Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Where we are as a nation

SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,383 Standard Supporter
We need our country back. The Dazzlers of the demonrat party have made it a pedophile, gay clown show! Grooming from the government itself.

The Department of Justice intervened to protect Biden appointee, assistant secretary for health Dr. Rachel Levine, from discovery in Alabama litigation relating to its ban on transgender sex change procedures for minors.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/doj-blocks-rachel-levine-being-exposed-alabamas-law-banning-sex-changes-minors-litigation

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,099 Standard Supporter
    Supposedly "public education" is very important to Team Dazzler. But it isn't really important to them and in particular to the people he votes for and for the people that he votes and then actually hire the teachers who don't teach the kiddies. Here are some horrific stats from Minnesota which once did educate their kids, just like Oregon, Washington and California did. As we speak a bunch of southwest Washington school districts are on strike. This after a huge increase in school budgets mandated by the fake attorneys on the Washington Supreme Court.

"Consistent attendance" is defined as only missing one day of school every two weeks. Low bar and the miss is large. As described this is a civilization collapsing event. But Team Dazzler just keeps racking up the wins on their open border, crime and homelessness, education and energy policies. But abortion in the 9th month and a mythical strengthening of NATO is all worth it.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/08/kids-have-stopped-going-to-school.php

KIDS HAVE STOPPED GOING TO SCHOOL
    Pretty much everyone now agrees that shutting down our schools during the covid epidemic, at the demand of teachers’ unions, was one of the most catastrophic policy decisions of modern times. As I have said before, it is unfortunate that some old and very sick people had their demises hastened by covid, but what government did to our children, for no good reason, was a crime.

Having skipped school for a year or more courtesy of the teachers’ unions, a great many kids have never gone back, at least not on a consistent basis. Why should they, once not showing up got the official OK? Alpha News has the distressing statistics for Minnesota. True, Minnesota is a deeply troubled state. But I doubt the numbers would be much different in other blue states:

The number of Minnesota students who consistently attend school has dropped by 15% since 2019, according to state Department of Education data released last week.

The annual North Star Accountability Report tracks “consistent attendance,” which is defined as the number of students who attend school at least 90% of the time and are not chronically absent.

So the state says you don’t have consistent attendance if you miss one day every two weeks, but of course, many of the kids we are talking about miss vastly more time than that.

Since 2019, the last time attendance data was released, the number of students with consistent attendance records has dropped from 85% to 69.8%, according to data for the 2021-22 school year.

So up to 30% of Minnesota’s kids are essentially part-time students. But it gets worse:

In Minneapolis, the number of students consistently attending school that year was just 45.8%.

When fewer than half of the students in a district–a large one, in this case–bother to come to school consistently, anything that government does, other than sending out truant officers, is utterly irrelevant. Minnesota Democrats demand (successfully) that every year, we spend more money on public education, which at this point is opulent, if frequently unsafe. But you can spend any amount of money, and it won’t help the kids–more than half, in failing districts like Minneapolis–who don’t even bother to go to school.

The fundamental problem is that public schools are not run for the benefit of students. They are run by the teachers’ unions for the benefit of the teachers’ unions. Vast amounts of money are allocated every year to compensate, in many cases extravagantly, not only teachers who don’t work full-time, but a rapidly growing cadre of administrators, DEI consultants, and above all, fat-cat union officials. The students are really an afterthought. And I can’t help wondering whether one reason why so many kids don’t even bother with “education” anymore is that they know they are an afterthought.

All of this is happening in the context of an education system in which more than half of all K-12 Minnesota kids can neither read nor do math at grade level. What we are witnessing is nothing less than a civilizational collapse that is brought about by insane, and often intentionally-destructive, left-wing policies.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    Since 2019, the last time attendance data was released, the number of students with consistent attendance records has dropped from 85% to 69.8%, according to data for the 2021-22 school year.

So up to 30% of Minnesota’s kids are essentially part-time students. But it gets worse:

In Minneapolis, the number of students consistently attending school that year was just 45.8%.

Maybe the kids are seeing the shit that is being crammed down their throats and are refusing to show up. They may be smarter than we? think. In Baltimore, absenteeism is at 58%.

Citation needed for the 58% figure, go look it up
    LebamDawg said:

Maybe the kids are seeing the shit that is being crammed down their throats and are refusing to show up. They may be smarter than we? think. In Baltimore, absenteeism is at 58%.

Baltimore spends $26,000 per student and then claims it isn't enough. When your curriculum is to tell inner city black kids that showing up on time, be respectful in the classroom, doing your homework, and reading and math are white tools to suppress the blacks then big surprise that no education is occurring. What can't happen is to give the kids and their parents/parent/grandparent the $26,000 so they can go to a private or charter school.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,464
    When will the WOPS get their country back?
    HHusky said:

When will the WOPS get their country back?

I said that the dems don't care about educating black kids - or white kids. WOPS who aren't dems, don't have anything to do with the failing public education system and yes, unlike Team Dazzler, I would prefer to have a succeeding public school system.
    Our transportation system is a sign of systemic white institutional racism. Apparently getting a driver's license is a bridge too far for black people. I mean, have you ever seen a black person drive a car except for a drive by shooting using the white man's invention? Anyway, the dementia patient and Mayor Buttplug are on it. Need to create a committee of 24 people who thinks cars are the white devil's attempt to keep down the black person. So a Team Dazzler committee who will make our transportation system worse is the obvious solution. No way we can have a citizenry that is not dependent on the government to get them from here to there on their own terms.

https://freebeacon.com/energy/all-cars-are-bad-pete-buttigiegs-equity-advisers-want-you-to-stop-driving/

Buttigieg earlier this month appointed 24 new members to his Advisory Committee on Transportation Equity, an Obama-era body that Buttigieg is reviving after the Trump administration scrapped it. Included on the committee is Andrea Marpillero-Colomina, a "spatial policy scholar" who says "ALL CARS ARE BAD" given that they cause "a myriad of environmental issues and conditions." Another Buttigieg appointee, self-described "transportation nerd" Veronica Davis, argued in an August essay that cars perpetuate "systemic racism" and are therefore "the problem" in America's transportation system.

Buttigieg's appointments—and his decision to revive the equity advisory committee—reflect the Biden administration's whole-of-government emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion. President Joe Biden shortly after taking office in 2021 issued an executive order that called on federal agencies to "pursue a comprehensive approach to advancing equity for all." Under the order, agency heads must conduct an "equity assessment" to identify policies that create "systemic barriers" in minority communities.

The committee will advise Buttigieg on "promising practices to institutionalize equity into agency programs, policies, regulations, and activities" and plans to meet for the first time this fall, according to Buttigieg's August announcement. Marpillero-Colomina told the Washington Free Beacon that she is not "advocating for a complete erasure" [Just most of them] of cars but intends to push Buttigieg to move America away from its reliance on private motor vehicles.

"My interest in being on the [equity committee] is to raise the question and push the Department of Transportation to really think about: What are some equitable, environmentally sustainable, economically beneficial, and feasible alternatives to policy that is car-centric?" she said in an interview. "How can we reimagine streets to prioritize people instead of cars? How can we create streets that are inclusive of modes other than cars?"
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

They are being educated by tik tok so I'm not sure if that's better or worse than public school.

LebamDawg said:

They are being educated by tik tok so I'm not sure if that's better or worse than public school.
    Watching the teachers on Libs of Tik Tok I think it's the same actors.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    LebamDawg said:

https://foxbaltimore.com/amp/news/project-baltimore/education-crisis-58-of-baltimore-city-students-considered-chronically-absent
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,242 Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

obvious answer is obvious

STEM >>>>>>>>>> FOFA

I guess the upside is the CCP is making donations to US publik schools.

Sounds like some pretty shitty parenting going on. That must be the fault of teacher’s unions.

One of my public school educated daughters just got her doctorate in microbiology. But things were way different when she graduated from high school, I guess. Though she’s not yet 30 and you girls were bashing public education 25 years ago too.

HHusky said:

Sounds like some pretty shitty parenting going on. That must be the fault of teacher’s unions.

One of my public school educated daughters just got her doctorate in microbiology. But things were way different when she graduated from high school, I guess. Though she’s not yet 30 and you girls were bashing public education 25 years ago too.

She sounds fat
    She's out of your league. Don't torture yourself.
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

So she's a really slutty microbiologist?
    Imagine being the poster who thinks this is acceptable.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,995
    edited September 2023
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Imagine shitting all over Christian parents who encouraged their kids to wait until marriage before having sex. I just assumed that because that behavior was so objectionable to you that you went in the other direction. Did you encourage both of your daughters to be dirty little whores or just the microbiologist?
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Imagine shitting all over Christian parents who encouraged their kids to wait until marriage before having sex. I just assumed that because that behavior was so objectionable to you that you went in the other direction. Did you encourage both of your daughters to be dirty little whores or just the microbiologist?
    Big defender of "Christian values", obviously.

We're done.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,995
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Big defender of "Christian values", obviously.

We're done.
    I'm not a Christian. The behavior by the Christian parents wasn't objectionable to me, but it was to you. You trashed the guy for encouraging his daughter to wait until she was married before having sex. So why is it unreasonable to assume you encouraged your daughters to be dirty little whores?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,618 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I don't see many complaints
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    Only a moron would send their kids to public school these days.