Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We gone

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

@JoeEDangerously made a good point that without Oregon and Washington, USC might be looking at a division of UCLA, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern (or something similar). Said division is a lot harder to win throwing in Oregon and UW. I'm sure they'd much rather have the Bay Area schools as easy wins and non recruiting threats join.

I would think just UW and Oregon their main beef is with Oregon. They'd be easier to recruit against if they were stuck in the Big 12 or zombie Pac. They also recruit in Southern California a lot more and talk a lot more shit.

The schools would like easy wins but the networks want eyeballs

And Cal and Stanford don't bring the eyeballs, not for their own fans nor for causal fans back east

UW and UO will be more interesting for casual fans given our recent success
    Everyone says “the Bay Area is the 6th largest market”. My argument is, in regards to an engaged sports audience, they don’t crack the top 25. Don’t people realize they lost the Raiders and the A’s all in the same year? Technically they lost the warriors too as they went to the other side of the bridge, but that semantics. Probably would lose them too completely if they didn’t have one of the best rosters ever for almost a decade.
    Warriors are now the most expensive ticket in the NBA. Bay Area is built on tech money and those types will pay out the ass for a luxury experience at a modern venue, which the Warriors/49ers got. Giants have an undisputed top 3 ballpark.

Meanwhile, Oakland venues were horse shit bad and no one wanted to go to those games causally. Raiders still did fine on attendance despite that, and despite being a horrible franchise for the majority of the last 20 years
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I’m hearing UW and Oregon is agreed and a done deal if the schools agree to it. $60m per school per year. USC tried to block it, but don’t have a vote, and was told to fuck off.

I'm actually serious now. This should engender a whole lot of Trooj hate. @UW_Doog_Bot and the old days notwithstanding.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

After all this drama I can’t say that I hate Washington anymore. It’s more like a respect that we both fought through purgatory and leaving together. You can bash me all you want I don’t care. My hate is gone

Nebraska classy.

There's still time to hate. It's not over yet. Rest assured we still hate you and wish you nothing but the worst.

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

@JoeEDangerously made a good point that without Oregon and Washington, USC might be looking at a division of UCLA, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern (or something similar). Said division is a lot harder to win throwing in Oregon and UW. I'm sure they'd much rather have the Bay Area schools as easy wins and non recruiting threats join.

I would think just UW and Oregon their main beef is with Oregon. They'd be easier to recruit against if they were stuck in the Big 12 or zombie Pac. They also recruit in Southern California a lot more and talk a lot more shit.

And Cal and Stanford don't bring the eyeballs, not for their own fans nor for causal fans back east

Everyone says “the Bay Area is the 6th largest market”. My argument is, in regards to an engaged sports audience, they don’t crack the top 25. Don’t people realize they lost the Raiders and the A’s all in the same year? Technically they lost the warriors too as they went to the other side of the bridge, but that semantics. Probably would lose them too completely if they didn’t have one of the best rosters ever for almost a decade.
    There are plenty of football fans in the area

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

After all this drama I can’t say that I hate Washington anymore. It’s more like a respect that we both fought through purgatory and leaving together. You can bash me all you want I don’t care. My hate is gone

Losing to UW at home while top 5, and now this?

Tuff to see.

I hate Oreegun.

And respect them.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516

haie said:

I’m hearing UW and Oregon is agreed and a done deal if the schools agree to it. $60m per school per year. USC tried to block it, but don’t have a vote, and was told to fuck off.

Big belly laughs in the FOX media room when USC, hot off of destroying their fallback conference, demanded that they not take any more west coast schools.
    If this doesn't kill the "USC Respects Us!" sentiment, nothing will.

Also, LOL, Mercury New always running the story as a UW, UO, Cal too high and Stanford narrative. What I'm hearing is UW/UO, Bay Area schools maybe one day or get fucked.

It's awfully warm for conference realignment, but then that makes no sense whatsoever. Let's go with we'll? count our chickens when they hatch.
    I think that fox/big ten learned their lesson going after shitty irrelevant programs with no fan support (but in a huge media market) with Rutgers.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    edited August 2023

Oregon gets better ratings in the Bay Area than cal and Stanford combined. Doesn’t hurt that about 30% of recent alumni live there too
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

There are plenty of football fans in the area

I’ve been to those SF games down there and I’m unsure where those people com from. They’re displaced for sure. Compared to the Stanford and Cal fans they’re miles apart
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't trust Canzano

I don't see Oregon staying in the Pac when Phil reached out to the B1G after the USC announcement and Oregon met with the B1G before UW did

Canzano's sources have all been pac12 fluffers. He only has a bs detector for the bullies in these situations. Little guy can tell him anything and he will write it as fact regardless if he actually believes it.

Works when you are calling out Larry Scott for being an ass. Doesn't work when you're talking about the future of a shit conference where the little guys are getting left behind.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    All these leaks of “they won’t go and kill the P12 unless someone else goes first” is the equivalent of a firing squad where 5 people shoot the condemned at the same time so no one knows who fired the kill shot.

Fire the damn kill shot at the same time UA ASU UW UO.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's not CanzanoFS for nothing.