Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who should LEAVE!

124»

Comments

• section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Fair point, you've always been a classy poster.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2013
    DUCKSareOVERRATED

section8 said:

To me, this is the best case scenario:

Justin Wilcox becomes our defensive Chip Kelly.

We have a great season but it is because our D is top in the Pac while our Offense is somewhere in the middle (performing well when they need to with a little luck on our side). At the end of the year Sark,Woody, and everyone else see the writing on the wall. Sark, with the urging/blessing of the UW athletic department takes a job in the NFL. Wilcox is elevated to HC, Sirmon to DC, Tosh is given extra recruiting duties, Cozetto and Nansen are sent to the glue factory, Wilcox hires an OL coach and RB coach with recruiting/on the field results

Yeah...that's not going to happen.

Wilcox isn't that great. Neither is tosh.1
    Wilcox could be great but we won't find out until he takes the DC job at some SEC school and wins a couple title games.

Holt could have been great too based on his usc time
    Damone, stop with the bullshit. I'm all for coaches having to prove their worth, but Wilcox has a good track record at three different stops. Look at Tennessee's defense with him at the helm, and look at it without him. The drop off is astounding. Look at how he did at Boise. Look at the improvement at UW from Holt to him. The guy has been a success everywhere he has been.

He certainly has more to prove, and I do think it is very premature to talk about him being a possible replacement for Sark, but I'm glad we have him coaching the defense. It's been awhile since we had a quality dc.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

section8 said:

We have a great season but it is because our D is top in the Pac while our Offense is somewhere in the middle (performing well when they need to with a little luck on our side). At the end of the year Sark,Woody, and everyone else see the writing on the wall. Sark, with the urging/blessing of the UW athletic department takes a job in the NFL. Wilcox is elevated to HC, Sirmon to DC, Tosh is given extra recruiting duties, Cozetto and Nansen are sent to the glue factory, Wilcox hires an OL coach and RB coach with recruiting/on the field results

Wilcox could be great but we won't find out until he takes the DC job at some SEC school and wins a couple title games.

Damone, stop with the bullshit. I'm all for coaches having to prove their worth, but Wilcox has a good track record at three different stops. Look at Tennessee's defense with him at the helm, and look at it without him. The drop off is astounding. Look at how he did at Boise. Look at the improvement at UW from Holt to him. The guy has been a success everywhere he has been.

He certainly has more to prove, and I do think it is very premature to talk about him being a possible replacement for Sark, but I'm glad we have him coaching the defense. It's been awhile since we had a quality dc.

You think it's "premature" and he "certainly has more to prove"?

That's my point cuntwaffle.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    DUCKSareOVERRATED

section8 said:

I think it is pretty fucking stupid to act like Wilcox has been anything but a good coach. There is hard evidence at three different stops that show he has some coaching ability. Comparing him to Holt at USC is ridiculous.
    edited June 2013

section8 said:

I think it is pretty fucking stupid to act like Wilcox has been anything but a good coach. There is hard evidence at three different stops that show he has some coaching ability. Comparing him to Holt at USC is ridiculous.
    I didn't say he wasn't a good coach. I said "isn't that great". Great > good. He has been good. I said at one point most people believed Holt was a great coach. The implication being, maybe it's premature elevate Wilcox to HC. Which you agreed with. Maybe I shouldn't be so subtle next time now that I know my audience may have problems with inference.
  • iDawgiDawg Member Posts: 128
    I'll volunteer to leave if you want
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    iDawg said:

Why would you leave? Are you not entertained? With 5 total poasts on this website it's not like a lot of us fucktards would notice.

And BTW, who the fuck are you? (Obligatory)
  • iDawgiDawg Member Posts: 128

iDawg said:

Why would you leave? Are you not entertained? With 5 total poasts on this website it's not like a lot of us fucktards would notice.

And BTW, who the fuck are you? (Obligatory)
    My feelings are hurt. I thought this place was classy. I'll be hanging out on the glassboard... lots of action there.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    DUCKSareOVERRATED
    iDawg said:

1. LEAVE!
    2. Who the fuck are you?
    3. Podcast or die in a fucking fire.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    iDawg said:

Podcast?
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    WTF is a podcast?
  • PopeHarvPopeHarv Member Posts: 92
    AZDuck
    iDawg said:

Yes. Please, do.

iDawg said:

Yes. Please, do.

Looks like Harv has had a few drinks this evening..feeling FEISTY!
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    AZDuck
    where the fuck is "Mitten"