Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

'91 Dawgs destroy Arizona 54-0

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tim Tebow really admired Ty and wanted to come here but God chose Florida
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

How in the hell did we lose to them the following year?

Drop-off on defensive talent and it was also the first game after the Billy Joe scandal.

...and playing in the desert seems to not work out too well for the Huskies.
    That game was torture to watch. Was pissed about the Times going after Billy Joe that Thursday. Was pissed he was suspended on the spot. People forget that the loan was not a violation. It just opened the door but Billy would have been eligible

Then Brunell who I was still mad at for UCLA 90 and the offense played like retards. Slow motion death

Kind of knew it was over. Babs and Gerbs would win
    Worst season collapse in the history of the program. HS aged Yella went down to his room and was hurling out f-bombs.

Drew Bledsoe is a member of my cuntry club (he was an assistant corch recently at our future HS too). I should kick that guy in the nuts if I ever see him on the driving range. Snow bowl payback. But he'd probably kick my ass with relative ease.
    Should have run the damn ball with Darius Turner in the Apple Cup and it would have been a different game.

Nip-Nap couldn't turn the corner in the snow.

Shouldn't have lost that game.

ATBS, I can't hate on Bledsoe. Would have been a Husky if Brunell and Hobert weren't at Mountlake.
    I had not heard that. What I have always read is that Bledsoe is one of those guys who always knew where he wanted to go, and went there.

The dude was a national recruit before the internet and back when recruiting was much more regional. Back then, Miami didn't come out west very often and was never on anyone in Washington, but they chased Bledsoe. Everybody knew he was a super elite talent. As much as I love Camaro, I think Bledsoe beasts those two out even though both were better runners. He was just such an elite passer, but you never know.
    I'm not 100% sure it was true but I remember at the time somebody saying Bledsoe would have been a Husky except...
    All great players from other teams wanted to be Huskies. It's one of the lesser known Iron Laws.

@Auburndawg
    Warren Sapp wanted to be a Husky...
    Ray Lewis was all purple and gold, but Lambo took Ink Alleaga and said we're full.
    I heard Edgerin James wanted to be a Husky but his dad didn't like Rick N. Too white.
    Can confirm.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don James wanted to be a Husky but only got a Miami offer
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Drop-off on defensive talent and it was also the first game after the Billy Joe scandal.

That game was torture to watch. Was pissed about the Times going after Billy Joe that Thursday. Was pissed he was suspended on the spot. People forget that the loan was not a violation. It just opened the door but Billy would have been eligible

Then Brunell who I was still mad at for UCLA 90 and the offense played like retards. Slow motion death

Worst season collapse in the history of the program. HS aged Yella went down to his room and was hurling out f-bombs.

Drew Bledsoe is a member of my cuntry club (he was an assistant corch recently at our future HS too). I should kick that guy in the nuts if I ever see him on the driving range. Snow bowl payback. But he'd probably kick my ass with relative ease.
    Should have run the damn ball with Darius Turner in the Apple Cup and it would have been a different game.

ATBS, I can't hate on Bledsoe. Would have been a Husky if Brunell and Hobert weren't at Mountlake.
    I had not heard that. What I have always read is that Bledsoe is one of those guys who always knew where he wanted to go, and went there.

The dude was a national recruit before the internet and back when recruiting was much more regional. Back then, Miami didn't come out west very often and was never on anyone in Washington, but they chased Bledsoe. Everybody knew he was a super elite talent. As much as I love Camaro, I think Bledsoe beasts those two out even though both were better runners. He was just such an elite passer, but you never know.
    I'm not 100% sure it was true but I remember at the time somebody saying Bledsoe would have been a Husky except...
    All great players from other teams wanted to be Huskies. It's one of the lesser known Iron Laws.

@Auburndawg
    Geno Torretta wanted to be a Husky but DJ only wanted QB's with actual talent.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

@Auburndawg
    Warren Sapp wanted to be a Husky...
    Ray Lewis was all purple and gold, but Lambo took Ink Alleaga and said we're full.
    I heard Edgerin James wanted to be a Husky but his dad didn't like Rick N. Too white.
    Rick was perplexed when his acoustic renditions of John Denver's greatest hits didn't play well during the in-home.
    When in Imokolee, do as Imokoleeans do.
  • Options
    dnc said:

@Auburndawg
    Bern.

Poor Gino has been unmercifully beat up around here.

Like Race says, all he did was win.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

@Auburndawg
    Bern.

Bledsoe was better
  • Options

dnc said:

@Auburndawg
    Bern.

Bledsoe was better
    Ringzz
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023
    Pretty amazing to read that as a millennial doog.

Outside of 2014 (remember when they needed Pete to gift them that game) they are bottom of FBS. Basically 0-12 but COVID season bailed them out.

Jason Scheer and their neck beard Tucson trailer trash fans wanting an equal share to UW/UO or else they'll leave for the big 12...fucking don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2023

I once asked Don James if he ever considered going to another school. He said he'd probably have gone to Ohio State if offered.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I once asked Don James if he ever considered going to another school. He said he'd probably have gone to Ohio State if offered.
    What Ohio kid wouldn't? Paul Brown was an idol of James
  • Options
    Founders Club

I didn't know that part about Paul Brown.

Also interesting that James turned down the Seahawks' interest
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The story at the time was that Husky fans told Nordstrom they would cut up their credit cards if the Hawks hired James

And James got a fat raise and the assistants got the car dealer special

I think James did turn them down. And other NFL teams

The rest of the story is that is when Nordstrom decided to sell the team so they could keep selling shoes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The story at the time was that Husky fans told Nordstrom they would cut up their credit cards if the Hawks hired James

And James got a fat raise and the assistants got the car dealer special

I think James did turn them down. And other NFL teams

The rest of the story is that is when Nordstrom decided to sell the team so they could keep selling shoes
    I would have cut up my credit cards to keep James before I would have fired James
  • Options

James is from the cradle of coaches. Of course he did.