Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seahawks release Keith Price.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

This will be unpopular here, but you guys are putting too much blame on Sark. He's a shitty coach, but how he handled Price is pretty low on the list. Fielding undisciplined teams, the shit recruiting at OL were way bigger issues, and being dude brah were way bigger issues. Joey's, the recruiting bus, the rumor about girls on his boat the week of the Oregon game. This guy is a frat boy masquerading as a head football coach. However, the one thing he is competent at is coaching QB's. Hate it all you want, he's put more QB's in the NFL than just about any coach.

I'm surprised Price was cut this soon. I actually thought he had a fairly good chance at making the practice squad. Hopefully, he was cut this early because Carroll/Schneider are doing him a favor and letting him find a better opportunity because he didn't have a chance to make the Seahawks.

He's far from the first good college QB who wasn't NFL caliber. There are QB's who get great coaching who don't make it. It's not always the coach's fault a guy doesn't succeed in the NFL. The fact is, Price is pretty small and has limited mobility. Smaller QB's are getting more of a chance nowadays, but most of those guys are mobile.

1) How he handled Price is pretty high on the list. From shitty playcalling (especially in 2012), to the "trust issues" comment, to leaving a hobbled Price in games against shit opponents FAR longer than he shouldve been, all factors point to Sark being a fucking moron.

2) I'm unconvinced Sark is some ascendant QB guru. At USC, he was coaching 5 star QBs that you'd have to actually undermine in order for them to not have success. I was unimpressed with his work on Locker. You can argue that Price has good numbers in 2/3 seasons because of Sark's coaching, but then you also have to recognize all the flaws in Sark's tutelage discussed in poont 1.

3) Not having an O-Line fucked up Price more than any other factor. The dude got abused in 2012 and never had the same quickness. He was way more mobile at the start of his career than he was at the end. Go rewatch the 2011 Alamo Bowl. That is Sark's fault. You can have the best general ever (QB), but if the troops suck (O-Line), it's not going to matter and the general is going to get fucked up. A great QB "guru" like Sark should be able to recognize the importance of the fucking O-Line. Sark had an amazing O-Line at USC, and Locker was very mobile, so Sark was skating by on the talents of other individuals.

4) Yes, plenty of good college QB's don't have success in the NFL. The game has changed, and most QBs put up big numbers these days. Still, Price set the UW passing record for TDs in a season, and managed to put up solid numbers while playing behind the aforementioned dreckfest of an O-Line. He also had the "benefit" of playing for one of the most inept play-callers in the nation: Sark.

5) Fuck off

Sark was good at recruiting talented skill players and barely beating less talented teams. That's it. The dude is a fraud and got exposed by any coach with a pulse.
    Wow man. This board would be so much better with you gone!!!11
    I'm glad the irony of Little Jimmy still finding things to bitch about, in the thread with the most football talk in forever, wasn't lost on others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I've often noticed those that bitch about lack of football talk aren't intelligent enough to actually add football talk. Sure among Krisvashon and Section14AFS Little Jimmy could seem intelligent but that isn't the case here.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

This will be unpopular here, but you guys are putting too much blame on Sark. He's a shitty coach, but how he handled Price is pretty low on the list. Fielding undisciplined teams, the shit recruiting at OL were way bigger issues, and being dude brah were way bigger issues. Joey's, the recruiting bus, the rumor about girls on his boat the week of the Oregon game. This guy is a frat boy masquerading as a head football coach. However, the one thing he is competent at is coaching QB's. Hate it all you want, he's put more QB's in the NFL than just about any coach.

I'm surprised Price was cut this soon. I actually thought he had a fairly good chance at making the practice squad. Hopefully, he was cut this early because Carroll/Schneider are doing him a favor and letting him find a better opportunity because he didn't have a chance to make the Seahawks.

He's far from the first good college QB who wasn't NFL caliber. There are QB's who get great coaching who don't make it. It's not always the coach's fault a guy doesn't succeed in the NFL. The fact is, Price is pretty small and has limited mobility. Smaller QB's are getting more of a chance nowadays, but most of those guys are mobile.

1) How he handled Price is pretty high on the list. From shitty playcalling (especially in 2012), to the "trust issues" comment, to leaving a hobbled Price in games against shit opponents FAR longer than he shouldve been, all factors point to Sark being a fucking moron.

2) I'm unconvinced Sark is some ascendant QB guru. At USC, he was coaching 5 star QBs that you'd have to actually undermine in order for them to not have success. I was unimpressed with his work on Locker. You can argue that Price has good numbers in 2/3 seasons because of Sark's coaching, but then you also have to recognize all the flaws in Sark's tutelage discussed in poont 1.

3) Not having an O-Line fucked up Price more than any other factor. The dude got abused in 2012 and never had the same quickness. He was way more mobile at the start of his career than he was at the end. Go rewatch the 2011 Alamo Bowl. That is Sark's fault. You can have the best general ever (QB), but if the troops suck (O-Line), it's not going to matter and the general is going to get fucked up. A great QB "guru" like Sark should be able to recognize the importance of the fucking O-Line. Sark had an amazing O-Line at USC, and Locker was very mobile, so Sark was skating by on the talents of other individuals.

4) Yes, plenty of good college QB's don't have success in the NFL. The game has changed, and most QBs put up big numbers these days. Still, Price set the UW passing record for TDs in a season, and managed to put up solid numbers while playing behind the aforementioned dreckfest of an O-Line. He also had the "benefit" of playing for one of the most inept play-callers in the nation: Sark.

5) Fuck off

Sark was good at recruiting talented skill players and barely beating less talented teams. That's it. The dude is a fraud and got exposed by any coach with a pulse.
    Wow man. This board would be so much better with you gone!!!11
    I'm glad the irony of Little Jimmy still finding things to bitch about, in the thread with the most football talk in forever, wasn't lost on others.
    I picked your best post in the thread to emphasize that fact.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wait. Gossip Girls is out on blu-ray?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lol. Even race Bannon was on the sark bandwagon after the holiday bowl win.

Year 3 there were plenty of signs, but before that you were just bitter & miserable in your Mom's basement if you wanted Sark fired.

I wasn't a poaster back then, but i don't remember anyone being upset about a Holiday Bowl win after years of being shit. It was solid progress at the time. It should have been a stepping stone. Unfortunately, that was as good as it got under Sark.

Umm...upset, of course not. But many of us saw that holiday bowl game for what it was. Nebraska was thinking national championship and didn't want to be there. They mailed it in. Credit was given to sark for running Polk, but that game could not overcome the shit he put out that season. 41-0 to Stanford. Seriously?
    I went to the Holiday Bowl and it was obvious Nebraska mailed it in. Everyone knew they didn't want to be there while the UW players were pumped to finally be in a bowl. It was still cool that they blew us out and we beat them to end the season. I honestly thought we were going to get plungered walking into the game.

I fully understand what you are saying and the Stanford game was shit. I was still cool with 7-6 and a bowl win. I saw some stuff that made me optimistic, especially Ta'Amu and Jamora. Ta'Amu looked like an All American that day and I was pumped he was returning the next season. Also liked Sark's commitment to the run that he showed not only in that game, but the last 3-4 games of 2011.

In hindsight you are right, but I hoped and expected Sark to turn 7-6 into 9 or 10, to contending for a Rose Bowl. That's what should have happened. He fell well short of that, not only record wise, but getting plungered multiple times every season. I've already said the Arizona and Stanford games were bad signs, but the end of the season made me a little bit optimistic. I certainly didn't want him fired at the time.
    Of course I'm right..but it didn't take hindsight for some of us to come to that conclusion. However , it does take that hindsight for Doogs. That's what makes them doogs. Their judgment is clouded by "hope" and that alters their reality. That's how you get to being excited over kick ass presses and coach speak. It's lather rinse repeat.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Hope gave us Doogs and Obama. Hope really fucking sucks.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Year 3 there were plenty of signs, but before that you were just bitter & miserable in your Mom's basement if you wanted Sark fired.

I wasn't a poaster back then, but i don't remember anyone being upset about a Holiday Bowl win after years of being shit. It was solid progress at the time. It should have been a stepping stone. Unfortunately, that was as good as it got under Sark.

Umm...upset, of course not. But many of us saw that holiday bowl game for what it was. Nebraska was thinking national championship and didn't want to be there. They mailed it in. Credit was given to sark for running Polk, but that game could not overcome the shit he put out that season. 41-0 to Stanford. Seriously?
    I went to the Holiday Bowl and it was obvious Nebraska mailed it in. Everyone knew they didn't want to be there while the UW players were pumped to finally be in a bowl. It was still cool that they blew us out and we beat them to end the season. I honestly thought we were going to get plungered walking into the game.

I fully understand what you are saying and the Stanford game was shit. I was still cool with 7-6 and a bowl win. I saw some stuff that made me optimistic, especially Ta'Amu and Jamora. Ta'Amu looked like an All American that day and I was pumped he was returning the next season. Also liked Sark's commitment to the run that he showed not only in that game, but the last 3-4 games of 2011.

In hindsight you are right, but I hoped and expected Sark to turn 7-6 into 9 or 10, to contending for a Rose Bowl. That's what should have happened. He fell well short of that, not only record wise, but getting plungered multiple times every season. I've already said the Arizona and Stanford games were bad signs, but the end of the season made me a little bit optimistic. I certainly didn't want him fired at the time.
    Of course I'm right..but it didn't take hindsight for some of us to come to that conclusion. However , it does take that hindsight for Doogs. That's what makes them doogs. Their judgment is clouded by "hope" and that alters their reality. That's how you get to being excited over kick ass presses and coach speak. It's lather rinse repeat.
    Yet you continued to buy season tickets and attend road games, including the 2012 Apple Cup.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yet you continued to buy season tickets and attend road games, including the 2012 Apple Cup.

So? What does that have to do with me knowing sark wasn't the right guy on day one?

I still had fun...crisp fall days with dad, etc...
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Easier said than done to get JC lineman to UW. We haven't had much, if any success at all getting them. The one OL Sark did sign in 2009 was a JC guy who never got in. Who was the last JC OL to play well at UW? I guess Wes Call in 2000 was decent.

What college coach has multiple successful NFL QB's? David Cutcliffe with the Manning brothers is the only one. After him, I will be waiting. Give me some college coaches with more. I'll bet Sven's $1,000,000 you won't come up with any.

The FREE PUB! saved you a WTF vote.

Jeff Tedford developed multiple Super Bowl winners (Dilfer, Rodgers).
    Explain to me how my Locker comment was wrong you sack of shit

He's only had 18 career starts in 3 years and has an 8-10 record as a starter, with no playoff appearances.

Tennessee chose not to extend his contract beyond 2014.

He's a bust.
    A lot of that has to do with the entire Titans teams not being very good.

If Locker has a good season this year, he'll get extended. He's playing for his contract. If he sucks it up, then yeah, we can label him a bust

Did they widen that Barn in Nashville in the offseason?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    The closet Doogs are revealing themselves in this thread.

If you were ever happy with 7-6 and a bowl win over an opponent less alive than Todd Doxey you are a Doog.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Fenwick said:

I knew a girl named Hope and yes she sucked

You better LEAVE before Jerramy Stevens fucks you in the ass.

Ha, nice retort. Stevens has no hope even though he has Hope.

From Price the hopeful to Stevens the fuckup. Quite the transition.