Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What level of Doog is (was) your old man?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited June 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board

What level of Doog is (was) your old man? 47 votes

Ultra Doog
21%
DerekJohnsonHuskyJWdtdhuskyhooliganWilliams3hardhatYellowSnowdannarcbooker14WoolleyDoog 10 votes
Moderately Doogish
38%
MelloDawgCFetters_Nacho_Loverwhlinderalumni94HFNYhaiepawzFenderbender123doogvillejarlsbergraygunQuietcowskeeEl_KRDRCanadawgLostDoogRewardNoWarningJustDawgKingdome_UrinalsGeevis_and_Butthead 18 votes
Nega Dawg
17%
RaceBannonMad_SonchuckJaWarrenJaHookertheknowledgeBleachedAnusDawgBeerThirtyFishpo31 8 votes
Has little or no interest in Husky Football
23%
vadawgPurpleBazeAtomicDawgdncTheHBThe_UndertakerEwaDawgLebamDawgFireCohenJoeEDangerously1to392831weretaken 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ultra Doog
    Papa Yella was out visiting last week. Said that he was going to quit watching Husky Football if we? leave the PAC. Also thinks adding SDSU to the conference is a great move.

I tried to explain to him that USC gave us a fait accompli and we have no choice but to leave.

He's also fond of saying that each coach should get 4 years to get their own guys in there, and that fans on the internet are generally idiots.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nega Dawg
    Daddy doesn't live anymore, but he stopped rooting for UW when they hired Neuheisel. He had an over the top dislike for him. He later said UW got what it deserved with Gilbertson and Ty due to the stupidity and arrogance displayed when they hired RN
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,871
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Moderately Doogish
    He doogs it up every year before the season starts, and then even more so if we start off hot. But he's the first one cussing out the players when they start to lose.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Nega Dawg
    My Dad has been nega ever since Hedges sold the program out.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023
    Ultra Doog
    My dad passed on his love of UW and hatred of Oregon. He would be proud to know his grandkids have inherited these sentiments.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nega Dawg

chuck said:

Daddy doesn't live anymore, but he stopped rooting for UW when they hired Neuheisel. He had an over the top dislike for him. He later said UW got what it deserved with Gilbertson and Ty due to the stupidity and arrogance displayed when they hired RN

I fixed my poll title for the deceased old mans of the board.
    Gawd bless you for your sensitivity in this difficult tim.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,264
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nega Dawg
    My Pops was initially interested in the dawgs because of Darrell Royal, who he watched play at Oklahoma, and Jim Owens, who had the same pedigree. Dad moved to Warshington in about 1950, IIRC…He hated the Sooners (as a Longhorn alum), but respected Bud Wilkinson…

He was a classic Nega, with all teams he rooted for…even the slightest failure brought on “Fire the coach / get rid of players” rantings…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ultra Doog

Fire Jim Owens

My old man arrived to UW just in time for the 1964 season and the decline of Jim Owens football. He came of age in an era of shitty football for us.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Moderately Doogish
    After ‘91 thought UW would be a 1000 year reich. Rinse and repeat after 2000. Frustrated both times, harbors abiding hatred for “PAC 9”.

Disgusted by ‘97 season, cancelled season tickets thereafter.

Like any good Husky his expectations were forged by the’78-‘91 era when would could clearly see an upward trajectory.

No longer really interested.
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Moderately Doogish

Papa Yella was out visiting last week. Said that he was going to quit watching Husky Football if we? leave the PAC. Also thinks adding SDSU to the conference is a great move ... He's also fond of saying that each coach should get 4 years to get their own guys in there, and that fans on the internet are generally idiots.

Are you Blaine Newnham's son?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’d take my dad to Husky games and he’d forget who I was or where we were. Not out of senility or dementia, just didn’t pay close attention and when Notre Dame or USC or WSU or whatever team would do something g good, he’d start cheering and have to catch himself.

He’d rather be sitting at home watching an old John Wayne movie, so I stopped bringing him.
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Moderately Doogish

He doogs it up every year before the season starts, and then even more so if we start off hot. But he's the first one cussing out the players when they start to lose.

Prototype dad for Hardcore Husky poster
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

Did HIV Sr have tickets in Section14a perchance?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited June 2023
    My Dad was/is a hater. Grew up Mormon, hated UW because we? refused to play BYU. Which was really probably the most Mormon thing about him.

Plus he grew up in Eastern Washington and always had a soft spot for the fucking coogs.

Thankfully he didn't really GAF about college football so my burgeoning doogdom slipped under his radar until it was too late.

I suppose he really just needed more tim.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nega Dawg
    Hardy har har. Dad was no section 8. I think that, while he didn't come out and say it, he thought RN was a fag and that doomed him.