Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Can we just broom this fuck?

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Down 13 vs Cuog at home with 7 1/2 mins left

Take all the screen shots you need.

Comments

• doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hop is definitely coming back. Jen Cohen is a great AD. Everyone says so.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One more year, maybe two. 6.3 million still owed on Hopkins contract and 5 million owed to Comcast. Used to be worried about tanking recruiting. With the portal we can watch Hopkins muddle through his last two years apologizing for home blowout losses and turn the whole roster over in a year with a new coach and start over without bottoming out. Iowa St went from less than 10 wins to a Sweet 16 in a year. It’s not real life like football, don’t worry.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know Meah was always supposed to be the backup, but holy shit he got blown off the court.

Creamed by Stanford and then Coug at home. Probably lose to Colorado in the first round. Don't see Hop surviving that.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just save the money for football. I don’t even care any more.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Literally the number one question I get when Husky Hoops is brought up is if Hopkins stays or is gone. The sad part is he'd probably be gone if Jim Boeheim would just fucking retire. Recruiting seems meh. Roster management is shit. Let some dudes go.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    No way Syracuse hires Hopkins if Boeheim retires, that would be beyond FS.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

No way Syracuse hires Hopkins if Boeheim retires, that would be beyond FS.

No no no no no. You got it all wrong. UW didn't support Hopkins. Going to a basketball school like Syracuse will help him a lot. He'll do great there.

The answer when we? asked why in the fuck would UW hire Gilby after he failed at Cal
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd be shocked if Hop got fired ...

IF UW is heading to the B10 and that gets signed, sealed, and delivered then there's probably money found to be able to make that move

But if we're stuck in the PAC dreckfest and PAC hoops is basically a glorified West Coast Conference then why waste your money on a buyout
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

IF UW is heading to the B10 and that gets signed, sealed, and delivered then there's probably money found to be able to make that move

But if we're stuck in the PAC dreckfest and PAC hoops is basically a glorified West Coast Conference then why waste your money on a buyout

Won't matter anyway. We've done this exercise other times and most newbies have an unrealistic expectation of who would actually come to UW to coach. Our last coaching search resulted in a 30+ year assistant. I wouldn't be shocked if Shantey Alleggins in Portland took a pass hoping for St Mary's or Cal to call.

UW just isn't a place where you're going to up your career. Blame the Pac1210 for ruining anything and everything sport. Pac10 doesn't even stack up against MWC or WCC once UCLA/USC leave(they might not even today)
  • MRTMRT Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    How many push-ups does Hop need to do to get another season?

Tequilla said:

Won't matter anyway. We've done this exercise other times and most newbies have an unrealistic expectation of who would actually come to UW to coach. Our last coaching search resulted in a 30+ year assistant. I wouldn't be shocked if Shantey Alleggins in Portland took a pass hoping for St Mary's or Cal to call.

UW just isn't a place where you're going to up your career. Blame the Pac1210 for ruining anything and everything sport. Pac10 doesn't even stack up against MWC or WCC once UCLA/USC leave(they might not even today)
    I agree as long as the program is in the PAC-whatever

But if you're heading to the Big10 or Big12 you'll get embarrassed if you don't give a shit
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    Boeheim was expected to step down before the 2018 season and hand the program over to long-time assistant coach Mike Hopkins. That plan blew up when Hopkins accepted the head-coaching position at the University of Washington.

The canceled succession plan cost Syracuse a key assistant and led to constant questions about when Boeheim would step away and what might come next for the program.

Fuck you and your sloppy tits, Jen.

Goddamnit. Fuck. Shit. Cunt.

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

But if you're heading to the Big10 or Big12 you'll get embarrassed if you don't give a shit
    The big ten sucks at basketball since MSU has taken a step back. They’ll get 9 bids and 8 of them will be gone by weekend 1. Just like the last couple of years.
    ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The big ten sucks at basketball since MSU has taken a step back. They’ll get 9 bids and 8 of them will be gone by weekend 1. Just like the last couple of years.
    I’m not a B10 hoops apologist

But being in that conference requires giving a shit about hoops
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Nebraska, Minnesota, Rutgers, Penn state, northwestern disagree
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    edited March 2023
    ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Nebraska, Minnesota, Rutgers, Penn state, northwestern disagree
    Rutgers is actually somewhat competitive lately.

Minnesota can be be but usually isn’t.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    Standard Supporter
    Keeping Hopkins to save $3 million doesn't make any financial sense because he is clearly a dead man walking. If he's around another year, it could set the rebuild back multiple years.