Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best lake in the greater PNW?

13»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    other (name In comments)

This probably won’t come as a big shock to most of you, but I’m kind of a pendant when it comes to the definition of Pacific northwest.

Pacific means bordering the Pacific Ocean, which Montana, and Idaho do not.

Northwest means northwest section of the USA which British Columbia is not. British Columbia is in the southwest of Canada. You fucking Canucks and your stolen Northwest valor. @Canadawg @CanadianDAWG @CanadianCuck

FO, G

There are tims where you really need to make sure you're using the right word. "Pedant" is one of those tims.

As for the pole, my favorite lakes are just called Two Little Lakes, in the woods north of Lake Wenatchee. It's about a seven mile dirt bike ride or hike from Maverick Saddle to get to them. I like them because it's like fishing in a giant bathtub. White sand bottom, super clear water. Lakes are chock full o' crazy little rainbows that attack anything shiny. Throw a rainbow Kastmaster out, and you'll get a hit on at least two-thirds of your casts. And since the bottom is white and the water is so clear, you'll watch the fish chase your lure 40 yards away. High lake, so the fish are good to eat, too. Every time I ride that area, I pack a telescoping rod, ultralight reel, and a big Ziploc bag to carry a half dozen or so of the nicest fish I catch back to camp for dinner.

Bonus: Upper Mad River trail, which is the route between Maverick Saddle and these lakes, is a top-3 trail I've ever ridden, if not top overall.

47°56'15.5"N 120°37'41.9"W
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    other (name In comments)

This probably won’t come as a big shock to most of you, but I’m kind of a pendant when it comes to the definition of Pacific northwest.

Pacific means bordering the Pacific Ocean, which Montana, and Idaho do not.

Northwest means northwest section of the USA which British Columbia is not. British Columbia is in the southwest of Canada. You fucking Canucks and your stolen Northwest valor. @Canadawg @CanadianDAWG @CanadianCuck

FO, G

There are tims where you really need to make sure you're using the right word. "Pedant" is one of those tims.

As for the pole, my favorite lakes are just called Two Little Lakes, in the woods north of Lake Wenatchee. It's about a seven mile dirt bike ride or hike from Maverick Saddle to get to them. I like them because it's like fishing in a giant bathtub. White sand bottom, super clear water. Lakes are chock full o' crazy little rainbows that attack anything shiny. Throw a rainbow Kastmaster out, and you'll get a hit on at least two-thirds of your casts. And since the bottom is white and the water is so clear, you'll watch the fish chase your lure 40 yards away. High lake, so the fish are good to eat, too. Every time I ride that area, I pack a telescoping rod, ultralight reel, and a big Ziploc bag to carry a half dozen or so of the nicest fish I catch back to camp for dinner.

Bonus: Upper Mad River trail, which is the route between Maverick Saddle and these lakes, is a top-3 trail I've ever ridden, if not top overall.

47°56'15.5"N 120°37'41.9"W
    It’s hard.