Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We gone

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
edited August 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
I’m hearing UW and Oregon is agreed and a done deal if the schools agree to it. $60m per school per year. USC tried to block it, but don’t have a vote, and was told to fuck off.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

I’m hearing UW and Oregon is agreed and a done deal if the schools agree to it. $60m per school per year. USC tried to block it, but don’t have a vote, and was told to fuck off.

Big belly laughs in the FOX media room when USC, hot off of destroying their fallback conference, demanded that they not take any more west coast schools.
    If this doesn't kill the "USC Respects Us!" sentiment, nothing will.

Also, LOL, Mercury New always running the story as a UW, UO, Cal too high and Stanford narrative. What I'm hearing is UW/UO, Bay Area schools maybe one day or get fucked.

It's awfully warm for conference realignment, but then that makes no sense whatsoever. Let's go with we'll? count our chickens when they hatch.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

After all this drama I can’t say that I hate Washington anymore. It’s more like a respect that we both fought through purgatory and leaving together. You can bash me all you want I don’t care. My hate is gone

Hopefully it comes back
    Nah. I respect your coach, and I like the direction you guys are going.
    Time to fire the coach!

Why would BIG offer full shares? Makes no sense since we have zero leverage at the moment.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

After all this drama I can’t say that I hate Washington anymore. It’s more like a respect that we both fought through purgatory and leaving together. You can bash me all you want I don’t care. My hate is gone

Gotta do what you can just to keep your hate alive
    Trying not to confuse it, with what you do to survive

Trying times. With patience I foresee a full restoration of the hate though. LIPO.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Hopefully it comes back
    Nah. I respect your coach, and I like the direction you guys are going.
    Time to fire the coach!

Why would BIG offer full shares? Makes no sense since we have zero leverage at the moment.
    Even so, Jen Leopardprint would probably say, "We wouldn't think of it. Gimme that discount!

And rep the B10!"
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023

@JoeEDangerously made a good point that without Oregon and Washington, USC might be looking at a division of UCLA, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern (or something similar). Said division is a lot harder to win throwing in Oregon and UW. I'm sure they'd much rather have the Bay Area schools as easy wins and non recruiting threats join.

I would think just UW and Oregon their main beef is with Oregon. They'd be easier to recruit against if they were stuck in the Big 12 or zombie Pac. They also recruit in Southern California a lot more and talk a lot more shit.

The schools would like easy wins but the networks want eyeballs

And Cal and Stanford don't bring the eyeballs, not for their own fans nor for causal fans back east

UW and UO will be more interesting for casual fans given our recent success
    My guess is Stanford is another bargaining chip for Notre Dame eventually to join when it reaches 24 at some point or they tell Cal to fuck off. Only thing I see as a bonus for the other BIG schools with the Bay Area schools joining is those teams all travel well and it’s a destination point for them. Don’t be surprised if there’s more games at Levi’s stadium due to the easy travel to get there flight wise via San Jose
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm old enough to remember the days when UW's gameday experience was considered very "BIG-10 like."
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Give it tim.