Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We gone

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2023
    In the end, I don’t think either Oregon or Washington make the B1G cut right now if it wasn’t for the other.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

In the end, I don’t think either Oregon or Washington make the B1G cut right now if it wasn’t for the other.

Probably so
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    TheHB said:

He's not CanzanoFS for nothing.

Oh I'm sure this is about, beyond his kids going to Beavlet, all the Pac 12 Network people he's been fluffing that will be out of a job.

Nick Alliotti, Ryan Leaf, you know, people I feel really sorry about getting canned. Will really miss their intelligent takes on UW football on Pac12N.

Yogi will get an immediate job on B1G Network balancing out all the truck stop fucks on there.

Ashley Adamson who favors the Buffs will get some ESPN+ job.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,166
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

It's good to have enemies. It means you're doing something right.

Cant be successful without people getting butthurt
    Butt stuff!!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Can we now complain that we are in an 18 team conference but we call ourselves the big 10?
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Can we now complain that we are in an 18 team conference but we call ourselves the big 10?

18 is big
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

18 is big
    With a 16+ team playoff conference championships are meaningless anyways.

Two division winners playing a championship game won't even care about an autobid.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,179
    LawDawg1 said:

18 is big

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Canzano FS is saying the ball is in Oregon's court. UW wants out yesterday but the Ducks are waffling because they have nike money and see an easy path to the playoffs winning a zombie P12. If Oregon affirms their seat, Arizona, in his theory, would affirm theirs thus affirming the Sun Devils. Utah has desperately wanted the ZPac to work and the Bay Area schools don't even know there's a problem. He says UW won't go without Oregon. I hope he's wrong and if UW truly wants out of this mess and they want to be bad ass cutthroat TUFF they should be on the horn with Stanford about Oregons seat while looking Oregon straight in the eyes and saying they're staying. Then when everyone gets on board you jump off with the Silicon Valley nerds and high tail it east. Let the Ducks win the Mountain Pac on Apple+ in media darkness while UW gets reenergized in a conference thats serious about football and winning while dragging a ND bargaining chip along with them to the B1G. Fuck Oregon if this is even remotely true and fuck this conference.

UW can't say no because of the stadium payments ramping up.

Nike money can't save them if they stay in the Pac and the auto bid only lasts for 2 seasons.

Canzano has been saying that the Pac ia fine this whole time, even doubling down while Wilner pivots.

All of his shit is opinion, he has only 2 campuses even talking to him (Wazzu and Beavlet).

And LOL at thinking Arizona and their basketball program would stick around for Oregon 🤣
    @StadiumDefault has been a constant pressure the last 10 years forcing decisions, thank you Pool Boy!
    Emmert?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited August 2023

Canzano FS is saying the ball is in Oregon's court. UW wants out yesterday but the Ducks are waffling because they have nike money and see an easy path to the playoffs winning a zombie P12. If Oregon affirms their seat, Arizona, in his theory, would affirm theirs thus affirming the Sun Devils. Utah has desperately wanted the ZPac to work and the Bay Area schools don't even know there's a problem. He says UW won't go without Oregon. I hope he's wrong and if UW truly wants out of this mess and they want to be bad ass cutthroat TUFF they should be on the horn with Stanford about Oregons seat while looking Oregon straight in the eyes and saying they're staying. Then when everyone gets on board you jump off with the Silicon Valley nerds and high tail it east. Let the Ducks win the Mountain Pac on Apple+ in media darkness while UW gets reenergized in a conference thats serious about football and winning while dragging a ND bargaining chip along with them to the B1G. Fuck Oregon if this is even remotely true and fuck this conference.

I laffed. Also, not for saving the growing love fest here, but I highly doubt that Oregon and Washington are viewing this as a "just me" matter. They are PNW cfb and far and away the best two programs remaining, and better than one of those already gone. It's the best rivalry in the conference and has been for years. I don't see it. I see them as seeing themselves as something apart from OSU and WSU. And as you said, nobody has bothered to give Cal or Furd a courtesy wake-up call.

The odds of this not being Oregon/Washington! to the Big is seems small, though I agree with the other sentiment that they can't be getting a full share. At least not right away.

As for easy path to the playoffs, I don't think so. The economis of this is more than just playoffs. It's the whole TV deal which relies at least in part on the season and who you're playing and why that matters. Oregon / Washington would instantly be the second best rivalry in that super conference, behind only the Big Game, which only recently stopped being a snoozer. And as @haie said, the auto bid goes buh bye soon, and I think it's fair to assume Oregon, and Washington, know that.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I laffed. Also, not for saving the growing love fest here, but I highly doubt that Oregon and Washington are viewing this as a "just me" matter. They are PNW cfb and far and away the best two programs remaining, and better than one of those already gone. It's the best rivalry in the conference and has been for years. I don't see it. I see them as seeing themselves as something apart from OSU and WSU. And as you said, nobody has bothered to give Cal or Furd a courtesy wake-up call.

The odds of this not being Oregon/Washington! to the Big is seems small, though I agree with the other sentiment that they can't be getting a full share. At least not right away.

As for easy path to the playoffs, I don't think so. The economis of this is more than just playoffs. It's the whole TV deal which relies at least in part on the season and who you're playing and why that matters. Oregon / Washington would instantly be the second best rivalry in that super conference, behind only the Big Game, which only recently stopped being a snoozer. And as @haie said, the auto bid goes buh bye soon, and I think it's fair to assume Oregon, and Washington, know that.

Pretty much.

The Oregon/Washington game up in Seattle has been a shitty matchup for awhile but when it was finally ranked, even just #25 Washington (ranked for 8 days) and #6 Oregon it was treated like a major college football event.

The "frenemy" shit exists all over business today, this is no exception.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe it's the typical arrogant Canadian in me but I could see the duo being Washington / Oregon, or Washington / Stanford but not Stanford / Oregon.

The obvious choice is to take the Ducks for a few reasons already mentioned.

The kicker to Furd over Duck is that our grellow frenemies are more aligned with the other powerful conference what with their recruiting tactics and gas pumping alum while the Tree glistens with B10 fans living all around their stadium and the highest academic prowess in the country. The B10 presidents are making these decisions mind you so who do you think they'd prefer?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

I swear to god if you fucking poors screw this up over this shit
    Just a negotiation thing whining about being the most remote school. Otherwise Dodd wouldn't even know about this.