Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Needs_More_Time

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    You know, this is NOT the place to come if you are offended. I don't mean easily offended, that is obvious. I mean, don't poast here if you get offended. AT ALL EVER.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ping is cool... he doesn't post anymore because he has eleventeen kids now but he's got the hammer when he needs it. Right, Derek?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

Ping is cool... he doesn't post anymore because he has eleventeen kids now but he's got the hammer when he needs it. Right, Derek?

Sounds like a good mod
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm pretty sure I was the first person to make a wheelchair joke about PLSS. I believe that to be true because I remember agonizing over it. The post was hilarious but I wasn't sure I wanted to cross that line.

I ended up deciding to do it because I am a Half Brain. And, god dammit, that's what we do. But I thought of it, at the time, as inclusive. I've made personal jokes about posters being overweight, the Race of ones wife, about having sex with a posters daughter, about a posters parents not loving them and about military service. Those may not be equal to wheelchair jokes but they were personal attacks. I thought of it as treating PLSS just like everyone else and hoped he would see it that way.

Now, I don't blame PLSS for complaining about it. It clearly turned into something more venomous than I had intended. And he had that right even if it had not. It became something that, at times, even made me cringe. And I am a horrible, horrible human being.

DJ has done a very good job of giving this board and it's posters freedom. But with that freedom comes responsibility. HHB 1.0 is an example of what happens when posters don't take that responsibility. That doesn't mean everyone should toe the line. Lord knows I'm a habitual line stepper. But at the very least, when the person that gave us all of this, asks you to stop doing something, you should stop. DJ has earned that much.

You're Rick James, bitch?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    If only there was a way to delete comments.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm pretty sure I was the first person to make a wheelchair joke about PLSS. I believe that to be true because I remember agonizing over it. The post was hilarious but I wasn't sure I wanted to cross that line.

I ended up deciding to do it because I am a Half Brain. And, god dammit, that's what we do. But I thought of it, at the time, as inclusive. I've made personal jokes about posters being overweight, the Race of ones wife, about having sex with a posters daughter, about a posters parents not loving them and about military service. Those may not be equal to wheelchair jokes but they were personal attacks. I thought of it as treating PLSS just like everyone else and hoped he would see it that way.

Now, I don't blame PLSS for complaining about it. It clearly turned into something more venomous than I had intended. And he had that right even if it had not. It became something that, at times, even made me cringe. And I am a horrible, horrible human being.

DJ has done a very good job of giving this board and it's posters freedom. But with that freedom comes responsibility. HHB 1.0 is an example of what happens when posters don't take that responsibility. That doesn't mean everyone should toe the line. Lord knows I'm a habitual line stepper. But at the very least, when the person that gave us all of this, asks you to stop doing something, you should stop. DJ has earned that much.

Fuck your perspective.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Spoken like a true conservative.
    APAG's always been my favorite classy conservative

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

APAG's always been my favorite, Lebron loving classy conservative

• Options
    Swaye said:

APAG's always been my favorite Mike Jensen loving classy conservative

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,004
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Spoken like a trueLibertarian conservative.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

APAG is a hipster. He's made jokes about overweight people , posters parents, and military service. That's what hipsters do. If he denies it, being a hipster, that means he's a hipster.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The big point to this thread is that if you are easily offended, you are a smooth crotch loser and should DIAFF. But, we do have some special snowflakes and we should be attentive to their needs (citrus).

HTH