Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An explanation of UW's in-state recruiting strategy

13»

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

With no facts at all to back me up I think less kids play football from pee wee to high school

Accurate.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know I'm a broken record on this but it certainly feels like the state's recruits have started to suck the past five years and there's a lot of guys who get rated well early, peak, and then end up only have commutable offers from mid-level power conference programs. On top of that, feels like there are way less diamond in the rough types who end up at WSU or the Beav or some random program like that and you're like why the fuck didn't UW recruit that guy?

Always forget Budda wasn't a five star for some reason. Super strange. The only recent true five star guy it's seemed lately was Egbuka and I trusted him because he was a late bloomer. JT technically probably was one but wonder if he an early bloomer and still a guy who should be playing DT. He might be an ASJ who should be playing a less glamour position (ASJ should have been an OT) and he will be good but not spectacular and be a 2nd round pick.

I watched a bunch of Connerly against Tech. He’s agile and mean. Really finishes blocks. He looks like a legit 5* type guy. As far as diamond in the rough local kids, I think Pete found a bunch of them and recruited them or walked them on. Sample, Tryon, Tupatala, Westover, Bruener, Ale, C. Otton, R. Bowman and possibly Jacob Lane are all guys I could see Sark or Rick not recruiting. In the Lambo years a bunch of kids that would have been on UW rosters leaked out due to limited scholarships and a poor coin flip. Ex. See: Sirmon, Peter.