Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worst opening season losses

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

1996 Arizona State.

Probably win if Dillon gets more than 7 carries

I was there!
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Petersen should have been fired on the Albertson's logo after he lost to Boise to open the 2015 season.

The offense was terrible. Everyone kept saying browning did good so it must be true.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,781 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

In honor of losing to Boise and looking retarded for our off season natty what are some of your lowlights

1985 BYU is near the top coming off of Don James first natty and getting blown out by the pretender

Sneaky one 1994 losing at USC before beating Ohio State, Miami and UCLA

Sark losing to BYU when we gambled the entire season on it

Petersen losing to Auburn

The Auburn game led to the mental break that got me sober.

Thanks Pete!
    Sobriety sucks but congrats on your liver surviving.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    Sark losing to LSU in his first year. Scored a last second touchdown to make the final loss by one score, which started the whole "Sark has this team headed in the right direction!" mentality that never seemed to wane no matter how many terrible losses and sub-par seasons he turned. In fact, he's still riding the coat tails of that game. I wish we had gotten blown out.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,012 Founders Club
    edited August 2023
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam
    BYU in 2010 was tuff. Coming off winning the last two games of 2009, including a closing blowout over ranked Cal, and Locker back, it felt like there was some positive momentum for the first time in a long time. Then they couldn't stop JJ DiLuigi and Locker looked lost against a mid major.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam

BYU in 2010 was tuff. Coming off winning the last two games of 2009, including a closing blowout over ranked Cal, and Locker back, it felt like there was some positive momentum for the first time in a long time. Then they couldn't stop JJ DiLuigi and Locker looked lost against a mid major.

That last drive was hilariously pathetic
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club

iDawg and still podded then. We put it all on that game

If Sark couldn't win he wasn't the guy
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Locker Heisman campaign got off to a *sizzling* start
    7-4. Embarrassing

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,196

7-4. Embarrassing

I really did think that Eason had a big dick after that 2019 game.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kevin Sumlin has a higher CFB head coaching winning percentage then little Rick Newheisel

Sucks to suck
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    Needing a last second Desmond Trufant interception in our end zone to beat Eastern in 2012 was basically a loss.

Yeah, I had to edit this shit.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

I was there. The remember walking out of byu realizing Nebraska was going to destroy us in a couple of weeks. It came true. Don James never had to face a Taylor Martinez led Nebraska.

Locker may have had the worst qb box score in the history of the program vs Nebraska that game. Funny that someone still took him in the first round.
    And that nobody would touch Stanback as a QB.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,944 Swaye's Wigwam

I was there. The remember walking out of byu realizing Nebraska was going to destroy us in a couple of weeks. It came true. Don James never had to face a Taylor Martinez led Nebraska.

Locker may have had the worst qb box score in the history of the program vs Nebraska that game. Funny that someone still took him in the first round.
    The only thing Locker was better at than Stanback was running the ball and running option plays. Makes a lot of sense that someone in the NFL would value that so much.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

I can't quite put my finger on the difference between the two.
    I mean Locker did not live in the film room