Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worst opening season losses

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
In honor of losing to Boise and looking retarded for our off season natty what are some of your lowlights

1985 BYU is near the top coming off of Don James first natty and getting blown out by the pretender

Sneaky one 1994 losing at USC before beating Ohio State, Miami and UCLA

Sark losing to BYU when we gambled the entire season on it

Petersen losing to Auburn

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,514 Standard Supporter
    Owen started off nicely.
  • CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 84

In honor of losing to Boise and looking retarded for our off season natty what are some of your lowlights

1985 BYU is near the top coming off of Don James first natty and getting blown out by the pretender

Those were all the ones I thought of. Maybe Air Force in 2004. Go into the game thinking this team isn’t 1-10 bad and then they laid an egg. It was the first tangible confirmation that the Ty regime was going to suck balls.
    2005, not 2004, but agreed nonetheless.

Barely beating Hawaii in 2014 and EWU in 2011 also ought to count as an opening losses.

The LSU loss in 2009 is sort of the opposite. It tricked me into thinking UW would be really good right after 0-12. It was a really fitting first game for Sark in hindsight.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

What was bad about the usc loss? I don't remember it other than it being like 24-17?
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,611 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2023
    Who did Rick lose to in his first season? Started 0-2 and one of them was to Air Force but not sure if it was first

ETA: Fuck it was also BYU. Should have fired Rick on the 50
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club

What was bad about the usc loss? I don't remember it other than it being like 24-17?
    Because it was USC and the season was over. And further proof Lambo was over his head. He dropped to 0-2 against USC after UW had won three straight

We? were on probation so everything sucked
    whlinder said:

Who did Rick lose to in his first season? Started 0-2 and one of them was to Air Force but not sure if it was first

ETA: Fuck it was also BYU. Should have fired Rick on the 50

Good old BYU

At least Petersen and Eason could beat them

Jimmy Lake says hi.

If it was on the Pac-12 network it didn't happen
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Founders Club

Jimmy Lake says hi.

I was gonna ask if there was a memo somewhere to not bring it up
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

Because it was USC and the season was over. And further proof Lambo was over his head. He dropped to 0-2 against USC after UW had won three straight

We? were on probation so everything sucked
    As a young doog college football was invented in 1990 so the first lambo loss in 1993 @tosu was shocking to me. I was mad.
  • CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 84

Jimmy Lake says hi.

I was gonna ask if there was a memo somewhere to not bring it up
    I intentionally didn't mention it, because I assumed it was some unofficial rule I just wasn't aware of.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club
    whlinder said:

2002 coug it against Michigan in the Big Quiet House has to be on here too. Fucking Rick.

With all the shitty football we experienced after this, it’s kinda easy to forget.

1996 Arizona State.

Probably win if Dillon gets more than 7 carries

Good call

Lambo's second Rose Bowl lost in week 1

Maybe Brock's best game. His first. Came off the bench
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    edited August 2023
    Gilby at tOSU getting blown out while an ineligible Maurice claret giggled on the bench.