Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,969
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Apologize if a thread has already been in Yellas Shoppe re this thread title or similar.

However, I like “promises, promises. Good scene and relatable….and not just the mobile home…;). good stuff/good scene. I enjoyed this one.

Ida Red

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWiHjeyfGM

Y’all’s last movie you saw?

Not enuf chins. Matta fact, none. And not caus of the OP….at all.

The scene from that movie…(y’all need to check it out, watching it now…dvr style..)

Regardless. Update.

“The Menu”…slow AF…not to mention, stoopid…

Me Last movie??

The Gateway

Meh
    The guy murders two people, including a woman, in cold blood. It's fucked up. You want applause for that?
    They ran over the dudes wife with a Sherman tank and threw his kids off a 6 story building into an adjacent canal full of hungry bull sharks!

Not really and you’re right on the merits of the scene, however it is fiction.

Moving along, today watched Once Upon A Time in the West…and still good after the 23rd time. Another great Sergio Leone classic with Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson, amongst others. 1968 film, year behind The Good, Bad and Ugly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGQ1hUyx-k

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Apologize if a thread has already been in Yellas Shoppe re this thread title or similar.

However, I like “promises, promises. Good scene and relatable….and not just the mobile home…;). good stuff/good scene. I enjoyed this one.

Ida Red

The scene from that movie…(y’all need to check it out, watching it now…dvr style..)

Regardless. Update.

Me Last movie??

The Gateway

Meh
    The guy murders two people, including a woman, in cold blood. It's fucked up. You want applause for that?
    They ran over the dudes wife with a Sherman tank and threw his kids off a 6 story building into an adjacent canal full of hungry bull sharks!

Moving along, today watched Once Upon A Time in the West…and still good after the 23rd time. Another great Sergio Leone classic with Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson, amongst others. 1968 film, year behind The Good, Bad and Ugly.

What the hell @SECDAWG ? I started a John Wayne higher level discussion thread for you and you didn’t even respond.

Guess I will go hit DELETE on it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Belushi asking "how much for your daughter?" is basically the movie

Like a lot of SNL stuff trying to turn a skit into a movie is hard - Chris Petersen

The National Lampoon guys were a lot better at it
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

While I like the Blue Brothers, it isn't in the same league as Animal House and Caddyshack.

More in the Ghostbusters/Stripes caliber of comedy.

It's a different type of comedy than Animal House or Caddshack. Blue Bros is still a classic and the cameos are timeless.

But it's not on the Mt Rushmore of comedies like Caddyshack and Animal House.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladiator. Kids had never seen it. I remember it being a great movie, but I didn't remember how slow and boring it can be at times. I think watching the clock tick down on my only night off in nearly a month wasn't helping.

“What we do on our Saturday chores echoes in eternity!”
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,120
    Founders Club

While I like the Blue Brothers, it isn't in the same league as Animal House and Caddyshack.

Same caliber as Stripes?

CSB tim. November 5th, 1991 and it’s my last night as a civilian. I’d partied all weekend and stayed home that final night. Rented Stripes from the video store and watched it for about the 8th time in my life.

When they arrive at “Camp Arnold” (or maybe Fort Arnold) they all get off the bus and into an auditorium style building where they’re sitting in rows of chairs. I think that’s where Sgt Hulka comes in.

Fast forward about 24 hours and I’m getting off a bus in Fort Knox and shuttled into an auditorium style building. As I walk in, I realized I was walking in the footsteps of giants as I was in the exact same building as the cast of Stripes.
    As you left the civilian world, the Huskies would have been 8-0 and heading into LA for a battle against USC.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Harder They Fall on Netflix. Western with nearly all black cast. Very good. Idris Elba and Jonathan Majors.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Ida Red

Regardless. Update.

Me Last movie??

The Gateway

Meh

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Ida Red

Regardless. Update.

Me Last movie??

The Gateway

Meh

What the hell @SECDAWG ? I started a John Wayne higher level discussion thread for you and you didn’t even respond.

Sorry, Pod. Must have missed it. Love westerns and esp John Wayne, Eastwood, Fonda, Bronson, Dillon, Jones, Costner, Duvall, ect…
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,925
    Founders Club

Same caliber as Stripes?

CSB tim. November 5th, 1991 and it’s my last night as a civilian. I’d partied all weekend and stayed home that final night. Rented Stripes from the video store and watched it for about the 8th time in my life.

When they arrive at “Camp Arnold” (or maybe Fort Arnold) they all get off the bus and into an auditorium style building where they’re sitting in rows of chairs. I think that’s where Sgt Hulka comes in.

Fast forward about 24 hours and I’m getting off a bus in Fort Knox and shuttled into an auditorium style building. As I walk in, I realized I was walking in the footsteps of giants as I was in the exact same building as the cast of Stripes.
    As you left the civilian world, the Huskies would have been 8-0 and heading into LA for a battle against USC.
    I either got the game updates on the phone on Sunday mornings or from the Sunday paper. Saw the Rose Bowl on TV at home on Christmas leave and went back to basic the next day.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Ida Red

Regardless. Update.

Me Last movie??

The Gateway

Meh

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Ida Red

Regardless. Update.

Me Last movie??

The Gateway

Meh

Sorry, Pod. Must have missed it. Love westerns and esp John Wayne, Eastwood, Fonda, Bronson, Dillon, Jones, Costner, Duvall, ect…
    You call yourself a John Wayne fan @SECDAWG ?

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/104746/pm-to-alan-badillion-trahern#latest
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Just rewatched Fight Club.

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2023
    For the musik guysm, I saw Chuck Leavell: The Tree Man on ze plane…interesting guy, ABB to the Stones. I liked it, but I’m a music nerd…

Edit: it was refreshing to see a “normal” guy playing high level music with sex, drug and booze-addled cretins, nttawwt…
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,120
    Founders Club
    Can't wait for the Korean remake
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,101
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stripes is way better than Blues Brother IMO

Last movie watched? We have a movie room at the new house so I have been using it! We just watched Final Destination 2 as we are powering through that series once again.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    El_K said:

Stripes is way better than Blues Brother IMO

Last movie watched? We have a movie room at the new house so I have been using it! We just watched Final Destination 2 as we are powering through that series once again.

Stripes is a decent movie. Worth watching a few times caus of the characters. Past that, not so much…but is a classic, so to speak.

Me? Cold Mountain..today. Seen a few times and Nicole Kidman is a sweetheart. But not that good of a movie IMO.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,890
    edited March 2023

Same caliber as Stripes?

I like Stripes better than Blues Brothers. Wood PJ Soles

Convicted? No, never convicted.

Who cried when Ol Yeller got shot at the end?

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,101
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who cried when Ol Yeller got shot at the end?

I did.
    And I cried when Brian Piccolo died in Brian’s Song

Two movies that men are allowed to cry while watching.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,925
    Founders Club
    Watched Fish Called Wanda last night.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Watched Fish Called Wanda last night.

I tried watching that a few years ago since everyone raves about it. I turned it off about halfway through.