Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

'91 Dawgs destroy Arizona 54-0

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Loved that game for some reason

Had the tape for quite some time
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was there also

I don't remember much about the game, except it was loud and we? thrived on great defense. I remember UA had a receiver in the 90's, Bobby Wade? Who would always carve us up....good tims
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lou Geehlermhan voice as backdrop brings back memories
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

In before @YellowSnow to remind us that Gellermann was a row peter puffer.
    Not only have we? beat Hitler. But UW Men's Crew was the first American college sports team to compete back in the USSR. Lou beat Khrushchev in 1958.

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    How in the hell did we lose to them the following year?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

Drop-off on defensive talent and it was also the first game after the Billy Joe scandal.

...and playing in the desert seems to not work out too well for the Huskies.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey @whlinder when you were a gruntie (that's a Frosh row pet puffer for you not in the know) was Lou still the guest speaker at gruntie head shaving night?

Swaye's Wigwam
    Miami only won 36 to 9 against Arizona in 91
    Swaye's Wigwam

Drop-off on defensive talent and it was also the first game after the Billy Joe scandal.

That game was torture to watch. Was pissed about the Times going after Billy Joe that Thursday. Was pissed he was suspended on the spot. People forget that the loan was not a violation. It just opened the door but Billy would have been eligible

Then Brunell who I was still mad at for UCLA 90 and the offense played like retards. Slow motion death

Kind of knew it was over. Babs and Gerbs would win
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023

That game was torture to watch. Was pissed about the Times going after Billy Joe that Thursday. Was pissed he was suspended on the spot. People forget that the loan was not a violation. It just opened the door but Billy would have been eligible

Then Brunell who I was still mad at for UCLA 90 and the offense played like retards. Slow motion death

Worst season collapse in the history of the program. HS aged Yella went down to his room and was hurling out f-bombs.

Drew Bledsoe is a member of my cuntry club (he was an assistant corch recently at our future HS too). I should kick that guy in the nuts if I ever see him on the driving range. Snow bowl payback. But he'd probably kick my ass with relative ease.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

Worst season collapse in the history of the program. HS aged Yella went down to his room and was hurling out f-bombs.

Drew Bledsoe is a member of my cuntry club (he was an assistant corch recently at our future HS too). I should kick that guy in the nuts if I ever see him on the driving range. Snow bowl payback. But he'd probably kick my ass with relative ease.
    Should have run the damn ball with Darius Turner in the Apple Cup and it would have been a different game.

Nip-Nap couldn't turn the corner in the snow.

Shouldn't have lost that game.

ATBS, I can't hate on Bledsoe. Would have been a Husky if Brunell and Hobert weren't at Mountlake.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

#myteds
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

AZ was coming into its own. First year of Desert Swarm Defense…they were pretty good. But the Billy Joe scandal was a terrible destruction to the team and Don. I talked to Jenny that week and she was saying Don wasn’t himself and was visibly pissed 90% of the time. It’s be interesting to hear what carrol says.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2023

Hey @whlinder when you were a gruntie (that's a Frosh row pet puffer for you not in the know) was Lou still the guest speaker at gruntie head shaving night?

Nah he was gone by then, or should say he didn’t speak prior to head shaving on my recollection. I thought he was still the play by play announcer tho
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

They were really good the next year iirc. Didn't they mop someone, Miami I think, in a NY6 bowl?