Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seahawks release Keith Price.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We haven't had much, if any success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in. Who was the last JC OL to play well at UW? I guess Wes Call in 2000 was decent.

What college coach has multiple successful NFL QB's? David Cutcliffe with the Manning brothers is the only one. After him, I will be waiting. Give me some college coaches with more. I'll bet Sven's $1,000,000 you won't come up with any.

The FREE PUB! saved you a WTF vote.

Jeff Tedford developed multiple Super Bowl winners (Dilfer, Rodgers).
    Explain to me how my Locker comment was wrong you sack of shit

He's only had 18 career starts in 3 years and has an 8-10 record as a starter, with no playoff appearances.

Tennessee chose not to extend his contract beyond 2014.

He's a bust.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

This bored desperately needs a 7-11 on Aurora gloves off meet up.

Maybe the meet and greet location? Mods?

I'm hearing @jecornel‌ will pay everyone that shows up $50.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited June 2014

Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We don't have much success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in.

What college coach has multiple successful NFL QB's? David Cutcliffe with the Manning brothers is the only one. After him, I will be waiting. Give me some college coaches with more. I'll bet Sven's $1,000,000 you won't come up with any.

Since when did you become such a Doog for Sark?
    Broad brush. Debate the QB stuff, don't call me a doog for Sark. I hated Sark and wanted him gone after the Alamo Bowl, for certain after the LSU game. His problems weren't coaching Price though. He did a decent job with the guy and not everything unfortunate that happened to Price was Sark's fault.

One of Sark's biggest problems is all he cares about is the QB, star WR's, and maybe a stud RB. He doesn't care about the big picture. He doesn't care about having strong, dominant lines, great special teams, and discipline. Of course he wants those, but he doesn't put in the necessary work or emphasize that stuff. If you are a QB, RB, or WR, he's a fine coach to play for. You will get your stats under him. He sucks at everything else.
    Umm...yeah...you were a doog... The correct answer is "Never hired"... The judges would also accept "Anytime after he was hired".

That's an entirely different debate. I do think it's odd we didn't interview a guy like Todd Graham who was winning 10+ games at Tulsa, and we could have certainly hired a better coordinator, but Sark didn't deserve to be fired in 2009 or 2010. I agree he probably never should have been hired, but 2011 was the first year it was logical to say he should go.
    He deserved to be fired in 2010 the day Locker's Heisman Campaign went poof.. Game 1 vs. BYU.

Poor game planning (He had a whole offseason to get ready for BYU) and horrible game coaching. (UW was better than BYU and even with the lack of prep, still should have been able to figure it out during the game..except altitude)
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,605 Swaye's Wigwam

Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We haven't had much, if any success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in. Who was the last JC OL to play well at UW? I guess Wes Call in 2000 was decent.

He's only had 18 career starts in 3 years and has an 8-10 record as a starter, with no playoff appearances.

He's a bust.
    A lot of that has to do with the entire Titans teams not being very good.

If Locker has a good season this year, he'll get extended. He's playing for his contract. If he sucks it up, then yeah, we can label him a bust
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Six minutes
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

He's a bust.
    But still.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We don't have much success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in.

Broad brush. Debate the QB stuff, don't call me a doog for Sark. I hated Sark and wanted him gone after the Alamo Bowl, for certain after the LSU game. His problems weren't coaching Price though. He did a decent job with the guy and not everything unfortunate that happened to Price was Sark's fault.

One of Sark's biggest problems is all he cares about is the QB, star WR's, and maybe a stud RB. He doesn't care about the big picture. He doesn't care about having strong, dominant lines, great special teams, and discipline. Of course he wants those, but he doesn't put in the necessary work or emphasize that stuff. If you are a QB, RB, or WR, he's a fine coach to play for. You will get your stats under him. He sucks at everything else.
    Umm...yeah...you were a doog... The correct answer is "Never hired"... The judges would also accept "Anytime after he was hired".

That's an entirely different debate. I do think it's odd we didn't interview a guy like Todd Graham who was winning 10+ games at Tulsa, and we could have certainly hired a better coordinator, but Sark didn't deserve to be fired in 2009 or 2010. I agree he probably never should have been hired, but 2011 was the first year it was logical to say he should go.
    He deserved to be fired in 2010 the day Locker's Heisman Campaign went poof.. Game 1 vs. BYU.

Poor game planning (He had a whole offseason to get ready for BYU) and horrible game coaching. (UW was better than BYU and even with the lack of prep, still should have been able to figure it out during the game..except altitude)
    I don't disagree and that game was pathetic, but the year ended with a Holiday Bowl win. It's not like he went 4-8 in year 2 (although he could have). Oregon State 2011 was the first time I thought he had plenty of time and this shit was inexusable. Not that there weren't shitty moments before but dropping that game and playing Montana was a wtf moment.

edited June 2014

I don't disagree and that game was pathetic, but the year ended with a Holiday Bowl win. It's not like he went 4-8 in year 2 (although he could have). Oregon State 2011 was the first time I thought he had plenty of time and this shit was inexusable. Not that there weren't shitty moments before but dropping that game and playing Montana was a wtf moment.

I thought you said you wanted him gone after the Alamo Bowl? Now it's OSU? Make up your mind.

And if you couldn't see that his shit was inexcusable way before 2011...then even Tequila can't help you.

I get what RoadDawg is saying. I hated the hire and felt Sark was too inexperienced for our program. Saw some good things in year one(team look inspired week in and week out) and saw some bad things(ND, UCLA and ASU) so my stance didn't change. In year two you started to see the signs he was a bad coach. Lost by 30 points or more in four games, Locker looked fucking terrible. However he did lead us to a bowl win even though four of those wins that year came within the final minute including three on the final play of the game.

In year three for me that's always the make or break year for a coach. Sark started off 5-1 but the "nega's" all knew it was a weak schedule with smoke and mirrors. The 65-21 loss on national TV to Stanford was yet another sign this guy wasn't the guy.

The breaking point was Oregon State. I was always on the Sark needs to go from day one but that game I lost it with Doogs. To get your ass kicked to a two win team like that, how he totally mishandled Montana-Price that game, the team didn't look at all ready to play.

After the Alamo loss Doogs thought changing the defensive coaches and we'd be fine. Well they did that and the following year was 7-6 with 5-4 in conference. Yet somehow Sark kept his job again and with easier scheduling he managed to finally go 8-4(5-4) so he could LEAVE!

I really don't see how anyone can see this guy and ever think at one time this is a championship coach. He shares no characteristics of a championship coach. NONE.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314

Can I offer you $50 to meet up at Aurora Ave to take the gloves off?
    If there's anything we learned from @RaceBannon‌ (RIP) its to always leave the glove on when getting physical on auroras ave #fullblownaids
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I thought you said you wanted him gone after the Alamo Bowl? Now it's OSU? Make up your mind.

And if you couldn't see that his shit was inexcusable way before 2011...then even Tequila can't help you.

What was so bad about the first two years? In disclosure, I honestly didn't have an opinion on the Sark hire. I knew it would be a shitty hire, and I didn't like his offenses at USC, but I gave it a chance after Ty. He went 5-7 in 2009. I know you like to harp on the UCLA, ASU, and ND games, but that team was bound to lose some close games. They also lucked out to beat Arizona and USC. It more or less evened out. He also pulled in a very good recruiting class, stocked with OL and DL. In his first 2 years, he got every notable in state guy but Heaps who sucks. He then won the Holiday Bowl is year 2. The Arizona and Stanford games sucked and in hindsight showed serious problems, but the year ended well.

2011 was where it all went downhill and it was evident 7-8 wins was Sark's ceiling. He had created some sizzle that completely fizzled out by 2011. 2011 was where he whiffed on the in state bumper crop. He had shown flaws before 2011, but the second half of the 2011 season combined with the recruiting was the final straw imo.

What was so bad about the first two years? In disclosure, I honestly didn't have an opinion on the Sark hire. I knew it would be a shitty hire, and I didn't like his offenses at USC, but I gave it a chance after Ty. He went 5-7 in 2009. I know you like to harp on the UCLA, ASU, and ND games, but that team was bound to lose some close games. They also lucked out to beat Arizona and USC. It more or less evened out. He also pulled in a very good recruiting class, stocked with OL and DL. In his first 2 years, he got every notable in state guy but Heaps who sucks. He then won the Holiday Bowl is year 2. The Arizona and Stanford games sucked and in hindsight showed serious problems, but the year ended well.

2011 was where it all went downhill and it was evident 7-8 wins was Sark's ceiling. He had created some sizzle that completely fizzled out by 2011. 2011 was where he whiffed on the in state bumper crop. He had shown flaws before 2011, but the second half of the 2011 season combined with the recruiting was the final straw imo.
    I already told you. BYU is all you needed to know that he was the wrong guy for UW. If you were stupid and still needed convincing, the ass kicking by Arizona should have been enough. But if you're a total fucktard, getting shutout by Stanford should have sealed the deal. Not a year later at OSU.

Yeah..you have doog written all over you.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727

Having a coined phrase on HH means I have moved passed free pub to having a statue in front husky stadium.

This is a special time for me. boobs, i have decided to leave you off the list of three and whittle it down to post game and more time.
    Bounce those two and this has taken two steps forward.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Yes, the BYU game was quite the wake up call. I attended that disaster and we couldn't believe the debacle we witnessed.
    jecornel said:

Having a coined phrase on HH means I have moved passed free pub to having a statue in front husky stadium.

This is a special time for me. boobs, i have decided to leave you off the list of three and whittle it down to post game and more time.
    Great contribution to the football post as always. Perhaps you should start another thread bitching about lack of football talk instead of you know actually contributing to a thread that has football talk.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,605 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Actually, this bored would be a lot better off without your whiney cunt. I have yet to see you make a single interesting football related post. Kind of ironic, considering your constant bitching about the lack of hawt football talk.

Go watch your Gossip Girls blu-ray you fucking idiot.