Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I don't really give a shit about the corrupt Ukrainian government. I do feel bad for Ukrainians. That said it's their fight. I see no reason to not sell them the guns to do it though(even at a discount). A reduced Russia is good for us and everyone except Putin.

I'd be happy sending weapons to Taiwan to kill the Chinese as well.

It's weird how divisive that is for some of you.

It's a lot more than selling some guns

Its weird to minimize that
    It's weird to lump pension checks in with defense weapons I agree.

So why do so many here keep doing that same thing.

No way in fuck do I think Ukraine should get blank checks or even f-15's let alone actual new tech like f-35(which is still old enough we sell it globally btw).

Some of the retards here still seem to think the M1 that served in the first Iraq war is new tech just because it's still in service. The B52 stratofortress is still in service too.

Russia has been supplying our active enemies for 20+ years. Payback is a bitch and there's literally nothing they can do about it.
    It's still damn good tech and they got updates along the way. The armor is still classified. Capable of smoking Russia shit.

Really want WWIII? we've killed lots of Russians in Ukraine and lots in Afghanistan. It's enough.

A puppet of the oligarchs is illegally the president. They want world War. I don't.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

I don't really give a shit about the corrupt Ukrainian government. I do feel bad for Ukrainians. That said it's their fight. I see no reason to not sell them the guns to do it though(even at a discount). A reduced Russia is good for us and everyone except Putin.

No way in fuck do I think Ukraine should get blank checks or even f-15's let alone actual new tech like f-35(which is still old enough we sell it globally btw).

Some of the retards here still seem to think the M1 that served in the first Iraq war is new tech just because it's still in service. The B52 stratofortress is still in service too.

Russia has been supplying our active enemies for 20+ years. Payback is a bitch and there's literally nothing they can do about it.
    It's still damn good tech and they got updates along the way. The armor is still classified. Capable of smoking Russia shit.

Really want WWIII? we've killed lots of Russians in Ukraine and lots in Afghanistan. It's enough.

A puppet of the oligarchs is illegally the president. They want world War. I don't.
    "Still damn good tech" isn't the same as "worried if it gets captured". The B52 is still damn good tech. It's 70 years old.

They remove all the classified shit before they send them and that includes the advanced thermals we've had since the gulf War. The Russians know how to make depleted uranium armor and shells already but they don't have the industry to support it.

The Russians already have their hands full and can't afford escalation. We should keep it that way.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's lumped in because you want to minimize what's really happening

This has nothing to do with Russia. Hell they're making money too like the Biden's and Cocaine Mitch

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Ukraine is horrifically corrupt. It's Joe's piggy bank. The lefts piggy bank. They're stealing the money we send to enrich themselves and to steal elections. I'm not good with that.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,696
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This has nothing to do with Russia. Hell they're making money too like the Biden's and Cocaine Mitch

What do you people not get. This has EVERYTHING to do with Russia. Russia is the country that started a fucking land war in Europe. Christ on a stick. Russia invaded Ukraine!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What do you people not get. This has EVERYTHING to do with Russia. Russia is the country that started a fucking land war in Europe. Christ on a stick. Russia invaded Ukraine!
    Yep. As soon as Joe got elected

Just like under Obama

Gee go figure. These world leaders wouldn't lie to us would they?

• Options
    Founders Club

Yep. As soon as Joe got elected

Just like under Obama

Gee go figure. These world leaders wouldn't lie to us would they?

What is your point?

Are you trying to imply that someone is forcing Russia to attack Georgia and Ukraine?

Did someone force Russia to level Grozny in the 90s?

Russia is a dumb fucking country that cant help itself. This is what they do.

Biden is a dumbfuck. Ukraine is corrupt. No one is saying this isnt the case.

That does not mean Russia can rape and pillage its way across Europe and the Caucasus.

If you would have told Reagan in the 80s that Ukraine would be able to hold Russia with Western C team weapons and some intelligence, he would call you a damned liar. This isnt the USSR of 1944 Grandpa
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,911
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023

It's telling that you think the history of the conflict begins in February 2022. Like how DuckFan that thinks the history of college football started in 1994.

You don't know why it's telling because establishment media wont tell you.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023
    Bob_C said:

It has everything to do with Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Russia.
    Afghanistan was 100% justified, as was supplying and providing advice in Syria and Ukraine.

The fact we pulled out of Afghanistan infuriates me. I bet we invade again when the wheels of war need some grease and the US wants some combat experiences

Vietnam and Iraq were mistakes IMO, but Iraq might actually be a functioning country someday which is Chinteresting. Still doesnt justify the military industrial Cheney clusterfuck that is was.

Libya and Yemen, who cares. Small potatoes.

Stop painting with a broad brush and get some perspective. Not every war is the same.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

It's telling that you think the history of the conflict begins in February 2022. Like how DuckFan that thinks the history of college football started in 1994.

You assume a lot and say very little. This shitshow had been brewing for quite a while. Obama was pathetic in 2014 and is the biggest catalyst to today's events.

Stop making excuses for Russia. They escalated things dramatically with a full scale invasion that for the most part has been a catastrophe
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

It has everything to do with Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Russia.
    Afghanistan was 100% justified, as was supplying and providing advice in Syria and Ukraine.

The fact we pulled out of Afghanistan infuriates me. I bet we invade again when the wheels of war need some grease and the US wants some combat experiences

Vietnam and Iraq were mistakes IMO, but Iraq might actually be a functioning country someday which is Chinteresting. Still doesnt justify the military industrial Cheney clusterfuck that is was.

Stop painting with a broad brush and get some perspective. Not every war is the same.
    JFC.

Might be time to bring back quoting posts in sigs. This gem is right up there.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Afghanistan was 100% justified, as was supplying and providing advise in Syria and Ukraine.

Whatever they tell you about a war on the news and the NYT and basically everyone else is propaganda. Sad you haven’t realized that yet. I’m not pretending to know what is going on on the ground and back room diplomacy unlike you. Just easy to spot the bullshit.
    I dont know shit about fuck. But I know enough to see that Putin and Russia are evil, wannabe imperialists that bit off FAR more than they can chew.

They showed their hand, and it was closer to a 2 7 off suit than it was a pair of aces.

This is clear to most.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Bob_C said:

JFC.

Might be time to bring back quoting posts in sigs. This gem is right up there.

Thanks for providing another post that doesnt actually say anything. It's your schtick
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

You assume a lot and say very little. This shitshow had been brewing for quite a while. Obama was pathetic in 2014 and is the biggest catalyst to today's events.

Stop making excuses for Russia. They escalated things dramatically with a full scale invasion that for the most part has been a catastrophe
    Your unintelligible reference to Obama notwithstanding, are you aware Zelenski more than doubled the shelling of the Donbas in the months leading up to Russia's invasion?

What would cause Zelenski to want to shell the Donbass in the first place?

How long has this shelling been going on for? Again to what aim?

A bit of intellectual curiosity would go a long way.

• Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Your unintelligible reference to Obama notwithstanding, are you aware Zelenski more than doubled the shelling of the Donbas in the months leading up to Russia's invasion?

What would cause Zelenski to want to shell the Donbass in the first place?

How long has this shelling been going on for? Again to what aim?

A bit of intellectual curiosity would go a long way.

What the fuck are you talking about? Unintelligible? Obama didnt even give Russia a slap on the wrist for annexing territory from a neighbor in 2014 when Russian launched the phony DPR, LPR, and took over Crimea. We didnt even so much as sanction Russia.

Russia gambled and thought Urkaine was a pushover and the rest of the world didnt care. It turned out they were very wrong.

The Donbas has been hot and cold since 2014 with shelling back and forth. Russia was shelling them more than Ukraine was, and doing it under the guise of the DPR and LPR
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Afghanistan was 100% justified, as was supplying and providing advise in Syria and Ukraine.

Whatever they tell you about a war on the news and the NYT and basically everyone else is propaganda. Sad you haven’t realized that yet. I’m not pretending to know what is going on on the ground and back room diplomacy unlike you. Just easy to spot the bullshit.
    I dont know shit about fuck. But I know enough to see that Putin and Russia are evil, wannabe imperialists that bit off FAR more than they can chew.

They showed their hand, and it was closer to a 2 7 off suit than it was a pair of aces.

This is clear to most.
    This is what history will say about the US and UKR after the petrodollar falls.

Since you like poker analogies, the West is severely overplaying their hand. There won't even be a Pyrrhic victory for the West when this is over.

I suggest you look up the BRICS and their plans.

Our imperialist machinations drove the BRICS into each other's arms.

Make no mistake, I don't want to be right.

• Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

This is clear to most.
    This is what history will say about the US and UKR after the petrodollar falls.

Since you like poker analogies, the West is severely overplaying their hand. There won't even be a Pyrrhic victory for the West when this is over.

I suggest you look up the BRICS and their plans.

Our imperialist machinations drove the BRICS into each other's arms.

Make no mistake, I don't want to be right.

This isn't ending in MAD. Russia is not going to resort to nukes.

Feel free to bump this when it happens, but living in WA I'll probably be dead since Seattle and area would be the first and heaviest hit area, behind maybe DC.