Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best lake in the greater PNW?

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Lake Chelan, WA
    Chelan is my favorite to visit but my favorite is Clear Lake in Skagit county for personal reasons
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    other (name In comments)
    This probably won’t come as a big shock to most of you, but I’m kind of a pendant when it comes to the definition of Pacific northwest.

Pacific means bordering the Pacific Ocean, which Montana, and Idaho do not.

Northwest means northwest section of the USA which British Columbia is not. British Columbia is in the southwest of Canada. You fucking Canucks and your stolen Northwest valor. @Canadawg @CanadianDAWG @CanadianCuck

FO, G

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023
    Crater Lake, OR

No love for Soap or Moses?!?

Grant County haters. I mean, it’s deserved but still.

Got laid in Ephrata once. Which was nice.

Hence, @PurpleThrobber why no one is showing up for the Battle of Vantage.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,068
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lake Washington, WA
    Had to go with home court advantage. East to get to. Lots of access. Greatest Setting. Blue Angels in August. First airplanes to circumnavigate the globe took off and landed on its shores.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,803
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2023
    Lake Coeur d’Alene, ID

This probably won’t come as a big shock to most of you, but I’m kind of a pendant when it comes to the definition of Pacific northwest.

Northwest means northwest section of the USA which British Columbia is not. British Columbia is in the southwest of Canada. You fucking Canucks and your stolen Northwest valor. @Canadawg @CanadianDAWG @CanadianCuck

FO, G

Your definition is faggotry.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,803
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lake Coeur d’Alene, ID

Hence, @PurpleThrobber why no one is showing up for the Battle of Vantage.
    The Throbber will be doing all the pitching if they do.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Okanagan Lake, BC

FO, G

• Options
    other (name In comments)
    Canadawg said:

FO, G

Wikipedia is your source?

Like I said it’s me.

But you canucks can stop with the NW stuff…look a fucking map for christs sake.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,247
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lake Pend Oreille, ID
    Canadawg said:

FO, G

Chinned for use of “Bugs Bunny Change Up”…
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

You fucking suck at knowledge of American history and why this whole region is called the Pacific Northwest.

Quick hint: where is Northwestern University located? We weren’t the USA’s first “northwest,” hence the name.

• Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Idaho and Montana are mid major states.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    other (name In comments)

I spent a pretty dull weekend car camping somewhere around there and fishing Lenore and Rocky Ford in the early 90s. I didn't make a pledge to never return, but I've never returned or felt any urge to
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crater Lake, OR
    chuck said:

I spent a pretty dull weekend car camping somewhere around there and fishing Lenore and Rocky Ford in the early 90s. I didn't make a pledge to never return, but I've never returned or felt any urge to
    @chuck Dry Falls is fun fishing and pretty scenery. I went to Rocky Ford once in the early 2000's. Caught a bunch of Bows in the 2 hrs and never went back. One of the biggest fly fishing shit shows I've ever seen in my life. So dumb.

Nunnally is great too for catching big ass rainbows. But I'm just not lake guy. Fishing chironomids off 12 to 15 ft leaders is just boring as fuck.

I'd rather get skunked on the OP and watch @dflea chuck gear, smoke weed and talk shit about Damone.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    other (name In comments)

chuck said:

@chuck Dry Falls is fun fishing and pretty scenery. I went to Rocky Ford once in the early 2000's. Caught a bunch of Bows in the 2 hrs and never went back. One of the biggest fly fishing shit shows I've ever seen in my life. So dumb.

Nunnally is great too for catching big ass rainbows. But I'm just not lake guy. Fishing chironomids off 12 to 15 ft leaders is just boring as fuck.

I'd rather get skunked on the OP and watch @dflea chuck gear, smoke weed and talk shit about Damone.
    I'm a river guy too but lakes are fun and relaxing if you have the right equipment. I like trolling around on the iakes with my pontoon boats and have done it with fly gear. Usually prefer a spoon or small flatfish over flies though.

At Lenore we float tubed across the lake then stood there casting and stripping sinking lines for huge cutts that fought like limp rags. Rocky Ford was crowded and felt pretty much like fishing in a hatchery pond for fish that get caught and released so many times it's just routine for them. Definitely a shit show.

We used to go to Coldwater lake by St Helens a lot. It's a pretty lake about 5 miles long. We'd troll from one end to the other on an electric, with both flies and hardware, and get big cutts and rainbows all the way. One time the mountain was burping up steam while we were there. Cool scene and not another soul around.
  • Options
    other (name In comments)
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm a river guy too
    So was @JoeJarzinkaDawg

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crater Lake, OR

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm a river guy too but lakes are fun and relaxing if you have the right equipment. I like trolling around on the iakes with my pontoon boats and have done it with fly gear. Usually prefer a spoon or small flatfish over flies though.

At Lenore we float tubed across the lake then stood there casting and stripping sinking lines for huge cutts that fought like limp rags. Rocky Ford was crowded and felt pretty much like fishing in a hatchery pond for fish that get caught and released so many times it's just routine for them. Definitely a shit show.

We used to go to Coldwater lake by St Helens a lot. It's a pretty lake about 5 miles long. We'd troll from one end to the other on an electric, with both flies and hardware, and get big cutts and rainbows all the way. One time the mountain was burping up steam while we were there. Cool scene and not another soul around.
    One of my two dads was the king fisherman on Lake CDA. Back before the fucking northern pike got into the lake and killed all the cuthroat. Back before the fucking Miami Vice boats from Cali fags made fishing during the day a game of frogger. Trolled like a motherfucker and usually fished two or three poles at once (NWA style fuck the police game warden). He always had a knife handy to cut the lines if they showed up on the horizon.

We'd spend hours every day in the boat which pretty much turned me off to fishing. The attention span of an 8 year old is only held to the extent of the number of comic books available to read.

But I'd give my left nut to have one more day on the lake with him.

First time I ever saw Lake CDA was in the early 90s to visit our family friends who had just moved there. They were, of course, from Newport Beach, CA.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023
    Crater Lake, OR
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I've always wanted to hit Omak Lake to cast from the bank for Lahontan cutts that fight like limp rags. But the @swaye 's don't allow beer, guns and camping on their res.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crater Lake, OR

FO, G

If a salmon or steelhead could get there from the Pacific @BennyBeaver - as is the case with Idaho - then it's PNW.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    Swaye's Wigwam
    other (name In comments)
    Black Lake. The south end slowly flows into Grays Harbor via the Chehalis and the north end trickles through the Westside into Capitol Lake and Budd Bay.

Cool Lake, Bro