Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who should LEAVE!

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Meek said:

if you haven't figured out that Derek's a famous author who could get held to Paula Deen standards then I can't help you.

Wait, Derek is going to die from butter induced heart failure?

feel free to catch the news every now and then
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

As I've said (probably too often) there is zero hope that Cream Puff will produce anything but marginal teams. The heart of warrior is not something you can develop and learn in your 30s. You have it or you don't at his stage in life. Steve does not. His softness precludes being a warrior/fierce competitor.

However, if he's 10 - 2 this year, I'll eat massive amounts of crow and be happy to do so. 9 - 3 plus a bowl win will make me think twice about the grim outlook.

Fuck that. Sarks a mediocore coach. The stars could align and UW could have a bunch of good luck, like Ty did when he went 10-3 one year at Notre Dame, and Sark could get to 10 wins but that's no reason to eat crow. Ask yourself this, could you ever see a Sark led team winning 10 games in back to back seasons?
    When Sark's lost the one HHB who supported his hire, he's lost the fanbase.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Could Cream Puff go 10 & 2 twice? We'll never find out, but I suspect so if he does it once.

Actually, the Welfare Rat went 9 - 3 in 2001 including a bowl loss, his best. He had a couple of losing seasons before that. Cream Puff is at least mediocre....the Ty'ster wasn't fit to be a high school assistant.

As I've said (probably too often) there is zero hope that Cream Puff will produce anything but marginal teams. The heart of warrior is not something you can develop and learn in your 30s. You have it or you don't at his stage in life. Steve does not. His softness precludes being a warrior/fierce competitor.

However, if he's 10 - 2 this year, I'll eat massive amounts of crow and be happy to do so. 9 - 3 plus a bowl win will make me think twice about the grim outlook.

Fuck that. Sarks a mediocore coach. The stars could align and UW could have a bunch of good luck, like Ty did when he went 10-3 one year at Notre Dame, and Sark could get to 10 wins but that's no reason to eat crow. Ask yourself this, could you ever see a Sark led team winning 10 games in back to back seasons?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    DUCKSareOVERRATED

Meek said:

can't we just complain to the mods so they get muted like those fagtards complained to grinolds and fatters about us?

Everyone complained about you. And Damone. The place is better with you guys gone.
    The place sucks. First of all, it's three main mods/contibutors playing musical chairs. However, for their version of this game, they substitute chairs with key UW coaches and AD's asses. When the music stops, they must find one of these asses to place their head in. Luckily, there are enough asses so that nobody ever loses. None of them have to worry about not having an ass to stick their head up.

Does that sound like an accurate analogy to their defending every coach and AD's every move and performance? I can take some defending, but every fucking time? When we are 7-6 every year? When we get blown out by 30+ 3-4 times every year? When our OL sucks every year? When we advertise tickets with Crazy Larry? Criticism is certainly deserved after many of our performances.

If you can get past that, you get great, insightful posts about how special this year is going to be. Ignore all of the hard evidence from the past, this year is going to be special because Section 14A, DaveF, UWSuperfan, ladyhawks, and Howl4Dawgs think it will be. Sounds like a great place to me.

So, what's your agenda? The guys at DM re HUSKY fans and support the program. You bitch about them and the program.
    If you've consistently supported the steaming shit sandwich that the program has served over the last 11 years, you deserve to die in a fucking fire.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    DUCKSareOVERRATED

Could Cream Puff go 10 & 2 twice? We'll never find out, but I suspect so if he does it once.

Actually, the Welfare Rat went 9 - 3 in 2001 including a bowl loss, his best. He had a couple of losing seasons before that. Cream Puff is at least mediocre....the Ty'ster wasn't fit to be a high school assistant.

Ty has more Rose Bowl appearances and Coach of the Year awards than Sark.

Just saying.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This thread delivers
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DUCKSareOVERRATED
    Sark won't win 10, so we really don't even have to contemplate how we would feel if he did. It's more likely we win 5 and miss a bowl than 10.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    AZDuck
    I think it sez something good about this bored that we turned an attempt by me to screw with a racist into ACTUAL! FOOTBALL!! DISCUSSION!!!

This is a quality, classy bored and I look forward to all your posts. (Except DaO and that Puppylove bestiality guy)
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    Standard Supporter
    I am still holding onto the tiniest glimmer of hope that Sark can have a big year next year or that Wilcox's defense (paired with a mediocre offense) will win us a lot of games. This season the recruiting/program pendulum will begin falling one way or another. If we win 10 games, I do think we will have a very good recruiting class and have genuine excitement about the program.

If we win 7, 8 or less, you can expect a terrible recruiting class, and Sark will be a complete lame-duck. Hopefully at that point, Woodward has the sense to tell Sark "go look for an NFL QB coach/coordinator job if you don't want to be fired"
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited June 2013
    Good, but sad point. Cream Puff will never see a BCS field unless he's an assistant.

Ty has more Rose Bowl appearances and Coach of the Year awards than Sark.

Just saying.
  • Options
    DUCKSareOVERRATED

I am still holding onto the tiniest glimmer of hope that Sark can have a big year next year or that Wilcox's defense (paired with a mediocre offense) will win us a lot of games. This season the recruiting/program pendulum will begin falling one way or another. If we win 10 games, I do think we will have a very good recruiting class and have genuine excitement about the program.

If we win 7, 8 or less, you can expect a terrible recruiting class, and Sark will be a complete lame-duck. Hopefully at that point, Woodward has the sense to tell Sark "go look for an NFL QB coach/coordinator job if you don't want to be fired"

Did you copy/paste this post from the summer of 2012?
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

8 is the disaster scenario. Its failure yet improvement to some people. How Woodward handles the next offseason is critical.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

8 is the disaster scenario. Its failure yet improvement to some people. How Woodward handles the next offseason is critical.
    Eight is not improvement "to some people". Eight from 7, 7, 7 is improvement, period. It's basically the definition.

The problem is that doogs believe improvement = success. When you're talking gaining one win over four years, not the case.

• Options
    DUCKSareOVERRATED

Eight is not improvement "to some people". Eight from 7, 7, 7 is improvement, period. It's basically the definition.

The problem is that doogs believe improvement = success. When you're talking gaining one win over four years, not the case.

Have you looked at the OOC schedule this year? 8 is the new 7.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    Standard Supporter
    To me, this is the best case scenario:

Justin Wilcox becomes our defensive Chip Kelly.

We have a great season but it is because our D is top in the Pac while our Offense is somewhere in the middle (performing well when they need to with a little luck on our side). At the end of the year Sark,Woody, and everyone else see the writing on the wall. Sark, with the urging/blessing of the UW athletic department takes a job in the NFL. Wilcox is elevated to HC, Sirmon to DC, Tosh is given extra recruiting duties, Cozetto and Nansen are sent to the glue factory, Wilcox hires an OL coach and RB coach with recruiting/on the field results
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We have a great season but it is because our D is top in the Pac while our Offense is somewhere in the middle (performing well when they need to with a little luck on our side). At the end of the year Sark,Woody, and everyone else see the writing on the wall. Sark, with the urging/blessing of the UW athletic department takes a job in the NFL. Wilcox is elevated to HC, Sirmon to DC, Tosh is given extra recruiting duties, Cozetto and Nansen are sent to the glue factory, Wilcox hires an OL coach and RB coach with recruiting/on the field results

Yeah...that's not going to happen.

Wilcox isn't that great. Neither is tosh.1
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wilcox could be great but we won't find out until he takes the DC job at some SEC school and wins a couple title games.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    section8 said:

Wilcox could be great but we won't find out until he takes the DC job at some SEC school and wins a couple title games.

Holt could have been great too based on his usc time
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I know all you nega dawgs like to rewrite history and act like Ty was the worst coach ever but the truth is he was the definition of mediocore. That was the entire objection to him being hired.

0-12 was a complete debacle (and another 0-12 is clearly needed) and the majority of the blame is on Ty's shoulders but he's not the reason Locker got hurt and it wasn't his decision to bring back a lame duck coach. His career record without 0-12 is 76-76-1. Sark is Ty.