Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seahawks release Keith Price.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014
    Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We haven't had much, if any success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in. Who was the last JC OL to play well at UW? I guess Wes Call in 2000 was decent.

What college coach has multiple successful NFL QB's? David Cutcliffe with the Manning brothers is the only one. After him, I will be waiting. Give me some college coaches with more. I'll bet Sven's $1,000,000 you won't come up with any.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited June 2014

Sark's QB's that he's had his hands on:

Matt Leinart: NFL bust
    John David Booty: Has never taken a snap in the NFL
    Mark Sanchez: NFL bust
    Jake Locker: NFL Bust
    Keith Price: probably will never take a snap in the NFL

I think it's time Doogs stop praising him as a QB "genius" when every QB he's coached hasn't done shit.

I think it's still too early to consider Locker a bust. It's all dependent on how he does this year.

If he gets hurt again or has a sub-par season, then yeah, he's a bust.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2014

What college coach has multiple successful NFL QB's? David Cutcliffe with the Manning brothers is the only one. After him, I will be waiting. Give me some college coaches with more. I'll bet Sven's $1,000,000 you won't come up with any.

That's not the main point I was making. My point is that anyone couldve gotten those QBs into the NFL. Their college success was a product of the USC Carrol-led juggernaut, not Sark saying, "bro, throw a tighter spiral next time, man!"

hth
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark's QB's that he's had his hands on:

Matt Leinart: NFL bust
    John David Booty: Has never taken a snap in the NFL
    Mark Sanchez: NFL bust
    Jake Locker: NFL Bust
    Keith Price: probably will never take a snap in the NFL

I think it's time Doogs stop praising him as a QB "genius" when every QB he's coached hasn't done shit.

He's not a QB genius, but it's a fact that he has put more QB's in the NFL than any other college coach. Tedford is close. All of his guys but Rodgers are busts too. Most NFL QB's are busts. That's just the nature of the beast. There is no coach that has more than one successful NFL QB besides Cutcliffe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We don't have much success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in.

Since when did you become such a Doog for Sark?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014

That's not the main point I was making. My point is that anyone couldve gotten those QBs into the NFL. Their college success was a product of the USC Carrol-led juggernaut, not Sark saying, "bro, throw a tighter spiral next time, man!"

hth
    There is no way to really know if that's true. With the talent USC put around those guys, I think you are probably right. I don't think Sark is a mastermind for getting those guys from USC or Locker to the NFL. Still, nobody else has done it. It's not like Florida, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and Michigan don't have 4 and 5 star QB's like USC did. Every QB they trot out is a 4 or 5 star and they have good talent around them too.
  • Options
    Founders Club

hth
    There is no way to really know if that's true. With the talent USC put around those guys, I think you are probably right. I don't think Sark is a mastermind for getting those guys from USC or Locker to the NFL. Still, nobody else has done it. It's not like Florida, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and Michigan don't have 4 and 5 star QB's like USC did. Every QB they trot out is a 4 or 5 star and they have good talent around them too.
    They didn't have Pete Carroll running the show

hth
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We don't have much success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in.

Broad brush. Debate the QB stuff, don't call me a doog for Sark. I hated Sark and wanted him gone after the Alamo Bowl, for certain after the LSU game. His problems weren't coaching Price though. He did a decent job with the guy and not everything unfortunate that happened to Price was Sark's fault.

One of Sark's biggest problems is all he cares about is the QB, star WR's, and maybe a stud RB. He doesn't care about the big picture. He doesn't care about having strong, dominant lines, great special teams, and discipline. Of course he wants those, but he doesn't put in the necessary work or emphasize that stuff. If you are a QB, RB, or WR, he's a fine coach to play for. You will get your stats under him. He sucks at everything else.
  • Options

hth
    USC/Locker ran a pro style though. While those schools care about their current program than getting guys to the NFL. Most spread QB's until a few years ago weren't considered for the NFL since the NFL was strictly pro style.

I remember Tressel saying on Pryor his job is to win games not prepare one kid out of 85 for the NFL. That statement was made in 2010 when Sark was more worried about preparing one kid out of 85 to the NFL than the team.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

hth
    USC/Locker ran a pro style though. While those schools care about their current program than getting guys to the NFL. Most spread QB's until a few years ago weren't considered for the NFL since the NFL was strictly pro style.

I remember Tressel saying on Pryor his job is to win games not prepare one kid out of 85 for the NFL. That statement was made in 2010 when Sark was more worried about preparing one kid out of 85 to the NFL than the team.
    That's a fair point. On the flip side, the spread has become more prevelant the past 5 years. There were more teams running a variation of the pro style back when USC was dominant under Carroll. At one time, Oregon was the only Pac 10 school running it. Maybe Arizona was too, but theirs was more of an air raid when Dykes was their OC. UW's offense with Locker under Ty was an attempt at the spread, but it really was just sandlot/ video game ball.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited June 2014

Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We haven't had much, if any success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in. Who was the last JC OL to play well at UW? I guess Wes Call in 2000 was decent.

The FREE PUB! saved you a WTF vote.

Jeff Tedford developed multiple Super Bowl winners (Dilfer, Rodgers).
  • Options
    Founders Club

The FREE PUB! saved you a WTF vote.

Jeff Tedford developed multiple Super Bowl winners (Dilfer, Rodgers).
    Explain to me how my Locker comment was wrong you sack of shit

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread began to deliver...now it does not deliver...
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

I wish the kid well. Not many players can shoulder public blame from a weak head coach week after week and perform at the level he did.... much of it while injured!

Thanks for the memories, kid. I wish you all the best in the future.

I like to call adult athletes 'kid'. It makes me feel younger, and reminds me of the days when I could pop a sweatpants boner.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Broad brush. Debate the QB stuff, don't call me a doog for Sark. I hated Sark and wanted him gone after the Alamo Bowl, for certain after the LSU game. His problems weren't coaching Price though. He did a decent job with the guy and not everything unfortunate that happened to Price was Sark's fault.

One of Sark's biggest problems is all he cares about is the QB, star WR's, and maybe a stud RB. He doesn't care about the big picture. He doesn't care about having strong, dominant lines, great special teams, and discipline. Of course he wants those, but he doesn't put in the necessary work or emphasize that stuff. If you are a QB, RB, or WR, he's a fine coach to play for. You will get your stats under him. He sucks at everything else.
    Umm...yeah...you were a doog... The correct answer is "Never hired"... The judges would also accept "Anytime after he was hired".

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Like after the first Rally in the Alley at Joey's maybe?
  • Options

Umm...yeah...you were a doog... The correct answer is "Never hired"... The judges would also accept "Anytime after he was hired".

He had always believed in Sark until the Oregon game Alamo Bowl
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's an entirely different debate. I do think it's odd we didn't interview a guy like Todd Graham who was winning 10+ games at Tulsa, and we could have certainly hired a better coordinator, but Sark didn't deserve to be fired in 2009 or 2010. I agree he probably never should have been hired, but 2011 was the first year it was logical to say he should go.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This bored desperately needs a 7-11 on Aurora gloves off meet up.

Maybe the meet and greet location? Mods?