the buck stops. They set the direction and it was a bad one.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USC well known for making dumb, self-defeating decisions that at least recently seem to objectively benefit UW.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2023
    haie said:

Oh but Texas or some stupid bullshit. Texas was in a true truck stop league and it was a completely different situation.
    It wasn’t just Texas Corky. It was Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma St and TTech. All that have more investment in their programs than the PAC 12 combined now. Lay off the Hazy’s. They are called that for a reason.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    A solid 2 weeks by the PAC already have some of you rats jumping off the ship that you jumped on to get to the B1G and I’m here for it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

It wasn’t just Texas Corky. It was Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma St and TTech. All that have more investment in their programs than the PAC 12 combined now. Lay off the Hazy’s. They are called that for a reason.
    🥴

Yeah it's totally the same as 4 Pac 12 school's getting a Power 2 invite while Texas Tech and Oklahoma State can't accept a bunch of G5's fast enough...

Totally the same as USC seeing how much money the PAC 12 Network hemorrhages while they get a equal share as WSU who they don't even want to travel to.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It's done. I'm not here for reviewing the 'why'. Of course I'll miss the P12. But I also miss my wife's ass as it existed when she was in her 20s. C'est la vie. Or whatever.

Pics of wife's ass when she was in her 20's?!
    We really pics of both to truly judge.
    kramerthatstrue.gif
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    I just think all of the Pac 12 academis smack talk over the years is pointless. It just doesn't matter in big time college football.

I think there's been a total of like 6 natties in the past 25 years by schools's with respectable academis. USC (2); Texas (1); Ohio State (2) and Miamuh (1). I really hate having to include Miamuh here, but @creepycoug told me I have to.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I just think all of the Pac 12 academis smack talk over the years is pointless. It just doesn't matter in big time college football.

I think there's been a total of like 6 natties in the past 25 years by schools's with respectable academis. USC (2); Texas (1); Ohio State (2) and Miamuh (1). I really hate having to include Miamuh here, but @creepycoug told me I have to.

Miami is an academics school?